1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graffiti

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Donuts, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Last night I had a dream that I took graffiti lessons, focusing on doing those great pieces so often seen around suburban train stations. (Not that those ugly tags, anyone can do those)

So I decided that I should tkae it up in real life. Does anyone know where to get lessons?

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

3. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Thanks for the info and the link but i'm still in high school and living in Australia.

A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF:

I used to draw, I even did an art course in primary school. We used different mediums, such as pencil, charcol and ink. I used to paint as well.

I guess it would be a good start if I could get a tutorial on proper spray can control. Or maybe learn from someone who's already into this, a sort of aprenticship.

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Good to start early. Are you taking art in High school? If so ask one of your teachers about trying spray paint as a new medium. IF not taking one, ask any ways. Also there may be community courses you can take. Here in Toronto the AGO takes students from 8 to 65 to learn art various art techniques. So that may also be an other possiblity even if you are in High school. But make sure you say your testing new media and not for vandalism!!

5. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Unfortunatley I'm not doing art. Mostly due to a crazy art teacher I had in year 8.(Fear of getting him again and my the time he was fired I had gone into science and maths.

I'll look around for community courses though, thanks for the idea.

Is there anychance someone would publish a spray can tutorial on the net? I've seen plently of tutorials for other things...

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

7. Donuts

Donuts Guest

Thanks