1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphic card fan does not stop working with game

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by oriyellow, May 9, 2012.

1. oriyellow

oriyellow Member

hello , i have some problem with my 9800 card. im playing a game "risen 2" and the graphic card fan does not stop working. i had this problem in a small game "legend of grimrock" but i stop playing this before i solved the problem. i saw some answers were to turn vsync on so i did it from the game option and in the 3d option on the card i put - force on - but this did not solved the problem. so please tell me how to fix this.
    thanxs

2. aldan

aldan Active member

how hot is your graphics card getting?the fan is there to cool the card so i would expect it to be on when playing a game.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

fan will continuously spin whether playing games or browsing the net. with the pc turned off, see if the fan spins easily or is stiff to turn manually.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Speccy by piriform is an app i use to monitor temps of whatever hardware plus a stack of detailed info it can proved,it will tell you the temps,there's also an app called speedfan which overrides the fan speed if needed,however unless the fan is going hard out & making a racket your better off leaving well enough alone unless you know what your doing,perhaps a clean of dust is in order or a better rear case exhaust fan