1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic card skipping problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by l2aw, Feb 10, 2007.

1. l2aw

l2aw Member

First of all.. my PC specs:
    Pentium 4, 1.60 ghz. 384mb (SD)RAM, Nvidia 5200 geforce.

I recently bought an ATI RADEON X-800 PRO/GTO .. and while I play this game, Counter Strike 1.6 (on OPENGL), the game lags. As in.. the keys respond slowly sometimes.. if u know what i mean.

It happens at regular intervals. And my ping is real high. This never happened before with my Nvidia card when i played the same game.

I think my pc isn't able to support the G.card? If that's the issue, it's no problem because I'm buying a new motherboard (DDR supported), 3ghz processor etc etc

What do you say? =/

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

no offence here but your rig must be scraping the min reqs(ram defo) for most games now.

only thing i can think is to make sure all your drivers are upto date and hope for the best.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what are the computer requirements for the game?

4. l2aw

l2aw Member

Requirements for the game

Minimum:
    500 mhz processor, 96mb ram, 16mb video card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/SE, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 800 mhz processor, 128mb ram, 32mb+ video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

What puzzles me is that the game was fine when played with my 5200. And now there are problems =/

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

than is a driver issue. check game site for patches, updates & faq in reference to that card.