1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Card Opinion

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Matt84, Dec 3, 2004.

1. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Ok, i need someone to answer this for me. I'm getting the 9200se(APG) and when i do get this, do i plig it into one of the PCI slots when i go to install it? The brown slot i have, my manual says its a CNR slot. Does this mean i will need a PCI graphics card instead of the APG?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if motherboard doesn't have an agp slot than you have to get a pci not pci/e or /x for your board

3. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

ddp,
    Will you pm me? This kinda confuses me. I want to show you the slots inside my pc. I'm just triing to get this straight because i may have gotten the wrong kind of card that my pc needs.

4. indienemo

indienemo Guest

ffs just tkae a picture of your motherboard with a webcam and post it here , well tell you the rest....

5. ddp

he's got 2 pci slots & a cnr/amr slot, no agp. looks like micro integrated atx board

6. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

I got "lucky" and ended up with PCI slots.
    Thanks ddp for your help!

7. ddp

no problem, teach & learn

8. indienemo

indienemo Guest

over and out.

9. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

first of all i am into this upgrading stuff
    dish out a geforce fx 5500 agp 8x for about $100
    and dont get the pentium 4's get the AMD 64 bit 3000+ processor with a NSI motherboard with a nforce 3 or 4 chipset and a 450 watt power supply thats all you need to get a almost state of the art system that you wont have to replace for about 3 or 4 years
    how do i know this because fuc**** Intel doesnt or cant make a working version of the 64 bit processor except maybe the server ones
    there u go intel officially sucks
    go and check out the benchmarks of the pentium 4 3.8 or the 4.0 GHZ EE processors vesrus the amd 64 bit processors youll know what i mean
    l8r folks

10. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Or for about $120 you could effectively get an 9800 PRO...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  11. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

no offense but Radeons are not the top of the line
    and yes you can get it for 100 at microcenter, last time i checked

12. ddp

they are both about par

13. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Ha, Ati kick nvidias ass, check out the benchmarks... Ati's best: the 850x against the 6800 Ultra... Ati is cheaper and faster...

14. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Not even close... I used to have a Geforce 5950 Fx...My bro has a 9800 Pro... you should have seen the difference... plus the Geforce 5950 Fx is better than the 5500 FX to start off with.

15. ddp

that is why i said "about par" not "exactly the same". each of us prefer one tpye over another type same as cpus. i preferred cyrix than amd til now & i am using p4 2.4c celeron with nvidia gforce2 400mx-64. but i'm not into gaming yet

16. indienemo

indienemo Guest

even saying "about par" is stil way to harsh on the radeon....it has 16 pixel pipelines , whereas the nvidia has 8 0r 12, it has almost double the memory core speed, and roughly 70% better core speed also, but if you dont play games of course you wouldnt be able to tell the difference, my server box has a Rage 6 16mb intergrated card and still performs well at basic server routines etc...

17. Doodlez

Doodlez Member

Hi there,

Plz excuse me for my ignorance here but here goes...
    I have a Dell 2.4 Ghz with 512 of Ram and it says that I have an Integrated Graphics Device running at 96Mb (I think). My quesion is ... do I have enough to run Doom 3 without too much problems and if not is it possible to upgrade this video? Even though it is intergrated within the motherboard (I think?)

Thanks so much in advance.

18. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

Well doodlez integrated graphic cards take a chunk out of your RAM meaning if you have for example 512 MB you have less now because you have an integrated graphics card
    And most of all from my experience with integrated graphic cards, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, ahhh hell they suck.
    So yeah get either a GeForce FX 5950 AGP 8X, it'll cost you though or one of the newest ones form the 6000 series
    Go to www.nvidia.com to check em out
    Or like Best Buy or Micro Center

19. Doodlez

Doodlez Member

Thanx for the quick reply ... I had a feeling the intergrated card wasn't as happy happy as they lead me to believe. Does this mean that it is possible to upgrade the video card within my machine even though the card is intergrated within the mother board? (I was told that I couldn't but I didn't really believe him)

Thanks again and I swear I'm getting less stupid with each reply!

20. ddp

check to see what slots on motherboard you have whether agp or pci before getting new card