1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics card problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by durkinjt, Oct 12, 2011.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

I am trying to install a new graphics card, an MSI 5770 Hawk into my Asus Essentio Cm 5675, i5Core, 8G 1T Hd, Windows 7 Home Premium. I was under the assumption it was plug & play. I installed it, added the Vga adapter and am getting no signal to my monitor. Ther is a power supply component that came with the unit, but as per some of the install videos I watched, it is for older models, and there are no slots for it. Am I missing a step? Any help greatly appreciated.
    Jim Durkin

2. Griff88

Griff88 Member

Your video card needs to be connected to the power supply, either via a 6 pin connector or an adapter.

3. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Would you or anyone on the board have a pic as to what this connection might look like, I have nothing that came with the kit that resembles any kind of a connection to the power supply, nor do I see any available adaptions in the power supply for any wiring?

4. Griff88

Griff88 Member

I took a look at your computer's specs. If I have the right model... then your computer has a 300 watt power supply.

300 watts is too low to run that 5770. Recommended minimum power for a 5770 is 450. You need to upgrade your power supply.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  5. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Thanks for all the help, a new power supply is on the way.

6. Griff88

Griff88 Member

Your welcome. The new power supply should have a cable, that has a 6 pin plug at one end... plug it into the video card, and you will be good to go.