1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gratitude

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by chaggy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi All
    Just like to say a huge thankyou to all of those people on here that have helped recently with various problems.Flashed imag successfully and very happymuch appreciated.

Charlie.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Well done mate, now you can share your experiences with others. Did you get the Commando 6 and service files to work ok or did you use something else?

EDIT:

Just saw your other post.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Yes used the commando6 that you sent me I think it may have been the sevice files because even though I used a nullmodem cable i still went in an changed the ip address an hey-presto started working.And just read your reply to the other post about the modulator.Thanks for that would order now but the seller is away untill 26 Jan.Do you know anywhere else that would sell local like currys/pcworld etc if not another internet site.

Kind Regards

Charlie.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  5. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate

Came home from work this evening and found that the box that I had flashed last night has lost all its channels and won't let me do another scan.Any ideas would be welcome i'm very disapointed not to say p*ssed off.

Charlie.

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

If you are in a NTL area there's a service outage.

7. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    I'm in a telewest area and have my box which I tried straight after my brothers box and this worked ok.I have a feeling that this commando6 image is a bit unstable because re-flashed and all working apart from the odd channel freezing and box not always responsive. Wondering whether I should try anothe Image.The problem is that the people that I got it from says its a 2x chipset but the only images I could get to work was 1x chip image.I already have sportster 2x image so is it possible for me to give it a try or is that a no-no just in case the box is 1x chipset.Iv'e don't remember how it works could you please remind me.

Charlie.

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I am using the Commando 6 image myself and find it very stable. If you flash the wrong image it will go to "KEIN SYSTEM" and just re-flash it. Sounds more like the box is faulty rather than the image. You might also need a booster for the cable going into the box as it needs a stronger signal than the official box.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13299084/DBox2_For_Technical_Guide.pdf

9. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Signal ok,noticed that only a couple of channels mainly 2 sports channels 1&3 freezing and sports news looks like its trying to scramble at times.Any idea's would be appreciated.

Charlie.

10. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Try the info on this thread; http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/457019

11. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Tried that but the box would not let me change the ucode with the remote and dont really understand the instructions.While I was on there I noticed that there wasn't a default gateway ordns server settings in network settings.Maybe this is the problem,What do you think.If that is the case do you know where I can find these settings so I can install them.Thanks for your time,if you see this on another thread I made a mistake so ignore that one.

Charlie.

12. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You can ignore those settings as they are for network and not needed. I'll look at mine tonight and see what I can find out.

13. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

as I wrote that website, let me know what you found confusing and I can ammend so its a bit straighforward to understand

14. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi
    Sorry mate didn't mean to disrespect you its me more than the article,I just couldn't work out whether this work had to be done hooked up to the pc or done through the remote thats all I didn't understand.Anyhow the good news is that I found the section on the box to change the ucode,before was on the section that tells you about the ucode.The ucode was set up for Nokia so I changed to 001A and did a re boot.Had it on for a few hours now an no sign of freezing,fingers crossed.It looks as though once again you have come up trumps,thanks very much.

Charlie

15. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Bad news im afraid after a while I turned on the sports channels and you guessed it freezing again.Think I might try another image.I dont suppose that you have a sporster pro x1 image that I can use have you,if not can you recommend where I can download from.Please can you reply either way.

Charlie.

16. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  17. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Successfully downloaded that image thanks for that.Unfortunately sports 1 & extra still freezing most channels ok.I noticed that on the ones that are freezing the SNR readings are (72),lower than the chanels that are working (87-98).Just co-incidence maybe or not.Im just wondering if this box is a 2x chipset instead of 1x and maybe when I was trying to flash those images my IP settings were wrong.How damaging is it to try and download a sportster 2x image on this box bearing in mind that the seller told me it was a 2x chipset not a one but whenever I tried to flash it wouldn't work maybe because of the IP settings.What do you think.

Charlie.

18. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

IFA doesn't have to know what the IP settings are, it uses it's own routine to get into the box otherwise it wouldn't flash. If you flash a wrong image the worst that would happen is "KEIN SYSTEM" and just re-flash.

19. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Thanks Mate
    Woke up this morning and turned the box on fron deep stand by.When it booted up noticed that the sports channels snr readings had increased to around 84 and are now working without freezing i'm very puzzled.Anyway I will leave the box on for a while and see if it deterioarates,will let you know my findings.

Charlie.

20. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Thanks Mate
    Woke up this morning and turned the box on fron deep stand by.When it booted up noticed that the sports channels snr readings had increased to around 84 and are now working without freezing i'm very puzzled.Anyway I will leave the box on for a while and see if it deteriorates,will let you know my findings.

Charlie.