1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Guidance!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Craic, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Craic

Craic Member

Just wanted to voice my thanks at the great guidance given by all the parties in this forum. Bought a Pioneer A06 last week after a week or so of checking out this site and downloaded DVDShrink and Burnatonce for software (why pay through the nose when they are free and work perfectly.....so far). Have backed up about 20 DVD's so far with no coasters. I don't know whether, a) I'm lucky or b) Did my research and got my questions answered before jumping in with both feet and getting lost like a newbie! I can't believe how easy DVDshrink makes it. Even if a dvd like Pulp Fiction throws a curveball, it only takes a bit of straightforward commonsense to work it out.

Thanks again. Great forum, great people!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Craic,
    Congratulations on your success! Are you burning on -R media? I like burnatonce but it won't burn to +R. It fooled me for a bit! How do you like your Pioneer A-06? Mine is excellent. :D
    Frank

3. koola

koola Guest

Its good to see that our advice is apreciated and people are succeeding at DVD.

Keep it up people :D

4. Craic

Craic Member

fasfrank,

yep, using -R. I'm a bit of a Pioneer freak! Use it in my car, standalone DVD player, surround sound system and TV (50" widescreen) although not for home audio (I go a little higher end for that). So was glad when everyone seemed to think the A06 was a good piece of kit.

Knowing my standalone (Pioneer DV 525 - multiregion, old, noisy but loved)and it's well recognized ability to play everything thrown at it (I suspect it would play a piece of toast if tried) I do not anticipate any problems with changing media. At the moment I am happy to stay with -R. When I complete my cimema room (woo hoo) in the basement next year, I'm going to make sure that a new standalone will play -R's.