1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Rap Songs

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rap4life

rap4life Guest

im just heared 2 pac's changes. i love this song
    now i im hearing hope by Twistan. both song r slow for both rappers but very good.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  2. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

Well 1st off, Dre is a given, he's got mad talent for producing/DJing and he isn't leaving the game anytime soon.

Afroman is WACK - period.

Em has great stuff huh? Like what?

Xzibit is cool...when he was in the group Alkaholiks, now that hes solo hes wack too.

Slick Rick, I like Slick Rick...but for arguments sake he's not really rap, more like funk w/ rhymes. However he does have some contemperaries, check out Dru Down or Yukmouth, they mention him often and much.

NWA...I was tired last night...so I'll add the tight shit now

NWA - Express yourself(Remix and Orig)
    NWA - Hello
    NWA - Str8 outta Compton
    NWA - F*ck Tha Police

Ice-T...well hes basically a toned down version of Too Short...I don't have any standing opinion of him as a rapper.

Ice Cube...duh? Ice Cube has flows man, once again I was too tired last night to compose a full list, but I'll throw in a couple

Ice Cube - It was a good day(Orig/Remix)
    Ice Cube - Bow Down
    Ice Cube - Check Yo Self(Remix)

At least I have Mac Dre? Dude YOU don't know Mac Dre if you haven't heard of E-40 or The Click. I wasn't trying to make a list of the top 10 people who get the most radio play or club beats. Hip hop/Rap is a huge variety of music, from funk/jazz samples, to electronic beat machines, to rock samples, everyone has their own style of music. With that said, I am not discounting your artists in any demeaning way, I'm simply saying that you can't say they're the shit if you haven't listened to more music. I have listened to a lot of music, that's why I made a comprehensive list. Don't knock the music til you listen to it.

Also here's a Xzibit song I guarentee you've never heard

Xzibit w/ Del, Casual - Three Emcees

Yes, women can rap. Check out Suga-T.

Please work on ur grammer...I can barely understand you. 2pac's Changes isn't really that slow...Get Ya Head Up is slow. Twista is cool...definatly unique style worth listening to.

3. rap4life

rap4life Guest

U havnt heard all of an afroman CD have u.
    about E-40 i know who he is but i dont have a CD i wish i did but i dont maybe get one soon.
    u made a good reson about not having NWA, i love it was a good day.
    lucky for me my fav Radio play mac dre because i never know who that was.
    Did u hear about the rapper that ppl say killed mac dre has been killed.

4. rap4life

rap4life Guest

A Kansas City, Missouri rapper probed in the killing of a San Francisco rapper was found dead on a Las Vegas construction site earlier this week.

The bodies of Fat Tone aka Anthony Watkins, 23, of Kansas City and Jermaine Akins, 22, were discovered by a security guard who noticed a car parked with its lights on in the construction site early Monday. One man was found in the car while the other was laid out on the ground near the vehicle.

advertisement
    According to the Clark County Coroner's Office, Fat Tone died of multiple gunshot wounds. The cause of Akins' death has yet to be determined. Kansas City police told The Kansas City Star that Tone was considered a person of interest in Andre Hicks' death, but was never called a suspect. Hicks aka Mac Dre, was killed in a drive-by shooting on Kansas City's U.S. 71 highway while he was being driven back to his hotel last November. Dre, 34, was in KC for a series of concerts and promotional appearances.

Word is Hicks' fans demanded a deadly retaliation on Hip-Hop web sites following his murder. Dre was the second California rapper shot and killed in Kansas City last year.

Fat Tone was wounded a year prior to Mac Dre's shooting when a gunman fired shots on a car transporting him and other performers from an interview at a Kansas City radio station.

In an unrelated incident, Tone and another unidentified man were charged with first-degree murder in connection to the shooting of a pregnant woman back in November 2002. According to authorities, the charges were dropped the following Spring when witnesses stopped cooperating.

Fat Tone previously recorded songs with Sacramento rapper C-Bo. Bo was recently featured in XXL Magazine's (July 2005) "The Jail Issue." Meanwhile, Mac Dre released over eight independent projects spanning from 1992 to 2000. The rapper collaborated with West Coast artists like B-Legit, Kokane, Warren G and JT The Bigga Figga.
    at
    http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=7121

5. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

Damn, no I didn't, thats good to hear though, Mac Dre should still be alive making good music. No I haven't heard all of an Afroman CD...I couldn't make it through the 1st 2 songs.

If you want, check out E-40's best of album...its definatly good.
    "Best of E-40: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow"

Older Mac Dre is definatly tight too

Check out these songs...

Mac Dre - I'm in Motion
    Mac Dre - Life's a Bitch
    Mac Dre - Too Hard for the F*ckin Radio

I'm in motion was recorded when he was in jail on bullsh*t charges, definatly worth checkin out.

Trust me, the list I made is a bunch of music REALLy worth listrening to. Check it out man

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I wonder how we can even listen to rap music nowadays. It's all bullsh*t. Every song is basically the same. I'm rich, I got 24" rims that don't stop spinning, I sell crack, I bang hoes, I'm no different from the other 1000 rappers out there. 98% of them don't live or have never lived the lives they proclaim in rap music.

The most useless rappers out there:
    Lil' Jon
    Sean Paul
    Jay-Z

The best rappers out there:
    2pac
    Biggie
    Nas (his newest CD sucked though)

7. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

Squizzle, that's an ignorant comment. If you haven't listened to rap in it's entirety, then don't make a ridiculous comment such as rap is all the same.

Here is a perfect example.

Aceyalone - 5 Feet

If you listen to that song, and still believe that all rap is the same...well I'm sorry for you.

No disrespect ment, of course.

8. rap4life

rap4life Guest

fat Tone got in the news 2 times.killing Mac dre and deing what a good rappers(lol). we all miss mac dre.
    i will check all them out. i only started listen to rap in 1999 and i got sick of all i got money by 2000 then i some old nwa came on and i was like dame. im 17 and love the old stuff
    If i hear lil jon tring to rap i will beat him anyone agree.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  9. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

No doubt, when I first started listening to rap again I was listening to Eazy-E, etc. But I happen to live in a very musically active area(SF Bay Area), so I hear a lot of the new, good stuff that usually evades mainstream rap. If your interested, I have tons of good music, I'd be happy to host some of it on my server.

10. rap4life

rap4life Guest

i would love that.
    were in Fresno we have no good rappers, every sunday night on b95 we have local rapper and one was talking S*** about Dr Dre how Dr dre didnt sing him. On b95 they are play mac dre fellin meself like crazy i will never get sick of that song its 50x better then 50 cent PIMP.

11. rap4life

rap4life Guest

i got this at
    http://www.sohh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517992

12. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I never even heard of Mac Dre till I went on this thread let alone new he was killed. So who do they thik it was. There are so many underground rappers out (not including mac dre as he was probably known to quite a few people) that arent exposed on MTV. I sometimes visit http://www.westcoast2k.net/ and listen to a few underground west coast artists.

13. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

http://69.57.150.70/westcoast2k.net/mm/wc2k/Messy_Marv_-_Get_On_My_Hype_(Remix)_(www.westcoast2k.net).wma

One of the tightest songs out right now.

Messy Marv w/ E-40, Keak Da Sneak, Dru Down, Richie Rich, etc....You can download by saving the link...its a 1 mb .wma file. I was able to convert it to mp3 using umm..some program...I forgot....anyway have fun.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  14. GrayArea

GrayArea Member

Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five - The Message

15. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Anyone reckon Young Malay (voice of CJ in GTA: San Andreas) will have a succesfull rap career.

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think the craziest thing I heard awhile ago was Houston ripping his eye out of his eye socket.I kinda wonder about some of the rappers that get real soft like Mase and others that want to become a preacher.Who would ever think a rapper would want to become a preacher,think how dumb that would be to go to church or something like that and hear a rapper lecture about gospel.Anyways back on subject,DragOn was pretty tight and I haven't heard anything from him in a very long time.He had a studdering problem,which might have got to him with publicity.EasyE was pretty tight back in the days,and E-40 has some crazy ass slang.It makes me laugh sometimes when he says crazy none sense,but still he can make some tight songs don't get me wrong.I agree with you squizzle Nas latest cd was garbage for real man,because he is getting real soft.Once a rapper gets enough money they start to get soft and not produce anything good.

17. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

18. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

E-40 does have some crazy ass slang...but it does mean something. If your not hearing what he's saying your not listening for the right things lol.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

remember rap is one letter away from crap. NO rap for me i never listened to it or will i ever. but iam 46 and white so to each his own. Led Zeppelin is the greatest band to ever walk the earth.

20. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

If you've never listened to it, how can you judge that it is crap? Are you ignorant or just prejudicial?

That aside, Led Zeppelin is alright, but I prefer Van Halen honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.