1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Rap Songs

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rap4life

rap4life Guest

Agree if u never listened to it how can you judge it. i listened to rock before it wasnt for me but do i say its crap.no. and rap is not only for black ppl but for everyone to injoy, and rock isnt only for white ppl.

2. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

Hrmm...I was thinking about the greats and I almost completly forgot about Del. I listed 1 of his songs in my list but I just remembered when I got into the underground scene he and one other were the ones who got me psyched about it. I would have to say that Del the Funky Homosapien and Andre Nickatina are definatly 2 of the greatest MC's out there.

I should also mention that Del is Ice Cube's cousin, but his style is COMPLETELY different. Better in my opinion...

Nickatina is from SF, every CD he's come out with has been tight in some way, his style changes a lot.

Download everything you can of theirs and listen to it. You'll see what I mean.

3. solargame

solargame Regular member

honestly, if im going to listen to rock its going to AT LEAST have a good beat with guitars and everything. ive heard that stairway to heaven song by led zeplinn is good, i listened to it and almost fell asleep. it had no beat, it was like the guy was talking for god sake. but rap has a purpose of the true struggle. rock has nearly no representation.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

rock, for the most part, is crap these days...Manson was right when he sang, "Rock! it's deader than dead!" As for me, i'm basically straight heavy/death/industrial metal now, with a little jazz and some classical music. i'll take slipknot or korn over any rap/country/rock any day.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah rap4life ive heard rap songs before and cant relate in anyway to it period like i said iam 46 and white and live in the county in indiana so theres NO chance i will ever listen to it at all. i dont know anyone thats my age thats likes rap .we are two completey different people and have different taste in music. but i do have an album you might like. its Bodycount an Ice-T project from like 1992 labeled hardcore/metal and its the one WITH Cop Killer on it, very rare and probably worth some bucks

6. keefs

keefs Guest

shit to me by goldie lookin chain is one worth checkin out if you aint heard it.

7. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

Yeah...but rap is universal, you just haven't heard the right person. Rap = influenced by every genre, therefore has a little of something for everyone.

And please, rap isn't garbage....techno and country is garbage.

8. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

hell no man... I can hear any shit from mozart to metallica, from busta rhymes to mana, from salsa to blues, even those pop gay bands, but man... no country music please... i can stand even the techno for a while (then after hearing the same beat dong dong dong dong dong for 10 minutes dong dong dong 15 minutes dong dong same thing, no change in melody at all of course you get sick of it)... that country shit is unbearable... i don't think you can name one decent country song...

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

old country isnt to bad BUT new country sucks bad the new country music = pop rock with a country twist so it def. sucks bad

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

techno is one of a few treatments for those of us with bass addictions around here...me needs m'bass!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  11. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

very true auslander, very true. Bass n Techno are the sh!t :)

12. Tekk415

Tekk415 Member

yeah but techno is wack. Rap bass is much more fufilling

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

wack...god, some things just don't die. i'm not out to insult you, tekk...just a mini-mini-mini-rant there.

we all like what we like...i hate rap. i've heard all kinds from all artists, and personally i wish that it had never evolved past heavy drums being beat while the frenzied dancing of natives went on and on in Africa. rap may have a few good beats (that's a given with all music genres), but the lyrics behind rap, and thus the messages, i find rather pathetic. in my opinion, rap is the kind of thing i'd scrape off my musical shoes after a walk through a cow pasture. but i'm not calling it "wack." i value your opinion and don't want to antagonize you.

14. rap4life

rap4life Guest

Who kill bigie and 2pac.
    i heard that 2 pac was leving the row( to Def Jam or something). Knight couldnt let this happen so he paid a Cali gansta to kill 2 pac (the # 1 suspect was killed like months later gang shooting). row had gang and cops with them i heard. knight and 2 pac were chout on camra kicking someone. Knight couldnt kill 2 pac with time he had but a phone call at a toll phone could have token 30 sec-1 min. and buy doing this he could have been hoping that a 2 pac fan might blame biggie and kill him. kill 2 birds with one stone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2005
  15. solargame

solargame Regular member

hey rap for life, where do you live cuase you act like your all gangsta, but you[bold]probably are not[/bold]. im not saying your a loser, im just asking where you live or are you being a poser. remember this is nothing personal buddy.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

he's as "gangster" as you are, solargame; no worries :)

"poser"...argh...no offense to anyone, but the youth culture of today (that i'm currently part of) really is starting to depress and even sicken me. why does everyone want to appear un-educated and overly-aggressive? where's the humanity? why is it all "bling" and show off...to win "bitches"? If one doesn't respect women enough to not call them that, then why bother to show off at all? i guess i just don't get it...what's the point of romanticising lives that are in reality...shit? everyone wants to be a thug, wants to talk about how rough their lives are, wants to seem like a big tough mutha-f***a...but they just come off looking like the classic dope. to quote a flash movie on teh end of the world (seems fitting), "WTF, mate?"

17. rap4life

rap4life Guest

i live in Fresno Ca. im not a gangsta i never said that.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

re-reading my post, i guess i should just say that this is the end of the thread for me. no matter what i say here, it's gonna sound like i'm out to insult the rap fans; i'm not trying to get anyone's goat. so now, i bow out :)

19. solargame

solargame Regular member

awe come on auslander, your pretty cool. people respect the opinions of senior members for some reason. but what [bold]YOU[/bold] say is all the truth.

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i say the truth? lol, when i first read taht, i thought it was sarcasm...okay, you've won me back for maybe one post. there's one rap song i like...i think it's "Without Me" or something like that from Eminem...the only reason i like it is cuz i saw the music video (still have it on my compie) and it's a hell of a parody. yes, i like comedy music. for me, that song isn't rap but a typical funny parody. nothin's funnier than elvis crapping a sub-sandwich and eating it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.