1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

great rock songs.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by clouser, May 26, 2005.

1. porkroll

porkroll Guest

What is everyone's pheeling on the band "Phish"? I used to be a bid phan. I didn't phollow them or anything, but I did have a hell of a time at the concerts I went to. That was a show and a half.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just noticed this thread, just saw a name of a band i haven't listened to in over 10yrs - Testament. I like a bit of everything (even Pop, Trance etc etc). But i love digging out the old stuff. At the moment i'm having a Faith no More revival. Fond memories of my first few years at work, then going out boozing with music like this in the pubs (and in the charts too). Ahhh memories.

The trouble with me is i love so much diverse music that i have way too much stuff, so i can go years without playing stuff. I'm not so keen on many of the newer 'loud' bands myself, a bit old fashioned. For me to list all my fave great rock songs would take forever so i'll just say Faith No More - Epic & Falling to Pieces for now..

3. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

Had you ever heard of spineshack? There rock songs are awsome. My favorite song from that is new disease.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ive only heard of 2. that one and Synthetic. Synthetic is awesome

5. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

I Never heard of Synthetic

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yerah Creaky Testament is a great band John Bush on lead vocals whails ,check him out to on the Anthrax album White Noise ,1992 one of anthrax best albums

7. solargame

solargame Regular member

STitch221, youve only heard one spineshank song and it was a part of the song which you saw on a flash cartoon on [bold]SONIC THE ASSCRACK[/bold] and you told me that you dont like sonic anymore.
    POSEr

8. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

Danzig-all
    Mushroomhead-Superbuick album
    Prong-Cleansing,Rude Awakening
    Kataklysm-Serenity in Fire
    Slayer-Diabolous in Musica,South of Heaven
    pre-90's Metallica
    Alice in Chains-all

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Danzing LOL i was at there show on night and was up front and he pulled me up on stage to join in on the song Mother, pretty fu@#king cool. never will forget it

10. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

saw Danzig in '94,with Metallica and Suicidal Tendencies...Eerie Von,John Christ,Chuck Biscuits and Glenn never sounded better IMO

11. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

I dont like sonic anymore. I was only telling them that new disease
    is a great rock song. Its true that it is from "sonic vs mario" but that does not mean I like Sonic. I swear to god I dont play Sonic anymore.

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Anyone out there like Rush? There are only a handful of albums I can listen all the way through, and Moving Pictures is definately one of them.

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

listening to Led Zeppelin right now. Man those guys rock! I listen to quite a variety of music but lately I've been listening to a lot of classics, The Doors, Floyd, etc...

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yeah djscoop LOVE Rush ,2112 being my fav. album along with Farewell To Kings , Carress Of Steal and there first album without Neil Peart. one the best drummers to ever live along with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater which i think has surpassed Neil

15. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah their drummer is quite impressive, I saw them in concert about 2 years ago on their vapor trails tour and they blew me away. they were awesome in concert

16. porkroll

porkroll Guest

I would love to put Danny Carrey, drummer from Tool, and Neil Peart in one room with two sets and let them go at it. I'd bet that would be one of the greatest drum duos in history right there.

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

both great ,BUT Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater is the best drummer alive at this time

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Vinnie Paul from Pantera is another great drummer. Same with the drummer from Slipknot (don't know his name).

19. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

i personally like almost every song from slipkot and aslunder that pic you have in your sig that is a piece of lyrics fro a slipkont song isint it? vermillion maybe

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

very good. i borrowed that sig of Sasha from a guy on another forum after i noticed the lyrics as well. he'd had it for quite a while, but i was the first to notice. and now you are the first to notice here, i believe :) the lines fit excellently with the fantasy world i live in and try to never leave. imho, their best song is Wait and Bleed.