1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Light Flashing and DVD Rom is not ejecting

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by TheResult, Jan 29, 2008.

1. TheResult

TheResult Member

Hey I was at a thrift store yesterday and found a cheap xbox. The xbox would run normally except it would not read any games. I searched online and alot of people say that the laser could probably be dirty and one solution was opening up the dvd-rom drive and with a que-tip and some alcohol and clean the laser. this could've been my mistake but I did noticed a collection of dust in the drive.Before opening up the drive, it would eject and none of the lights would flash. after properly connecting the drive to the xbox, The xbox would start normally with no errors and I am able to be in the dashboard. However, when I press the eject button now the dvd-rom drive does not eject and the green light flash's constantly. I get no error's and I am still able to navigate around the dashboard. Did i reconnect the wires improperly? Do I have to replace the DVD-Rom Drive? Any help would be appreciated.

2. lindy41

lindy41 Guest

I've heard of this happening to somepeople and what possibly could be happening is that it is either jammed or somesort of magnetic thing is keeping it from ejecting..the green light flashing is meaning that it is trying to open but it can't and it keeps try to eject. Your best possible solution is to again take apart your xbox and mess with the drive.....Well you get what you pay for but you can purchase new drive's for your xbox for fairly cheap if all else fails...good luck

3. TheResult

TheResult Member

yeah that's what I ended up doing and the dvd-rom drive ejects as normal. now the problem is that is only reads half of my games. I think the previous owner was a gamer becuase of the many saved games on the drive so i imagine that the laser is going out. But thanks for the advice and i'll probaly just swapp out the drive.

4. lindy41

lindy41 Guest

Yea no prob..glad i could help

5. varnull

varnull Guest

6. lindy41

lindy41 Guest

Did you have any luck?????