1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

green screen when remote is used too quickly

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by gooner195, Sep 3, 2007.

1. gooner195

gooner195 Member

can anyone diagnose this symptom for me, I have three genuine boxes and have recentley noticed in epg mode if you scroll up and down the channel list or press the info button when in epg the screen goes lime green then switches off and on again then back to the first channel selected.It does'nt always happen it seems to depend on how fast you scroll through the channel list

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are these the Starview 1 versions or the Starview 2 called "The Box" version.

3. gooner195

gooner195 Member

Evening ! yeah their all star view 2's all perform perfectly 99% of the time but I have noticed in the last week or two this intermittent problem .The box switches its self off then back on again.Any ideas ?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I bet you have the latest firmware on them, it is just a firmware glitch on some boxes and there is supposiedly a fix coming out for this problem, wouldnt hold my breath though.

Have you tried a reflash on the problem boxes? I would do a factory reset before you reflashed them too.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

If you have the The Box with the new 4.51 or 4.50 software on them, this is a known issue with them, there is a new software upgrade to fix this, which will be out soon.

The green screen of death happens when you are in the EPG and if you are flicking through very quick, not all the time, but it happens. Just wait for the fix and then flash with the new software

6. gooner195

gooner195 Member

Thanks for the feedback guys ill give the reflash a go hope it works .I'd very much appreciate a "heads up" when that upgrade appears ,in the meantime ill take it easy with the remote.
    P.S. nice to see the Pool and the Gunners sitting pretty at the top for a while at least

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem. Hopefully it will be the same way at the end of the season :)