1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenish picture when playing dvds

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by funkshkin, Nov 28, 2007.

1. funkshkin

funkshkin Guest

Hi i couldn't find a similar question on the site but it may have been answered before.

I have a Samsung PS-50C7HD plasma tv which has a near perfect picture when watching normal tv and sky. The problem is all the dvds i play through it have a bluey greenish tinge to them. The dvd player is an lG LH-T550 and i'm starting to wonder if i missed a step during setup.

It is connected by scart via the sky digital box in series, so tv then the skybox then the dvd player.

Could anyone give me some advise on what might be causing the strange greening of the picture? I've tried going through the dvd player menu and tried all the aspect ratios and most of the other setting.

thanks

2. funkshkin

funkshkin Guest

any ideas?

3. Playr

Playr Regular member

First check that the video cable between the two is connected correctly. Then go into the video settings menu of the DVD player and ensure the output type matches that of your cable type (HDMI for HDMI, component for component, etc.) and verify all other video settings. Then if that doesn't work, read the DVD's owner's manual. These new dvd players are not simply plug and play. They HAVE to be configured and tweaked for optimal PQ. Good luck.