1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grrr...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ModNoob, Nov 4, 2003.

1. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

I still cant get my chip to work..it will always frag. I e-mailed system-mods.com and they said that it sounds like my dO point is not connected, however my green LED is on..doesnt that mean that it IS connected?
    Also anyone else who has had the executer 2.2 lite +, do your bank and protect switches wiggle around freely. My enable switch clicks firmly into place, however the other two just kinda float around in there.

2. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

If anyone knows anything I can do to fix this, I have tried scatching the dO, resetting my clock, re-adjusting the chip 500 million times, and I even soldered the chip on. Does anyone know if system-mods has a return policy?

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If you get the 3 reboots when your chip is connected then the D0 is correct.
    It's either a problem with the connection to the LPC or a bad bios or bad chip.
    You get the frag when you ground D0 and then the Xbox looks to the LPC for the bios and can't find it. It reboots a couple of times to try and find it and then does nothing.

RustyDog

4. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

Alrighty...there was a wasted $60...I think maybe ill just buy a solder chip. these pogo pins suck and are a major headache. any tips on what chip I should now get? I have a version 1.1 xbox. I have heard talk about the chamelion (sp?) but I am a little comfused on how it is diabled without a switch?

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

There are 2 ways to disable the Chameleon chip. Using the EvolutionX dash, when you edit the evox.ini file correctly, you can switch or flash banks on the chip and also reboot and disable the chip.
    Or if you solder the P&E wires you can disable it using the Eject button. First press the Power button and then right after press and hold in the Eject button before the Xbox starts to boot. This will bypass the chip and disable it.
    You can also install a switch on the D0 wire if you would rather have an external switch.

RustyDog

6. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

Hmm I already spent the money on the programmer so maybe I should just get the xecuter 2.2 lite. is this very difficult to solder? all i would have to do is solder the lpc points and the dO point correct?

7. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Send your faulty chip back and get it replaced from wherever you bought it from.
    No matter what chip you decide on I would recommend the Pin Header install. Most chips have this option and it will make upgrading the chip in the future as easy as unplugging one chip from the pins and plugging in the new one.
    I don't like the X2 chips wiring harness because they use stranded wires and it make the D0 point a pain.

RustyDog

8. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

I cant send it back because I have had it over 7 days and I have also done some soldering on it, so system-mods will not take it back to replace it. And I would get the pins, but this is all starting to get very expensive.

9. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

Is there any way I can find a cable taht connects the switch to the modchip for an executer 2.2 lite +? My cable seems to have a crimp in it, maybe this is the reason for all of my troubles? or better yet does anyone have a switch for sale?

10. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

Anyone? please?

11. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Send me a pic of the swith and cable. I got one but it may be to a pro, not sure.
    RustyDog@get-modded.com

RustyDog