1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA san andreas mod. help needed

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by compelp, Jan 27, 2008.

1. compelp

compelp Member

hello guys,
    i wanted to add some car mod in GTA san andreas. but,i still have 1 problem. first of all let me tell u the steps that i took.
    1. opened gta3.img with IMG v 2 tools.
    2. deleted zr350.dff and zr350.txd (thats the files name that i m replacing).
    3. i added the new zr350.dff and zr350.txd files.
    4. i rebuild archive.
    5. i opened gta san andreas game.
    6. started new game.
    7. at loading screen it loaded about half way and it stopped there. computer was basically frozen. i had to manually turn off computer.

any idea whats wrong? btw i installed game from cd and haven't applied any patches ( just throwing it out there).

if i m doing somethiing wrong plz let me know i really want to try out this mods

2. reloadSE

reloadSE Regular member

What version of GTA:SA do you have. Version 2.0 doesnt allow for modding cars weapons etc., you just get a downgrader patch if you have 2.0.

3. compelp

compelp Member

i have version 1. i installed it right from the game dvd. no patches or anything else applied.

4. reloadSE

reloadSE Regular member

Well the only other thing i can thnk of is instead of manually installing cars into the game try out SAMI ( San Andreas Mod Installer) it works really good for me.

5. compelp

compelp Member

i tried that too. same problem. it might be my laptop.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  6. Wakash

Wakash Member

Instead of deleting the original .dff and .txd, try just replacing them, dont delete them apart from raplacing, i do that and works perfectly fine, also there is no need for rebuilding the archive once the mod has been replaced in the situation i just explained

7. compelp

compelp Member

ty for the advice. but, unfortunately it still gets stuck at middle of loading screen. i tried it before and i tried it again still same results.

8. reloadSE

reloadSE Regular member

Did you try deleting the gta.set file in my documents (i think?) and starting a new game.

9. compelp

compelp Member

yup i just tried that still same results =(

10. norsiden4

norsiden4 Member

i am trying to change the tags. how do i do it. i do it but when i load the game the tags come out with some lines and like 3/4 of my image. anyone know how to change the tags?

11. theguy71

theguy71 Member

i need help... i have the xbox version 2 gta san andreas. i have a mac so when i put it in the disc drive it reads it as a dvd. what do i need i know i need the downgrader thing but is there a thing that i need to open the game files with or somthing like that. i could really use the help thanks

12. Gnuggets

Gnuggets Member

Mines doing the same thing as his =/ i can mod the handling etc but as far as the dff file it will not alow me to change it it loads to about half way and freazes i have to manualy turn my computer off