1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guest zone on 2nd router giving me problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jerecho, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

I have a d-link DIR-655 wireless router that I use for my main router. It has an ip address of 192.168.1.1 and assigns all my devices ip addresses between 192.168.1.100-199

I have a second wifi router (Belkin) that I have connected to the d-link router via the LAN ports. It has an ip address of 192.168.2.1 and I have disabled DHCP on it. It has the exact same SSID and password as the d-link so my wifi devices connect seamlessly to whichever one has the strongest signal. Everything is working great with these conditions. Now here is the problem I'm having. When I go to make a guest zone (with a different SSID) on both routers I run into trouble. The first router (d-link) makes a guest zone and it works fine, but when I enable the guest zone on the second router (with the same SSID and password), if my devices connect to the second routers guest zone, the router will assign an ip address in the field of 192.168.2.1 even though I have DHCP disabled. Does anyone know why this is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.