1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE - DVD Lab Pro

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Hazey, Apr 16, 2006.

1. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

DVDlab pro don't open avi files, the file have to be mpeg2 or vob.
    don't try to create your dvd movie directly from avi file cuz it's gonna take the same time if you create your mpeg2 manually on a program that is made for that like mainconcept or tmpeg encoder

2. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Hey, what if i want to add theme music on the main menu? also, what if u want to make more advance menus? like 1 with play all and episodes, and then a separate menu for episodes?

3. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

dvdlab pro do everyhting, even motion menus. Wherever your imagination goes, dvdlab pro can always do it for you.

4. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

this guide only explains how to link the movies to the text in 1 menu, how do i do it if i want to have a main menu and a separate menu for episodes?

5. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

this guide here is made by hazey, it's not the original guide for the program. the original guide is 220 pages and explain evey detail you want to know. anyways if you want to create another menu, all what you have to do is:

1) right click on the menu in project and add menu how many you want.
    2)create a button or link from the first menu to the second menu, for example write "chapters" in the main menu, and from chapters create a link to the second menu, what you have to do is right click on the chapters..link...menu 2.

NB) don't forget to create another link from menu 2 to main menu if you want to return back.

6. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

how do i add theme music to the main menu?

7. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

ok i linked the "episode" text on the main menu to the 2nd menu , now do i put the movies into their respective titles on the 2nd page? and how do i get the "play all" text on the main menu to play all of the episodes at once.

8. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

no u don't have to put the movies for each episode. after u make the chapters, you link each one to her episode. the play all button should be always the first chapter to play the movie from the beginning.

9. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Please stay on for a little bit, do u have a instant messenger?, im trying to figure this out.

Heres what ive done so far:

I imported my assets
    I moved 4 episodes into 4 movie boxes with their corresponding audio files

I made a main menu witha title, play all, and episodes options

I made a sub menu with a title(episodes), the titles of the 4 episodes, and a main menu option ( to take me back to the main menu)

I then did like u said and linked the episodes option( on the main menu) to menu 2

I then dragged each movie into each respective title.

Now what am i missing and what do i do next.

Thanks again.

EDIT, THEN I JUST LINKED THE MAIN MENU OPTION ON THE SUB MENU BACK TO THE FIRST MENU.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  10. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

hey, came looking for answers...I'm working with Mediachance Menu Studio and trying to import my menu into DVD-Lab Pro...having problems here..it doesn't want to import the adobe .pd? file ..I exported my menu genericly...since I didn't have any of the listed programs to export to...i.e. ReelDVD, Pinn Impressions, DvDit, etc.....so how do I add a music file to the menu? and am I going to have to use Adobe Encore...it doesn't want me to add audio to the menu either.

11. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Well hopefully i can get it figured out and then ill try and help u.

12. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

G dizzle send me your mail to send you the guide of the program, it's 220 pages and you can learn on the program how much you need.

13. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Here is where i am so far.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  14. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Man i really want to figure this out, i really think im all right, except for the play all button, someone please recheck my work and see if i didnt anything wrong.

15. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

well yes you did something wrong G-Dizzle.

first you have 4 movies and not just 1. When you have more than 1 movie there is no way to play them all without having a "small cut or pause" between them. that's mean yes you can press on 1 just button and play them all, 1 after 1, but you gonna have small cut between each movie. my suggestions are:

if you wanna use 4 movies without joining them, u have to put in (connections) the root of movie 1 to the movie 2, and the root of the movie 2 to the movie 3, and the root of the movie 3 to the fourth 1, and the 4th movie you put his root to the main menu.

in this way when your dvd player finish the first movie, he go directly to the second movie etc. but but but, you gonna have this small pause between each movie (like 0.5 sec)

the best idea and the professional one is to join your movies in 1 big file, like that you won't have the small pause between each movie.

to join you can use program like mainconcept or tmpeg.

more questions??

16. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

I dont mind the pause, ill test it out once i finish.

But as is, did i do everything right? except for the play all button?

And if i did

can u please tell me step by step how to root all of them together to play under the play all option?

And, if i do that, will i still be able to view them separatly from the episodes option?

17. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

from what i see in your connections, yes everyhting seems to be right. if you don't mind about the pause between each movie, like i said you have to send the end of the movie 1 to the movie 2 etc.
    to do that you go into connections and you press on the + icon under the fleche. than you select the arrow of the movie 1 and you send it to the movie 2 and the arrow of the movie 2 you send it to the movie 3 and the arrow of the movie 3 you send it to the movie 4, funny eh??

but the arrow of the movie 4 send it to the main menu, like that when your movie is done, it returns directly to the main menu

tell me if you have more problems

18. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Ok, I did as you said, You make everything so easy lol, anyway, now, how do i have all those episodes play consecutivley when i click the play all button or will they do that now that i linked them to the main menu?

heres the cap

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  19. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

i didn't understand well your question G-Dizzle.

but the way i told you to do it, to link movie 1 to movie 2, etc, in this way, yes when you press play all button, it starts with movie 1 and finish with movie 4. this have nothing to do with your chapters and your episodes. the episodes still working fine, each epidose have a link

20. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

I only asked because simply linking the 4 movies to the main menu didnt( in my mind) link it to the play all button