1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE - DVD Lab Pro

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Hazey, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

Ok newtechie, Ive got one part of this thing done, (one movie with menues and scenes works fine) but what I want to do is 2 movies on one dvd at least. I figure if I repeat what I did per movie I may get to my objective, I like the menues and scenes feature of DVDLab. Im going to continue working with this thing, it seems challenging but it wouldnt be fun if it were easy. fa now back to the lab. Thanks again...

2. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

Nice image G Dizzle I almost had to put on my shades lol dats nice ya heard!

3. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

if u have the mpeg2 files why you wanna bring the vts files??
    just open the mpeg2 files in the assets than he ask you for demultuplixing so say yes, so he convert the mpeg2 files into 1 video and 1 audio, mpv and mpa. if you have 2 files you'll have 2 audio and 2 video

4. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

I figured I needed more files from the set because I was getting an error message in dvdlab saying something related to a vts file missing, but maybe my problem was ,I didnt make a second vts in the projects window for my second movie. Originally I was trying to put 2 movies on 1 dvd.( so I had 2 different movies in the assets window I think each movie would need its own vts set no???

5. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

no you don't need 2 vts if you have 2 movies. usually vts mode in dvdlab pro is made if the 2 movies are different, that's mean 1 wide and 1 full screen, in that way you need 2 vts. if the movies have the same format you can open them in 1 vts

6. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

Ok here it is exactly, I have 2 separate movies, two different VIDEO_TS
    folders, one contains 1 vob in 4:3 and the other with 2 vobs in 16:9. (3 movie files total. Hope this was clear. THanx much for the feedback

7. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

dvdlab pro work with mpeg2 files and vob files, that's mean you can open the vob files directly in the assets without converting to mpeg2. the first file 4:3 have to be open alone in 1 vts and the 2 other files have to be opened alone together in another vts cause the 3 files don't have have the same format. i never tried it before but i saw it in the guide and it should work.

8. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

OK Coooooooooooool All that your saying coinsides with something I read also. Ill try it tomorrow, Thanks much PalToNTSC for Da info.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2006
  9. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

Guys, how do i add a cool button to my menus?

10. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

Ok I got it to work! I had to make a multiple VTS project and kept it simple without menus. I made some links through the connections window and was able to put 2 movies on 1 dvd (how I did it I really dont know) at least not enough to instruct someone else. Im gonna continue with it . Thanks to all who lent me a hand on this subject Much appreciations ya heard!!!

11. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

12. dnAn

dnAn Guest

'cause i'm a litle bit hasty:p and so i haven't read the other pages...pls if someone knows how to import subs in dvdlab pro and in what format they have to be, pls reply ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  13. McNA5TY

McNA5TY Member

Hi I'm sort of new to this, but maybe you can help me out. I'm trying to author an MPEG2 file that happens to be 29.970 fps and 640x576 (although it appears more 640x288). I tried to just throw it in DVD Lab Pro (as NTSC...bad idea) and burned with some warnings (I had "Accept non-DVD sizes" checked). It looks fine on a computer but when I play on my standalone Philips DVP-642 the picture has a big bar on the right and huge macro-blocking on the bottom. I burned again as a PAL with same settings checked and the picture has a very large bar at the top and is cropped to some extent at the bottom. Also I had my aspect ratio set at 4:3 for both projects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

if your tv system is ntsc, make the movie 720x480
    if your tv system is pal make it 720x576 in a program like mainconcept or you gonna have always the same problem

15. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

problem solved. I was trying to put 2 different movies under the same VTS. I was suppose to put them under different VTS's .. Thanks for all suggestions in this matter.

16. dnAn

dnAn Guest

will someone help me? :(

17. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

sorry I dont know how to import subs Id like to know as well

18. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

to import subtitles in dvdlab pro:

click on subtitles or sub 1 in movie 1 for example, a new window will open where you can write your susbtitles. if you want to import them so just click on import and you'll see what format should be.

i never use it, cuz i don't need it yet in my projects

cheers

19. Hittz26

Hittz26 Guest

Thanx PaltoNtsc for the response, Ill give it a try when its needed

20. Myrrht

Myrrht Member

Nice guide. Longish but very clear and easy to follow, sure beats the endless manual that came with the program. Thanks. Now if there were only something similar for Titlewriter.