1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide - DVD & Video 2 iPod (new)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Oct 15, 2005.

1. pptdgc

pptdgc Member

I have tried converting a number of DVD's to ipod format using DVD Decrypter then Vidoria, and with Im too DVD ripper platinum 4. When I do I can't seem to rip them without getting the directors commentary over the top of the video. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get round it? I have played about with the settings and either get no sound or the directors commentary.

Thanks

2. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

When you open up DVD Decrypter click on the tab 'Stream Processing' You'll then want to click on 'Enable Stream Processing' and choose the first audio option. Usually it will say 6ch next to it [for 6 channel] as most DVD's have surround sound now. Your iPod doesn't support surround sound but it will get converted to stereo by Videora. Hope this helps.

3. jrid06

jrid06 Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

jrid06 - what is all that?

5. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

An attempted google ad I believe, but since AfterDawn doesn't support HTML it shows up as that. Should probably be brought to a moderators attention...

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

jrid06, if you want to advertise than talk to the admin of this site!!

7. atczlcez

atczlcez Member

Hi, I have PQ DVD and have had success converting .avi to ipod. Something has happened so that now it converts but I get no audio. I have tried numerous settings and have waded thru this thread. Any help would be great, my ipod awaits MontyPython and the Holy Grail.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  8. scarlet13

scarlet13 Member

is it normal if the videora converter stays at 22%
    for a really long time?

9. pptdgc

pptdgc Member

Does anyone have any idea what the different settings in Vidoria mean. For example what is the difference between:

MPEG > CBR
    MPEG > F-QCBR
    MPEG > A-VBR
    MPEG > QC-VBR

H264 > CBR
    H264 > F-QVBR

Also with H264 it seems to let you change the aspect ratio but not with MPEG. Why would this be? How would I create a 16:9 MPEG?

Thanks

10. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

@Scarlet

The percentage complete for Videora isn't always right on, no one seems to be sure why it isn't always correct. You can tell how much is complete by looking at the processed box, it will have the seconds done [I think that is the right box] you can divide that by 60 to see how many minutes are complete [compare that to the length of the video] and you'll know how much is done.

@pptdgc

I'm sorry but I have no idea, hope someone else can help you.

11. atczlcez

atczlcez Member

Lethal, I'm hoping you could help me out. I use registered PQ DVD to Ipod. I have converted several avi. files that have run great on my 30Gb ipod. I tried to convert a DVD (Zorro) and got a message saying that I didn't have a DVD player installed(I do). I was told I didn't have the right codec, so I installed dvix codec. Now video records but no audio. It is frustrating, I didn't think that I had changed anything, so I'm wondering what happened.

12. mailliw_2

mailliw_2 Member

aight... look here... i tried everything u have goin on.. but.. when i get into videora... and i try to convert an IFO file... it doesnt do anything with it(it starts the conversion.. and in record time says complete and u dont see a thing).. and when i look at the folder where videora outputs all its files... its not there either

13. MNkrew

MNkrew Member

so was there any solution to the audio/visual part or not?

14. david_v91

david_v91 Member

hey guys, a quick help out for people that need help converting dvd's.

u will need a dvd ripper if u dont have one, look for a free one somewhere or buy one. u will also need a normal video converter like videora, pq dvd etc.

with the dvd ripper, open the dvd, choose ur settings and convert to VCD (mpeg1), once its all converted open the converted dvd with the video converting program and choose ur setting there, once its been converted to ipod, open with itunes, update ipod and ur done

15. kecmpc

kecmpc Member

I was reading this and the other DVD ripping forum thread, and seeing all these programs, I am wondering, are there some that are better than others? Which ones are you guys recommending and liking more than the other ones? I just downloaded the Cucusoft DVD trail, but I don't want to have to pay for it (which I think is bullcrap that we should have to pay again to be able to fully use our IPODS) unless it's the best available program.

Thanks,
    Dan

16. Lethal_B

There is always the free option of DVD Decrypter & Videora iPod converter..

17. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

videora works great 4 me ;-)

18. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

lethal,

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=234#234

Read that, the best converter/ripper for mac is now available for windows, and in my opinion works better than the other options, including videora and autogk.
    Let me know what you think bro, and excellent tut youve got here ;)

how bout checking this out too,
    http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodPort

"The alternative firmware Rockbox adds new features to the iPod. Such as support for .ogg, .flac along with support for updating files via drag and drop."

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  19. Lethal_B

Thanks a lot buddy, I'll give them a good look through.. Handbrake eh? Sounds like big news :)

20. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

I know this is a little off topic but for $30 you can buy cucusoft converter, its great! i loved it