1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide - DVD & Video 2 iPod (new)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I know you aren't advertising ;-)

I am aware of Xilisoft, and it is a good program, but in my humble opinion, PQDVD is more versatile and in general a better program.

Thanks for the heads-up, shinraboy.

Lethal

2. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Hi guys. I've searched the forum and haven't seen anyone mention Nero Recode 2 for video conversion to mp4 format. I just started experimenting yesterday and have successfully converted two .avi compressed videos that were previously not recognized by iTunes. If anyone else has had success or failure please, let's hear your stories.

3. jstin

jstin Guest

lol, ok, where's the 'start' button in Videora v.092?

DVD Encrypter created 3 files, I want the largest one (vob) to open in Videora right?

Thanks

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

click "transcode new video" to begin converting your vob file :)

5. eevol

eevol Guest

Excellent tutorial!
    I downloaded SPAM Suite from
    [advertising is not allowed in the forum - read the rules]
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/adprices.cfm

and it works great!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
  6. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

Please stop advertising your site in the forums!!

[edit]

@Lethal

Why is linking to the download of DVD Decrypter illegal?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006
  7. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

If I got a dvd in china for example and i have two language choices: english and chinese. how do i record it onto my ipod and make it play in english on my ipod?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2006
  8. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

It's illegal cause DVD decrypter does something illegal(breaking copyright protection).So giving a link to something illegal is illegal.(lol)

9. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

10. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

BTW, breaking copy protection is not illegal, the act of copying the actual material is the infraction. I know it's semantics but it makes a difference. For great info on DVD ripping and copying programs check the AD DVD forums.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Actually it's the other way around. The media corporations couldn't feasibly take away our long standing Fair Use Rights (the right to make a personal use backup of legally obtained media) so they did and end run by making the bypassing of copyright protection an illegal act and that's what we now know as the DMCA and it's European Union equivalents. DVD Decrypter bypasses copy protection and is therefore not legal for us to support anymore.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  12. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Sorry, my mistake. However, that is not the reason given at the link above for no longer providing DVD Decrypter.

13. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

OOPS! I just read the notices on the other DVD ripping software DL pages re: Jan 1st legislation , etc. Sorry Finland!

14. Nephilim

It's a bummer isn't it? It's sad to think an amazing country that has the proud distinction of thoroughly whipping the Soviets in a war has to bow to this EU bullcrap.

15. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

On 24th of November, 2005, Macrovision Europe contacted AfterDawn.com, notifying us that they have acquired full rights to the DVD Decrypter software and have changed its licensing terms. Effective immediately, they have decided to withdraw all distribution rights from all third party companies, including AfterDawn.com. Thus, distributing DVD Decrypter is now as illegal as it would be to distribute cracked copies of Windows operating system or pirated copies of games.

16. Nephilim

If you can't beat 'em then buy 'em!

17. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

LOL neph

18. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

Why will pq dvd only alow 6 miniutes or so of recording?? any video file no matter what format the program will say it is "complete" right around 6 minutes normally ?? WTH would cause this?? because of this all i have been able to transfer to my new ipod is music videos files because they are so short. why cant i convert bigger files??

19. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

The Pq trial version can only convert about 5-minite videos. If you want to convert more than that, you need to purchase the full version.

20. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

how do i know if i have the trial version or not?? i got the program from a friend and he said it was the full version, it never says trial or anything anywhere, so how do i find out?