1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Guide)How to use action replay max with launch elf fully explained and easy to use.(Guide)

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by bhee, Jan 25, 2007.

1. bhee

bhee Regular member

Hi everyone In this guide I will tell you how to use action replay max with launch elf
    What you need:
    Alcohol 120%
    1 blank cd
    An original copy of action replay max(I don’t tolerate piracy so you have to buy action replay max)

1.First you have to copy and paste the files from action replay max to your hard drive(It doesn’t matter if big dat 1 or 2 doesn’t copy there not needed)

2.Next download these files http://swapmagicfix.ps3news.com/ and download cd loader V7 BETA 5.2 Then extract these files into a folder DO NOT extract them into the same folder as your action replay max files are.

3. After you’ve extracted them open the folder you extracted them to and you should see 4 files, 2 of them are links and 2 of them are different’ you can delete the links if you want to but don’t delete the CDLv7b52 files now open one of the CDLv7b52 files and you should see these files
    SCEE_DD (folder)
    MSYSTEM
    SYSTEM
    Dummy.000
    PS2LOAD.ELF
    CDLOADER

4.Now copy and paste all of the files into your action replay max folder and because you all ready have a SYSTEM file in your action replay max folder, it should ask you do you want to overwrite(replace) it click yes.

5.Now open notepad and drag the MSYSTEM( in your action replay max folder) into note pad you should see this

\MENU 1\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 2\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 3\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 4\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 5\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 6\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 7\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 8\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 9\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
    \MENU 10\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1

Now change the top line to look like this

\MENU 1\cdrom0:\SLUS_200.90;1

(Change the SLUS_200.90 to whatever number and letters your action replay max is)
    So for example if you live in Europe your letters would be SLES so if yours was SLES_500.09 you would change the top line from this:

\MENU 1\cdrom0:\SLUS_200.90;1

To

\MENU 1\cdrom0:\SLES_500.09;1

(If you don’t understand just tell me)

6.Now make a image of them files(the action replay max files)(using Nero) and burn them using Alcohol 120% on ps2 settings or you could just burn the files with Nero without making a image of them(I would recommend making a image and burning , but its up to you)

Loading it:

Load launch elf and go on CONFIG and move the indicator to X and press O and now you will see a list go to MISC and press O and go on PS2DISC and press O, now move the indictor to OK then press O. Now press eject and (you should have your trigger disk in) and put in a original ps2 cdrom(DONT USE ACTINO REPLAY MAX AS A CD it does'nt work for some reason) then at the top of the screen it will say detecting disk and then it will say stop disk now do your swap trick method(slide tool or flip top, If your not shore what to do just check here : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/288331 ). Now you will come to a black and white screen now move the indicator to RESET IOP and press left until it says ALWAYS now it should say RESETIOPALWAYS.
    Now press X and you will come to a screen press O and the text will come in English now press X and you should now come to and list what says MENU 1MENU2 MENU3etc.. Now it should have action replay max at the top now make shore its flashing(so the indictor is on it) and press X if action replay max isn’t there go to MENU 1( MENU 1 should all ready be flashing) and press X. Either way you will come to action replay max now go on expert mode and select the codes and what game (its good to all ready have codes on your memory card using your original action replay max) ( you can add codes or a game if you want to) then press start game with your codes and when it says insure game disc is in DO NOT OPEN YOUR DISC TRAY just press X it will now load. It will take a few seconds to load but it will now you should be back at the black and white screen at the begging don’t change anything just press X and you will be at that Spanish screen now press O and it will show the text in English.

Now to load a DVD back-up with cheats press eject and put in a high TOC(TABLE OF CONTENT OR A BIG GAME DISC SIZE)then press X DONT SWAP ANYTHING and the it will say EA BOOTMETHOD or something when it says change disc and press X to play do your swap trick(slide tool or flip top) and change your original ps2 DVD game for your back-up and your game will now load.

Now to load a CD back-up with cheats you have to press eject and put in a original ps2 CD( DONT USE ACTION REPLAY MAX it does'nt work for some reason) then when it says change disc and press X to play do your swap trick( slide tool or flip top) and swap it for your ps2 cd back-up and press X to play.

I know this works with the fat ps2 to load a DVD back-up but I’m not shore if it works with a cd back-up(but you could try)

I’ve not tried this with a slim line ps2(because I don’t have one) but I think it will work

If you have a fat ps2 and you don’t want to spend money buying a flip top you could try this guide:

http://my.afterdawn.com/3dluis/blog_entry.cfm/81

This guide is 100% made by me but there’s no copy write protection or anything you can copy this guide edit or do anything to it

2. ATS

ATS Guest

can i burn it to dvd

3. bhee

bhee Regular member

you could try to but when you load it instead of using a ps2 cd you have to use a ps2 dvd

4. ATS

ATS Guest

i burnt it to a cd but launchelf couldn't load it. it said loading system.cnf then it fails

5. bhee

bhee Regular member

did u overwrite the system file with the cd loader one

6. ATS

ATS Guest

yes

7. ATS

ATS Guest

i got it to work but after i choose action replay it takes ages to load is it supposed to be like that.

i am using armaxevo uk

8. bhee

bhee Regular member

it might take a minute or 2 to load

9. juggy121

juggy121 Guest

hi there wen i download cdloader i ger 4 file 2links and 2 other files which are:-
    -CDLv7b52.BIN file
    -CDLv7b52.CUE file

in ur guide u said to open 1 of them and u shud hav 4 new files
    mine dont do that, it ask's me wa program do i want to chosse to open the files
    plzzz can u help me in tryin to send a saved file to ma ps2 memo card from a usb i hav action replay max

10. bhee

bhee Regular member

sorry i did'ny explain it properly you have to have winrar installed on your computer just google it and you'll find it

11. mnkyman

mnkyman Member

ok i am having a problem when i get to:
    5.Now open notepad and drag the MSYSTEM( in your action replay max folder) into note pad you should see this
    i am seeing this when i open MSYSTEM:
    \BETA 5V2 REBOOT\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD1.ELF;1
    \BETA 5V3 NO PN\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD2.ELF;1
    \BETA 3 SPLINTER CELL\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD3.ELF;1
    \CDLOADERVER7BETA1\cdrom0:\CDLOAD71.ELF;1
    \CDLOADERVER7BETA2\cdrom0:\CDLOAD72.ELF;1
    \CDLOADERVER7BETA3\cdrom0:\CDLOAD73.ELF;1
    \CDLOADERVER7BETA4\cdrom0:\CDLOAD74.ELF;1
    \CDLOADERVER7BETA5\cdrom0:\CDLOAD75.ELF;1
    \CDLOADERVER7BETA52\cdrom0:\CD7BET52.ELF;1
    so can i get some help please. did i do something wrong?
    i copied my AR disc to a file and downloaded the right cdloader i believe. so please help me.

12. bhee

bhee Regular member

the problem would be that you are not getting the right cd loader

13. sairay

sairay Member

Hi,

Sorry if i ask dump question but i really need help. I have an oder ARver2 and the disc is a bit scratch. I want to make a backup of ARver2 but when I try to copy the files into my HD, it shows error with some dat files and etc.

I was reading this thread and seem similar. Can someone help and explain what I should do ? I try 2 dvd writer but both also can't read thought i can see the files. I try copy disc and also image recorder but both also not working.

Pls help.

Thanx

14. bhee

bhee Regular member

il pm u sairey

15. unshure88

unshure88 Member

Hello, I am having trouble getting through the first step!
    When i unzip the cdloader v7 beta 5.2 it gives me a bin and a cue file....along with the weblinks.
    I've tried to open the bin and cue files...but cannot.
    I tried winzip....it wouldn't open them....HELP!

16. XeonX3

XeonX3 Member

Mount the .cue image to a virtual drive with Alcohol 120% and voila, the folder pops out with the respective files.