1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: Installing Exodus Add-On in KODI

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by King-K, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King-K

King-K Newbie

Exodus is an unofficial add-on for Kodi that pulls in streams for TV shows and movies. It has replaced Genesis, which had the same dev (Lambda). This is a simple step by step instruction on installing Exodus in Kodi if you haven't done it before.

DISCLAIMER: Exodus is an UNOFFICIAL add-on for Kodi. It is not developed by Kodi developers and no support is provided for it by them either. Do not bug Kodi developers with problems you encounter with Exodus!

This is a simple three step guide. It is based on KODI 16.0 Jarvis (but should work on slightly older versions too) running on Android 4.4 KitKat. You will need Kodi installed from either Google Play, or from KODI.TV, to follow the simple instructions.

The first step will be to add fusion.tvaddons.ag as a source to the File Manager. The second step then will be to install the Exodus Repository, before the third step of installing the Exodus Add-On iteself. So let's begin.

STEP ONE -- Add "Fusion" File Manager Source

[​IMG]

Go to the Home Screen in KODI and navigate across to SYSTEM. Underneath SYSTEM, open FILE MANAGER.

[​IMG]

In the dual-pane FILE MANAGER in Kodi, select the ADD SOURCE option on the left pane as shown above.

[​IMG]

The "Add Files Source" box will pop-up as shown above. Below "Enter the path or browser for media locations" select the field that shows <NONE> and press OK/Enter on your remote (or enter with connected keyboard etc.).

[​IMG]

An on-screen keypad will come up. Either use the keypad or a connected keyboard to enter EXACTLY http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and then highlight press the DONE key.

[​IMG]

Back on the "Add Files Source" box you can now move down to the empty field below "Enter a name for the media source". Enter the name "fusion" and then press the OK button to add the source to the file manager.

Now the source has been added to the File Manager so we can move on to install the Exodus Repository (which hosts the Exodus Add-On) to Kodi.

STEP TWO -- Install Exodus Repository in KODI

[​IMG]

Move all the way back out to the Home Screen in Kodi again. Once again, navigate to the right until you get to the SYSTEM options. This time, select and open SETTINGS as shown above.

[​IMG]

When the SETTINGS appear on the screen, select ADD-ONS and open.

[​IMG]

What we want to do now is install a ZIP file that contains the Exodus Repository. The ZIP File is hosted online at fusion.tvaddons.ag, which we previously added to the File Manager. So here, select and open the "Install from ZIP file" option.

[​IMG]

A bunch of possible sources now pop-up. Select the previously-added "fusion" source and open it.

[​IMG]

Select xbmc-repos.

[​IMG]

Select English.

[​IMG]

A bunch of available repo files will now show up. Scroll down until you come to the Exodus repo. In the above example it is "repository.exodus-1.0.0.zip", the version may have changed since this was written. Open it.

[​IMG]

If all went well, you will see a notification in the bottom-right corner of the screen saying "Exodus Repository. Add On Enabled" as shown above.

Now that the repository is installed in KODI, we can get the add-on itself.

STEP THREE - Install Exodus Add-On

[​IMG]

With the ADD-ONS settings page still open, this time select "Install from Repository" and open it.

[​IMG]

You will now get a list of Repositories installed in Kodi. Find and select the Exodus Repository as shown above and open it.

[​IMG]

Now select VIDEO add-ons and open.

[​IMG]

The Exodus add-on should now be listed, so select it and open it.

[​IMG]

Now a brief description of Exodus will pop-up including the version information. What you need to do here is simply select and click/tap Install.

Kodi will now download the Exodus add-on from the repository and install it, once again showing the confirmation notification on screen when it is done. To use the add-on once installed, go back to the HOME SCREEN in Kodi, navigate to the VIDEO menu and then click Add-Ons underneath it. It should look similar to the screenshot below!

[​IMG]

Enjoy, but remember that the developer is not responsible for how you use Exodus, and neither am I or this forum.

TOP TIP: If you want much faster, much more stable streams (including High Definition), then consider setting up Real-Debrid with Exodus!

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions at all!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Melody1 likes this.
  2. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Thanks for the very interesting and step by step explanation.

3. King-K

King-K Newbie

You're welcome! It probably isn't of much use to familiar users but newer users might find it useful anyway, and it's something to point at. :)

Melody1 likes this.
  4. wardmeister

wardmeister Newbie

This where I'm stuck. My fusion icon is not red, but blue and when I select fusion nothing happens but an error message.
    Please help. I was given this box as a gift. I don't have a PC to plug it into and I am not tech savvy when it comes to these things.

5. King-K

King-K Newbie

Hi,

Hmm, I'm not sure why it would appear as blue if it entered correctly. However, you may still have a way to get the Exodus repo, which is to download it in the browser on the box and then install the repo from the download directory on the box.

Here's roughly how you'd do that.

1 - Open the browser on the Android box.
    2 - Click this link - http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/xbmc-repos/english/repository.exodus-1.0.0.zip
    3 - Once it has downloaded to your box, open Kodi.
    4 - In Kodi, go to SYSTEM - ADD-ONS - INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE
    5 - Navigate to: Root Filesystem -> SDCARD -> Download
    6 - Select the Exodus Zip file that was downloaded.
    7 - Go back to the main guide and follow from: STEP THREE - Install Exodus Add-On

Did that work?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Melody1 and dRD like this.
  6. wardmeister

wardmeister Newbie

Cheers for the reply. I managed to get all the way up to the part where I have to install Exodus it says "downloading 3%" and then a message appears in the bottom corner which reads "Exodus failed to install a dependency"
    I'm stuck again lol

7. King-K

King-K Newbie

Hm, probably couldn't install the URLResolver or something. Tell me, what version of Android is on the box and what version of Kodi is it running? Is the box a few years old?

Also, are you connected via WiFi or ethernet cable!

Thanks!

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yes if fusion isnt red you are not connected to internet, come out of kodi and try youtube, search for anything if not connected it will tell you, also if you havent typed fusions url in correctly it wont be red

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

once fusion is installed it pulls down exodus and more addons anyway

Melody1 likes this.
  10. wardmeister

wardmeister Newbie

I got it sorted last night. There was an add-on installer on the box which did it for me basically.

The box is a kitkat 4.4 and the kodi version is 16.0 Jarvis so I know it's up to date

Thanks though

11. glyntamly

glyntamly Member

Thanks for that step by step guide king-k,even i managed it,which says a lot:):).

12. DonaldSilver

DonaldSilver Member

I've been using Kodi for three years. And believe me, it has been one hell of a ride for me like every other Kodi user. The reason is that for so long we've been using online streaming and Kodi often hunts and take down third-party Kodi addons. But one way or another these addons have successfully managed themselves to come back and entertain the audience. Fairly Simply, I am one of the huge fans of Exodus Kodi. Not just because it has been the best Kodi addons like the others and I want to become a wannabe fan. But It updates the list constantly and gives the best content without any buffering or lagging. The layout is smooth, the videos are smooth and IPTV streaming is amazing. Now since, v17.6 is in the news and v18 is also available, you can try it out to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.