1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide on Copying Songs from iPod BACK to your computer

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

No worries. Welcome to the forums :)

2. finn25

finn25 Member

Great guide!

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

4. ctkillerz

ctkillerz Guest

or just get EphPod
    google it

5. danbooky

danbooky Member

Lethal B,
    is there any software like this which support the Video also?
    Thanks

6. c.trigger

c.trigger Member

7. lilazn7

lilazn7 Member

Is there a program that lets you save the ratings as well as the songs? I can't be bothered back-upping all my songs as well as doing ratings again..

I only found one and it was shareware... Im cheap... so no...
    any freeware?

Thanks in advance,

lilazn7

8. c.trigger

c.trigger Member

if you back up the itunes .xml file that should contane that sort of information

9. lilazn7

lilazn7 Member

Thanks, I'll try it later

lilazn7

10. zsumsion

zsumsion Member

Hi there. In attempting to copy songs from my old iPod to my new iPod (which are not on my iTunes), I saved the songs to my computer, and then attempted to drag and drop them to my iPod bot through iTunes and through "My Computer"(I since have learned I should have imported). Now the songs show in my iPod, but will not play. They do not show up in iTunes at all, and if I try to delete them through "My Computer", they are back in there as soon as I disconnect and then reconnect the iPod.

This forum can easily walk me through the correct way to copy to iTunes, but in the meantime, I have lost nearly 4g off of my iPod for songs that won't play. How do I get them off if they won't show in iTunes!!!

Your help is much appreciated.

thanks,
    Zach

11. need_for2

need_for2 Guest

how do i do this with an i river player?

12. LewisF

LewisF Guest

Lethal,
    I think i have actually permanantly lost all my songs. SERIOUSLY. Anyway, i deleted my songs from my PC so i could regain alot of memory on my hard drive, but i didnt delete the songs from my ipod. The next day, iTunes manages to have reset itself meaning that there is no recognised link between the iTunes and the iPod and my library is empty. I hook up my iPod, add all the songs from my iPod into iTunes library. Happy. Until i add some new songs into iTunes and then try to update my iPod. To update i had to make anew link, causing iTunes to replace everything on my iPod with everything in the "new" iTunes. Problem, iTunes can't write the songs from my iPod onto my iPod, it has to delete from the iPod first and then add the new songs from the new iTunes. So, all the songs in my library cannot be found as they are not on my computer or my iPod, so they can't be written onto my iPod if they can't be found and now i'm left with an iPod with about 6 Podcasts on it.
    Please could you at least try and help me?!?
    Thanks, Lewis

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Would recommend backing all of your songs onto CD's or DVD's as the case may be, my wife lost all of her songs in the computer due to a hard disk corruption, still on the Ipod, but not on the Computer now, still trying to learn how to download songs into the computer again using Ephpod, will post back later with the results. Great guide by the way Lethal_B.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Ephpod was unable to open up the Ipod, so I tried using Sharepod, Sharepod worked awesomely. Learned from previous experience and burned all of the MP4 files onto a DVD and archived the disk. Thanks again for the help Lethal_B. Made the wife happy.

15. mh5445

mh5445 Guest

Once you copy the F00 F01 F02 folders to a folder on ur desktop, how do you get the music from those and into your Itunes music library???

16. hanamac

hanamac Guest

I read some of the replies to this thread but I am pretty sure my question was not answered, sorry if I am indeed repeating something.

I would like to plug my computer into a mac that has not been set up for manual manage of songs from ipod. Is this someting that is set up in the ipod or the computer?

I quess the question is if you set up your ipod to manual manage once, does it reamain that way no matter what computer you plug your ipod into?

any help is apreciated!

thanks.

17. RAEIS

RAEIS Member

After i copy and paste Sharepod.exe into my Ipod and run it i get the error message:

Run-Time Error '399':

Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invaild.

What should i do??

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  18. RAEIS

RAEIS Member

Ah i fixed it.

but the crap thing is i cant copy music (drag and drop etc) because it doesnt not support Ipod shuffle!! Other alternatives?

19. facai

facai Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
  20. badasschc

badasschc Member

i have an error poping up when i use sharepod. it says error '7' out of memory. what does this meean?