1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide on Copying Songs from iPod BACK to your computer

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Oct 30, 2005.

1. JONES129

JONES129 Member

I used iPodCopy by wideangle software. It works for the songs and video. Did not work for my calendar and contacts. Cost 19.99 us I believe. Go to their web site and check it out.

2. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I have a ipod which I cannot use on my itunes any longer because I updated itunes. is there anyway to see what songs are on the ipod via my computer. any program i can down load to do this. I just dont want to erase it and start all over!

3. david94

david94 Regular member

thanks for the program as i need to transfer some vdeos no my cousins computer. he wants some videos. f you want to get contacts all you have to do is make a contact or appiontment and save it find it and place them ( vcf contact into contact folder in ipod and ical
    calenders into calenders folder) open t up in ipod

4. slowie

slowie Guest

Thanks for your guide :)

But have you tried Xilisoft iPod Rip, and it can also copy songs and movies from iPod to PC, besides, it can transfer files from iPod to iTunes, iPod to iPod, iPod to iPhone, iPhone to iPod, iPhone to PC, iPhone to iTunes.

5. rjbrown

rjbrown Member

hey i just got ipod wizard today and i dont understand it! i really need some help making my ipod look nice and cool because i am giving my friend my old ipod and he is very sick and i want it to look very good and snazy for him when he gets it because he needs a cheering up!
    now i know nothing about how to use ipod wizard so explain each step clear, thanks, i just want someone to look at the ipod and be like.. wow!

6. JONES129

JONES129 Member

7. thebigO

thebigO Member

another good program (that I think is only for macs) is Senuti (itunes backwards). It is completely free, and pretty straight forward.

8. ste0087

ste0087 Member

you don't need any software you can just plug in your ipod enable disk use and then go to my computer click on your ipod drive mine is E go into Ipod_control and copy your music folder to your hard drive and then make it not hidden (properties uncheck hidden)open Itunes File add folder to library then your done.

9. david94

david94 Regular member

sorry,
    im afraid it wont work as easy as that.i have also tried doing this
    not long ago but it never found it and i id what you did and more and nothing happened

10. MHAudio

MHAudio Member

Hey guys does anyone know the best solution to playing your ipod in the car. I've been looking at then itrip auto. It uses an FM transmitter and can also keep your ipod charged. It seems like the best buy after looking at all the options. What do you guys think?

11. ste0087

ste0087 Member

my brother has belkin and he has never had a problem with it and it does recharge his ipod
    But if the itrip is cheaper go with that also try to google the itrip and see if anyone has had a problem with it.
    hope this helped

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  12. ste0087

ste0087 Member

It worked with my old 4gig mini and it also worked with an ipod 80gig 5 generation

ps did the music folder from your ipod go onto your hard drive or did it not work at all

13. david94

david94 Regular member

it went from my ipod to hd but the hidden folder on my ipod was shown and i copied my music from there and i did all that but it didnt show up in my ipod and search the whole ipod for it

14. MHAudio

MHAudio Member

The itrip auto ended up working fine. Now, when I bought this thing I knew the quality of the music would be less than par being that it is being sent through an FM transmitter. I attempted it because I needed some convenience with my cd collection. I can't deal with the radio quality so I'm probably going to take the ipod back and keep enjoying cd quality music.

It basically sculpts out most of the bottom end when its ran through the FM transmitter. Even if you adjust your EQ settings within your ipod and add some low end, It basically just adds a very muddy bottom end to a mix that sounds as if it has a high pass filter on it. Not my cup of tea.

The only solution to this issue I believe, is if I had a stereo setup in my car that had a 1/8 (mini) jack so I could simply just plug the damn thing straight in. hmmmm....

How do you guys feel? lol

15. goitalone

goitalone Member

"b) Go to 'My computer' and locate your iPod drive."

I only have one question for now. How can I find where my iPod drive is? I think I can figure the rest out but I can't find it...

16. radhey

radhey Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  17. lqb

lqb Member

this is probably really stupid but i cant find the ipod in the my computers folder, also does this work for ipod touch? if not is their anyway of getting music off the ipod touch onto the computer? thanks

18. david94

david94 Regular member

well if you have heard of ipodcopy then now they do touch copy for ipod touch and iphone

19. lqb

lqb Member

thanks, all sorted now

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  20. flakjfakl

flakjfakl Member

For information, many of these tools have have evolved pretty much since this article was written.
    For example, some of them, like CopyTrans, support songs, playlists, ratings, play count, last played, album artworks, videos, movies, TV shows, audiobooks and podcasts (incl. subscriptions) and imports all that to iTunes in their right order and categories.
    Plus, there's no stop between the copy of the iPod songs to the computer and their import to the iTunes library.
    It also features advanced renaming options and folder / sub-folder structure building.