1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars, or WoW

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by k2skatn, Sep 10, 2006.

1. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

Ok, I'm looking for a new PC game, and I am having trouble deciding World of Warcraft or Guild wars. What is your opinion on both these games, and why?

2. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

That's like asking which is better coke or pepsi lol...

It's hard to say wow is certainly the more popular game and is an all around great game.Guild wars has the better graphics and is also just as immersive as wow.

Most will say wow.

3. Xian

Xian Regular member

With Guild Wars, the obvious advantage is no monthly fee. It's a good game, but my complaint would be that it doesn't really feel like a MMORPG. Once you leave town you are in an instance with only with your party. WoW has instances too, but not for the most part there are people nearby.

WoW is also good. It seems like a much bigger world than GW with more to explore. It gets to be a grind though, killing monsters to raise in level to where you get more quests to kill more monsters with a higher level. I found the end game to be lacking too. Once you get your character up to high level the game isn't a casual thing that you can pick up for a brief period. A lot of the high level content is huge raid dungeons that takes hours to complete.

I don't think you would go wrong with either to be honest.

4. Sniping_G

Sniping_G Regular member

Also are u willing to pay 15$ a month??? thats whats good about guild wars 1 time fee , you cna easily waste 180$ just on wow cards and the game a year

5. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

id definetly say guild wars. i had heard of the game before, but never ever played it. i got a demo(14 days trial) with last months pcformat magazine & i was blown away. id never played a game online before. i liked it so much i went & bought guild wars & guild wars factions, with the guide books. i paid £10 for guild warsspecial edition & comes with code to unlock skills, music, & weapon & armor upgrades. factions cost £30. never played wow, but would reccommend guild wars. hope this helps :)

6. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

I had a 60 rogue on world of warcraft. I grinded my way to level 60 on 12 days of play time. Then I started doing the level 60 instances that took 6-8 hoours a night for 3 nights. It consumed my weekends and at my life up. This was just to get epic weapons. After going on about 25 of these raids and only having 3 items. I decided that this was the most boring thing I have ever done. I had to go on these long raids and just back stab mob after mob and listen in a chaotic 40 people raid party. People cried all the time and got pissed because they werent allowed to roll because they had just won something thing. I was just doing this to make my guy better at pvp. All this I did was for pvp. The better items you had the better you were at pvp for the most part. Sure some of it was skill but most of it was items. I stopped playiing short after. When someone mentions this game to me I just think about how boring it was. Not to mention how I would try and make items and there was always chinese farmers farming for stuff to put on the auction house no matter what time of the night/day I went to get these items. The game was the most frustrating 6 months of my life. Blizzard makes about 90 million a month off users paying or about 1 billion dollars a year and yet the servers still crashed all the time or lagged like crazy. I rather have game like guild wars where I dont have a designated time to be somewhere to go on this long ass raid and waste all this time. I like the games where you can just log in an hour then log out. Not 8 hours on the weekend. Not to mention if you didn't go it sometimes went against you. So ...I would say guild wars :)

7. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

Even though I havent played WoW, I have played both Diablo's, Starcraft, and Warcraft 1&3, so I can extrapulate a vague idea of what WoW is like and I've also played Guild Wars A LOT. And going from that I'd choose Guild Wars becuase you dont have to fight people for loot. The computer randomly designates all drops to party members. Also, in online games, the PVP is the fun part and the level 20 cap on Guild Wars means that it is easy to get your character to peak performance so you dont have to worry about someone 10-15 levels higher than you winning because he's got more attribute points or stronger armor.

8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I don't play either of those games anymore, but...

[​IMG]
    That should give you an idea of which one i liked best.

9. penner13

penner13 Guest

i just got wow and was pissed off u had to pay to go online, is there any way to go online free? links or names or adresses would be appriecieated

10. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

It's always a good idea to read the fine print on the box :)

11. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

wowstatus.net
    Private servers, google a guide, I'm to lazy to do it for you...

I have choosen Guild Wars, because Private Servers are wayyy to laggy

12. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

you can play on private servers (not nearly as good as public) or while Im not sure about the details, if you give someone a free trial with a code randomly generated for you and they use it and then start suscribing once the trial ends,0 you get a month free.

Id go with guild wars over WoW because Guild wars, while not as good as Wow, is an excellent game (I play it everyday), and I dont like the idea of paying a monthly fee

13. penner13

penner13 Guest

can two different computers play on the same wow account at the same time

14. bunta1570

bunta1570 Member

i would have to say guild wars no monthly fee rulez

oh and to answer your question penner13 no two different computers
    cant play on the same WoW account at the same time if someone
    is logged in and then you try to login it will just kick the other
    person off.