1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar Discussion!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by pepsimaxx, Feb 14, 2007.

1. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

Hey Afterdawners,

Im sure im not the only one who plays, come discuss your guitar, guitar software, gear, picks, strings, anything! say the type of your guitar.. stuff like that :) if ya want, even post a clip of you playing!

heres me playing (approx 2.5 meg file)
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=388819806.wav
    Thought id start off simple. my guitar sounds a little out of tune too... meh, whatever.

giver a shot guys!

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i have a flat-purple fender stratocaster running medium steel strings and a 30 year old acoustic Drifter running light steel strings.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Ive been playing guitar for a long time (I started to say how many years then you would think I was a old fart) I have an unsual way I set up my Guitars I love my Strats with a Floyd Rose and a Tremsetter but I love my Gibson Les Paul sound so on my Strats I use Humbuckers on my Gibsons I use a lock down behind the Nut with a Roller bridge with a T6 fine tuner I play out in bars all the time I take 6 guitars to a job 3 Strats one tune to open G 1/2 step down the outher 2 are tuned down 1/2 step, 2 Gibson Flying V's one is in drop D the outher is in DADADD one Les Paul for the AC/DC ZZTop stuff. I use 9-42 ernie ball reinforced strings they do not untwist at the ball end on the drop d the E-string is a 52 ok this just a start oh yea, full Marshall stack 9200 head, JMP1 preamp, Diditech FX and a old Cry Baby Wha

4. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

wow man, im a sucker for gibson, i have just a cheap accoustic right now,
    myguitar
    But using 6 guitars, wow.

I'd Love to get my hands on that Les Paul :p or the Flying V.

You drop D almost all of your strings, wow, i usually only drop my E to D, not all the rest too. hehe.

Haha, man, id love to hear you play, if you can record something and host it, that would be awesome rbrock! i used www.supload.com...

@Auslander

I love fenders too, the strats are mint. hah i cant wait till i get myself an electric :)

EDIT:
    Im using that Ashbury AG-100 right now, hah, medium strings.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, I'm a musician. Have been doing music realted things since about age 6. I can't play guitar persé, but am looking to learn when I get the spare time. It wouldn't be hard as I could teach myself.

I can play a bit of bass by tab, but not much. Playing by ear is easy, and I have the fingers for it; as I said, it's a time thing.

Hopefully, I'll get round to it soon. I do have an acoustic (can't remeber the make/model), which I mess on from time to time.

Love to hear a few of you play some stuff. :)

6. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

Well as you can tell by my member name, I have a Fender Fatstrat.

Here's a quick list:
    1-Fender Fatstrat White
    1-Fender Standard Strat Black
    1-Fender Squier Strat (80's Japan) Red
    1-Charvel Black
    1-Kramer Focus 2000 White
    1-Jackson Black

I use my Fatstrat and Standard Strat all of the time now. Back in the 80's I was into the heavy stuff useing my Kramer most of the time.
    I now use a TS-9 Tube Screamer, Boss Overdrive/Distortion, Boss Chorus Ensemble.

Strat

7. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

8. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

well thats good Ripper, if you ever want to pick up guitar, i know of some good software, PM me for more info.
    yes. me aswell would like to hear you gyus play :)

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i am i huge music fan but can't play a lick lol

one of my fav.guitar players at the moment is Joe Bonamassa you guys like him

10. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Thats a new one on me I'll try to find some his songs

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

his a blues guitarist

12. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You just threw Bare Rabbit in the briar patch !!

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I've got a Candy Apple Red Fender Strat (80's) and a Takamine acoustic a little Fender practice amp and a Digitech pedal. I've not played much in the last 2 or 3 years but I'll pick them back up eventually. In high school I got decent, played a little Satch and alot of Zeppelin and Pink Floyd...of coarse I've forgotten how to play most of that stuff now, so when I pick it back up I'll be relearning it all over again.

My family on my fathers side is very musical. My grandfather was on the first performers on the Grand Old Opry before it was televised. My father's band opened for Eric Clapton in the 70's and he was asked back out to jam for the encore. My uncle still plays today, mostly country and has played with Billy Ray Cyrus and Reba.

Between the two of them they have around 100 guitars...everything from PRS's to vintage gibson and fenders and every gadget/pedal/amp known to man. LOL

14. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

That is Cool! My be hay day was my Band opened up for Molly Hatchet/Blackfoot band. That was a lot of fun I ran sound for them after I played that was pretty easy everthing was wide open my ears rang for a week!

15. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

And I to have a Candy Apple Strat I left it in the trunk of my car after a gig it went down to like 5 below brought it in the house the next day open the case it frosted over a cracked like broken glass so I striped the pait and painted it black with Skull and Crossbones all over, I still play it to day, It is so damn heavy it hurts to play it for very long

16. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

@rbrock
    Didn't you say you had a Gibson Les Paul? Les Pauls are about two times heavier than a strat from my experiences. I played with a guy that played nothin but Les Pauls and I couldn't believe the difference between them and my strats. You have to be a trained weight lifter to play for 4 hours clubbing. LOL

But seriously, the Gibsons have the best action. Fat frets, the best sustain(glued on necks), but I love my strat tones better.

Strat

17. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

Oh just to add, try Jimmy Thackery. Good blues.

Strat

18. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

The Strat I have is a whopping 13 lbs. it is a True Fat Strat it makes a Les Paul feel light. When I show someone this guitar I have to watch their every move if I hand it too them they will almost drop it because they don't expect the weight! It also has a proto type locking nut that has a lever to release the the strings to tune and a Floyd Rose .

19. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

fatstrat I love my Strats but they don't have the sustain so different songs call for a certain guitar I love my dive bombs on my Strats and the sustain on my Paul, I also have a 1984 Flying V that is as Fat as a Les Paul that I installed a Floyd Rose and locking nut .Painted like Judas Priest Black & White just a little different.

20. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

I hear ya. For years I used a Boss Comp/Sustain pedal because when I played a "clean" solo, I felt I was fighting myself during the whole solo for sustain it was so damn choppy. But I finally woke up and got into tube screamers, Ibanez of course. Now I run my TS-9 before my Boss Overdrive/Distorion pedal so I can use clean or with distortion. The TS-9 is for a boost. If you notice, alot of the tele and strat players are into Tube Screamers. SRV for one.

Strat