1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h264 encode part 2 of troubles

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by leiongod, Oct 25, 2005.

1. shiroh

shiroh Guest

yes go read the documentation

//off topic
    http://psp-vault.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=220
    h264 hardware player, i want.

//back on topic

psp encoding.
    if you look hard enough (really it wasn't that hard)
    http://psp-vault.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=220

and if you look at the guide seection
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/encode_files_for_psp_nero_recode.cfm

ok, here is what i found out.
    nero recode already set up a profile for psp. but its not avc, i think. since psp supports avc, i think you're aiming for that. so we can scrap nero's profile.
    nero recode does sees matroska. but attempts to load mkv+h264+aac crashes it.

and what size are aiming for ?
    particularly how big of a memory stick you got.
    ssh ffviiac is 720x400, ac3.
    according to the first post of the ps2dev forum i posted, psp would might be able to play it back. its mod 16.
    you can cut it up using mkvtoolnix (mkvmerge gui), select size to split.
    psp supports mkv ? if not remux it to mp4
    use mp4box.
    and its gui http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=93927

as for the audio, psp support ac3 ? but its surround, you might want to convert and downmix with aac. i use foobar2000, or you might want to try besweet too.

if i remember correctly shs adds in the stereo audio, but not sure what format. if you can use it, then do so.

for video reencoding.
    if you want to use nero recode. than i think you need to use avisynth.
    install it. since 2.5.6 had a recall, just use 2.5.5 install it.
    then open up notepad and type

exchange (720,400) with the resolution size you want. i deally psp's screen res, or 320x176. that is

if you still can't figure it out.

not sure if cccp got matroska splitter, get Haali's if it doesn't.

load the .avs file into recode. just use standard avc profile or mobile. use 2 pass. encode.

if you want to use x264. get x264 vfw. load the .avs into virtualdub encode. remux to mp4.

or try doom9's MeGUI
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96032

if you buy me a psp. i'll encode my ffviiac R2 dvd just for you.
    i'm sure celtic_d would want too ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2005
  2. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

woahhhhhhhhh, thanks for all the links guys, and yuh i prob will be ages since i reply again, cos ill be reading all those links you gave me and all. btw i have a 1 gig mem stick 4 my psp, and with cccp, how can i tell if it has a matroska splitter, and also when i open up my FFAC in media player classic after installing cccp i get 2 icons appearing in my start panel bar, they are ffdshow video encoder and haali media splitter so does this indicate that there is a matroska splitter there or what.

also, what i was kinda thinking was, if you could make an mp4 out of FFAC.h264 which you can get from http://shinsen.b33r.net/ and then maybe you could send it to me at my e-mail perhaps maybe which is laguna205@gmail.com, i dunno just an idea. lol also you mentioned be-sweet, um yuh back on that note, thats why i wanted my movie to be in avi format, cos when you run avi2dvd, it does all that movie and sound encoding, thats why im kinda wondering why you keep on telling me to find all these diff sound encoders, ?? be sweet comes with avi2dvd, so this way if i could get this h264 into avi, i could load it up in avi2dvd and then sit back and watch be sweet and and the other encoders do there work.

also you mentioned waht size i want, now heres the strange thing, ffac.h264 which i dl from http://shinsen.b33r.net/ comes in 2 files, so is there also a way to convert this to psp and join the two files together as one movie file, and file size, well i sopose if i can get the two media files joined together and stuck on my 1 gig mem stick, i would say i would want a size as low as possible but not that low that the audio or video is bad, just low enough so the video and audio is still good enough to watch on psp.

i also heard you mention something about resizing the video resolution, some how i dont think i need to worry about that, cos in the past when i use avi2dvd, when i watch it on my psp, the size is to big for the psp, but that can be overcome, by just selecting video size on the psp from hitting the triangle buton, theres an option where you can choose fit to screen, normal size and other video size options, thus i dont think i really need to bothr with resizing the video resolutuon hey.

btw i'm pretty sure the psp screen size is 320x240.

oh i dl that prog called yamb 1.3.1 and ran it...pressed the add button and went to where my FFAC.h264 is but the file didn't display, i even chose every drop down list option and it still din display, whats up with this.

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

hey, could you demux the .ssa subs and zip it for me.

i suggest you reencode. take a look at that little guide i posted.
    use 320x176.

not sure if psp supports softsub. if not hardencode it.

textsub("C:\where.ssa")

you need vsfilter plugin

ok. you got the vorbis stereo, not sure if psp handles it. so reencode to aac. if psp handles supports mp3, you can use that too.
    get oggdrop
    http://www.rarewares.org/ogg.html

drag and drop to decode to wav. then reencode to aac/mp3 using your favourite encoder.

psp supports avi ?

well, wanna me to do it ? i'll think about it.
    at least when i get my HDD cleared.
    e-mail ? no. IRC maybe. torrent most propably.
    sending me that subs would help, i only got jasconius's
    rapidshare it. putfile/ wahtever. i don't use email

4. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

hi there sorry for taking so long to reply and all, i been away these few weeks, anyway i went to the link you told me http://www.rarewares.org/ogg.html adn dl oggdropXPd V.1.8.6 using libVorbis v1.1.1 i then converted my 2 .ogg audio files which i extracted from the two split video files (of Final Fantasy Advent Children) and used oggdropXPd V.1.8.6 to convert the 2 .oggs into wav.

now you said to me to then convert the wavs into aac using your fav audio encoder, well, i don have one, cos i norm just use avi2dvd which does all that work, but i made the effort anyway to google around and find a prog called AC3, AAC, OAG and OGG Machine pack which i found at http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_AAC_OAG_OGG_Machine.htm and it suprised me cos it's by you guys at doom9.org, so i was like woah, anyway i unzipped the contents of the rar and went to the folder called AacMachinev0.52 and opened up AacMachine and it came to a screen like this

[​IMG]

from here as you can see i have already added the locations of the besweet and besplit, but then when i click the button give me AAC, is starts up and all, and stops after the first encoding stage, and justs halts at a black cmd screen, im thinking it can't continue cos i need to give the location of the AacEnc.exe but i haven't any idea about that, do you guys know where i can dl that from ?? i also went to http://neroplugins.afterdawn.com/ and dl and installed the very first aac/mp4 which appears on that link.

also dude you wanted me to give you the subs, yuh well when i extracted them there not .ssa mine are .ass oh and psp do't support avi i think your think of avc, it supports mpeg 4 which i've heard and avc which i haven't heard of.

ok so once i eventually get the aac sound file what do i do with it then.

ok if you want the torrent 4 FFAC.h264 dl it from http://shinsen.b33r.net/

ok tell me what to do to send you those subs ok. and i hope to hear back from you soon on what to do with this aacmachine prog.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

no favourite encoder huh.

try headac3he.
    its foolproof ;)
    its faac though
    http://www.needfulthings.host.sk/tools/item.php?id=9

as in for nero's.
    just load the wav in nero wav editor and save as.
    there's other plugin for other encoder taht will point to nero dlls. but look for it yourself.

i know psp supports avc, not sure if it supports avi container.

i have Region 2 DVD, so i don't want to d/l

i'm sorry if i'm sending on a wild goose chase, really i don't know what i'm talking about ;)

if anybody knows this.
    for stereo audio.
    would it be better to downmix from the 5.1 ac3 or just use the readily supplied stereo ac3 and compressing it a little bit more ?

oh i think i should have pointed headac3he sooner.
    for you i think its better to downmix from the 1:1 copy of the 5.1 audio. cause the vorbis is comppressed so you will get a more superior audio. headac3he will downmix it for you.

6. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

hi there i used nero wave editor and converted the 2 audio files into .aac now what should i do with these files now, should i demux just the video using mkvextract and put the two togther in virtual dub or can you point me in some directions on what i should be doin with this a .aac audio file.

also i extracted the ac3 audio as well from both FFAC split movie files and when i opened them up and started converting them to aac in headAC3he which you gave me the link to, it appears so far that its not finishing off, the white bar goe as far as 3/4 full but wont go any further, so its like it died so i went to the task manager and it still says the app is running, also mebbe its just cos it hasnt fully finished but when i go to the folder where i chose the .aac audio to saved to the folder says its 1.19 gig in size so wth is going on why is it making this ac3 audio bigger when converting to aac.

please try to answer these Q's of mine please.

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well the idea I guess would be to mux the aac and h.264 video to an mp4. For this you can use mp4box/yamb.

Problem is that I am not even sure that the PSP supports aac audio.
    The video might use High Profile features (PSP supports main profile only I believe).
    The video might be the wrong resolution.
    The PSP as I understand it requires certain custom atoms in mp4 files and mp4box outputs 100% spec compliant files, so it probably wouldn't work. Not sure what other apps use for muxing though.

8. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

hi there i opened up yamb and when i went to open up my FFAC movie which says [Shinsen-Subs]_FFVII_-_Advent_Children_CD1_[H.264][3F01433E] it wouldn't even find the movie in yamb even if i went to the h264 option, so waht i did was open up mkvextract and selected just the video file to extract and when i selected the video file it asked me what dot extension i wanted to give the video file so i typed in h264 and demuxed that video file. I opened up yamb then i added my acc audio file, then i added my .srt subtitle file, and the h264 file then i hit demux, ok everything was going fine, it started muxing but then later on down the track i got a screen saying MP4box.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. So i was like wtf, so i closed it down and tried again and same thing happens it starts up fine when i press mux then later on down the track i get the same message. what is wrong here cna someone jhelp me out here.

whats also weird is that when i drag my h264 video whihc i extracted using mkvextract onto media player classic it wont even start up, i also clicked on something on MPC which brought me to this page which kinda explained why it wouldnt work, but i dont know waht it means, anyway heres the link http://gabest.org/codec.php?type=1&guid={31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

can someone please help me out here.

9. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

MPC would require a splitter/parser that can handle raw AVC streams. Otherwise it isn't going to play it.

Don't think that the PSP supports ttext subs either.

10. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

um yuh well in yamb and many other programs where they ask for adding subs most only supoort .srt subs so thats why cos you cant choose an option on psp to open up subs, thast why as ive said in the past i just hard encode them into the movie using avi2dvd, i select my avi then load into it my.srt subs and output it as svcd then convert that to mp4 using psp video express.

also where can i get this slitter/parser from that will allow MPC to handle raw AVC also why did you mention AVC i said i had a H254 file, when i extracted it using mkvextract and it asked what dot extension i wanted to give to the video file i typed h264 and when i was extracted it din have a pictur of mpc of videolan to it, it was just a file, so i think it extracted it as a raw h264 file.

ive heard of avc, and i know psp supports it, but i dont even know waht avc is lol, uh well, anyway is there somewayi can fix this problem of mine in yamb, please lemme know

11. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

AVC and H.264 are the same thing. Just different names. Remember that the video info was V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Nero I believe includes a filter that can handle raw AVC. I think main concept may also have such a filter.

The extension for raw AVC should actually be .264

12. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

ok cool, um i don mean to sound daft but i have nero 6, so waht steps should i take to converting this h264 movie within nero.

and if avc and h.264 are the same thing how come when i put it on my psp it din recognise it. ?? i even changed the name to the usual name like m4v then add the numbers like it tells you to do when naming movie files on psp.

13. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

AVC is just a video codec. Take a standalone that supports XviD avi's, it supports XviD but only in the avi container, throw it an mkv containing XviD and it won't work. Same goes for the PSP, it might support AVC/h.264, but it doesn't support the mkv container. Also as I think I said already it doesn't support all features, only main profile, requires a somewhat custom mp4 container and also a special naming scheme.

Back to Nero though, recode should take the mkv as input and has profiles for the PSP.

14. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

um ok sounds kool and makes sense thanks for explaining it to me, ok now about nero recode, i don have that, do you have an idea where i can download nero recode from, and do i need a serial for it, if so am i allowed to ask for it here if not fine, ill get serial somewhere else, but im mainly just wasnting to know where i can get nero recode from.

15. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Comes with Nero. With Nero 6 it is part of the Nero Vision Express/Nero Digital Packages. With Nero 7, eveything comes with one pack.

You had Nero already that is why I mentioned it.

16. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

yuh i opened up nero express and chose video file option to try and make svcd and went to my ffac filee, but nero express well v6 anyway din support mkv files, i looked back here and saw the name you mentioned, nero vision express, and nope i dont have that i believe, cos when i open up nero express it just says nero express 6; it dont say nero vision express, but waht im doing is downloading nero 7 from www.sharethefiles.org in a ed2k file format, mebbe that will be easier to use. tell me waht you think hey.

17. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I said recode, not NVE, just that it came with that pack since you didn't seem to have it.

Nero7 is available from all the Nero ftp/http mirrors, no need to download via ed2k.

Recode uses dshow for input so it should be able to open an mkv file, some apps however don't work properly with haali's splitter. Gabest's should work (works here for native AVC mkv's) otherwise there is always AVISynth and directshowsource. Make sure you have Gabest's latest though as I don't think older versions supported native AVC.

18. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

um ok few Q's im currently dl nero 7 premium edition, now i went to http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/nero.cfm

are they both the same programs or what, also you mentioned something about gebest, where can i get the lastest version of that from to dl, please try to answer these please ^^.

19. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Nero demo, premium, ultra or whatever are all exactly the same download. It is your serial that determines what it is and what features are disabled/enabled. If you you purchased a nero 7 premium upgrade from Ahead/Nero then that is what you have.

Don't think you can download it. Just had a look at the sourceforge site and it (matroska splitter) hasn't been updated since March.

Might work fine, I am not really sure what exactly gabest has changed since then, but the splitter has definatly been updated.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

20. leiongod

leiongod Regular member

am replacing the original bad text with some offtopic text with this random random random ?_? ignore this ramble. ??

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005