1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half-life 2 (XBOX)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by s3a, Feb 13, 2006.

1. s3a

s3a Guest

Can anyone tell me what is so good about half-life 2?
    I just bought the game today and it sucks!!!! Someone please tell me the reason that I am saying this is because I played the first level for like 10 minutes....

I got lost......all you can do is walk around...at least I found someone working undercover....

Someone please help me past the first level and tell me why this game is supposetely good!!
    (I honestly hope the game is better than what I saw because, I don't want my money in the garbage...)

2. cyborg324

cyborg324 Member

most of the halflife series starts out sucky and then later on gets very good and usually they do have gigantic levels that make you use your head to find a way through it so keep it up it might get better other than that i dont know what to tell you i havent played the one your talking about

3. s3a

s3a Guest

I've read that there are good graphics...that is not true that graphics are just acceptable....I can't believe people compare halo 2 to this...

4. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

people have their own opinion on games

5. steimy

steimy Active member

you have obviously been under a rock somewhere.
    1. Half-Life2 has better graphics, sound and a much more interactive environment than Halo2
    2. The levels are better and much more diverse than Halo2
    3. Half-Life2 has a much bigger vehicle, enemy, and weapson base than Halo2.
    and that is just the tip of the iceburg so to speak.
    I have both games and there is really no comparing the two except for the fact that they are both FPS games, and Halo ripped off a lot of Half-Life's stuff.
    Half-Life came out way before Halo and was winning game of the year awards for years after it was realeased, which even though the Halo series is really good, it will never reach those heights.
    if you played Half-Life, the first one, you would see how some of the alien guns and aliens themselves were a complete rip off of the one's in Half-Life.

I know that most game are just a matter of personal preference, but this is not just opinions, these are facts.

"So why all the hubbub over an average-length single-player first-person shooter? Keep in mind that Half-Life 2 is the sequel to arguably one of the greatest action games ever made. The original Half-Life single-handedly reinvented the first-person shooter, putting the emphasis on cinematic pacing and complete immersion in the experience. Pretty much every modern-day shooter owes a lot to the original Half-Life. In many ways, this big-budget sequel does what it sets out to do: Half-Life 2 is a technically amazing, sharply honed first-person shooter that pulls all the tricks that made Half-Life such a beloved experience."
    source: Gamespot.com

but i am not one sided som you can go read all the reviews, both good and bad here
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/review/582864.html
    but most will tell you that it is one of the better games made for an Xbox.

6. s3a

s3a Guest

Here is what I have to say about half-life 2:

I got through the walking part to the gun and stick part but I am stuck somewhere and one thing that I have to say about half-life is that getting stuck ruins the game but on halo 2, you still feel some suspense....there is no way you can compare half-life 2 to halo 2....What I really love though of half-life 2 is the storyline...

Anyway someone please help me...Im stuck on the first level where there is a helicopter shooting at me...

7. steimy

steimy Active member

where EXACTLY are you. The best thing to do is go to Gamefaqs.com and look at a walkthrough which will help you through the part you are stuck on.
    If i remember correctly there are several spots where a helicopter shoots at you. And i have never broken it down into levels so i have no idea where the first level is. Is is all just one big level broken into savepoints for me.

and by the way just so everyone knows i was not trying to put down the Halo series. I really did like those games, but they will not live up to what the Half-Life series achieved. Even though most of those were for the PC version, the console versions were still pretty close.