1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2-7he 7ru7h

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by DeadRain, Dec 12, 2006.

1. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

it's there because i have been to it and it is freaking hard to press X that fast but it doesn't look like it does anything right away

2. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

i dont think you have to press X just when you get to it, you can hold it down.

3. MrT789

MrT789 Member

well, the only way im going to believe whether or not its real is if i see it in person, or i do it myself. i'm still pretty much a noob though, so if anyone could help me and at least tell me where the skulls are it would be much appreciated. ty

4. cyborg324

cyborg324 Member

5. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Why did you post the EXACT SAME video I had at the top of the page?

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

Microsoft Game Studios was the publishing company for the game, and ironically Bungie is a part of them. Bungie made the game... By themselves. There isn't some random secret in the game that it's own programmers mysteriously don't know about... Lines and lines of code don't just write themselves. This rumor is bunk, has been around a while and has never been proven.

Good question though, there was a lot of controversy around it a while ago.

7. darksoul4

darksoul4 Member

i know the truth and i think there is a gate but it will take time to open! becouse those panel there is one on ever lvl becouse i have me friend have found about 7-8 and there are clip of people say what is this and a panal so i think there is soem to unlock after the panels are opened

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

Don't these threads just expire after some point in time? Some people will dig up the most random, already 100% answered threads and respond like it's some new mystery...

9. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

just saying dont beleive every thing you see on youtube i dont know how but u can make a vid like that with half life 2

10. handsom

handsom Regular member

Don't believe everything on youtube. Good point. But as far as this goes, I'm not sure how it is supposed to relate to the topic at hand, unless you're referring to the hundreds of hoaxes posted up there daily, which include "Halo 2 Secrets" lol.

Seriously though, there comes a point where Bungie comes out and finally tells ONE group, that they found EVERTYHING(And it took a couple years to get there), and they get tired of being asked these questions in interviews, because it's just not cool or funny anymore, the game is old now, every secret has been identified, it took a while for us to get there, admittedly, but even that was well over a year ago. At this point, it's no more intelligent than trying to find something new in Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64.

11. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

acually there are still some super jumps unrevealed to the public i know cuz i have watched every super jump vid and they have never done some of the ones i made up from scratch...

12. darksoul4

darksoul4 Member

you have a good point like i have made up 2 super double bounes one on warlock and the second on and acsention(srry i spelt it wrong)

and my friend tlyer did this insane double jump it was never on video form any thing from youtube to sites he said you was jump in circle and he fell of this lege hit the super jump went fling and then he fell to the ground and then hit antor one it was in the middle of the map on contanment
    and my frined was never good at super jump what thte only one he as hever did and the i tried it for about 2 hours and i got a small bounce but never a jump

13. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

This is no lie
    My friend and i were messing around on coagulation on Halo 2 and i crouch jumped into a wall near the blue base and i kept on bouncing and touching the ceiling.
    i really wish i had a video camera with me :(

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  14. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

Oh and Darksoul4 if you misspell something you can edit your message so you make no mistakes :)

15. handsom

handsom Regular member

Oh my god. I need to cancel every single 'OG'-Xbox subscription I have here, and stop getting messages of this calibur in my inbox. I remember when the OG-Xbox forums used to have intelligent conversation, rather than "OMG! I Can totally jump higher here! WHOA!"

You guys have fun with that.

16. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

don't get mad at us just becuase we've done something that no one has done before i'm not saying all of us are telling the truth but some of us are so you need to chill dude

17. handsom

handsom Regular member

What 'truth'? Do you realize that this thread has resorted to discussing the perceived gravities of different geographical locations within singular game levels? And it's as though this is some GREAT MYSTERY from beyond.

Bottom line. Every secret worth SQUAT has been found.

Is the gravity in the dark corner of the library maybe a little less than in your basic training mission? Mayhaps. How cool does that make you? Well, let's put it this way. The guys who actually discovered every secret, as Bungie so bluntly put it, were about a 3 out of ten on the 'coolness scale'. And ten is the best. One, on the other hand is the guy on the streetcorner, who's been homeless on the street for so long, that he's trying to sell akward favors for a nickel. Someone sitting in their bedroom, within their parent's house, comparing the gravitational differences within two spots of a zone of a game that is years old now, that's a two on the same scale.

Check this out, as it's the final flaw in this pointless discussion. The level editor for the XBox version of Halo and Halo 2 has been out for well over one year. People have been able to examine every inch of these maps from a graphics, physics, and design approach. They can actually pull up the gravity properties of these locations, and check them instantly. And you know something, these little 'spots' where the gravity is different, or you're 'totally jumping higher' are all in your head. The physics are all their, it only appears different due to bad angles and perception of speed over distance.

Obviously, I can't make you stop discussing this, but I can at least give you the 100% proven logic that says "Oh, you jumped higher in the corner? No. You didn't."

In reality, I suggest you check out these map editors, and take a look for yourselves, why? Because anyone with the dedication and attention to detail that you obviously have, could genuinely come up with some very cool new user-created levels. I mean that sincerely. I really suggest you try out DotHalo, see what you can do with it; because you could actually create some really cool new experiences, which you and others could enjoy for many more months.

Give it a shot, you may very well love it!

18. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

Alright i'll stop talking about it

19. handsom

handsom Regular member

Seriously, I really, honestly suggest checking out 'DotHalo'. I think all of you people posting will find it to be really cool, no sarcasm, no jokes. There's nothing wrong with enthusiasm, and I think you'd agree, it's a great way to use your enthusiasm for the halo games, you can make some GREAT stuff!

Sorry for sounding like a commercial there, I just want to make it clear, I'm not here to squash anyone's ego, step on anyone's dreams, or undermine anyone's hobbies, though I am definitely a prick at times. Bottom line, if you like it, do it, and even when I or someone else backlashs, take it in stride, and hey, if you've got the kind of energy for it that these people do, see what you can do with it, I'd love to see maps and missions made by Dremora, darksoul4 and 2f4st4u.

I guess, for me at least, if I have the kind of energy you guys do, I want to do something with it; and I do on a regular basis, it's why I love my job. But now that I make it a point to do the things that I really want, and to explore the things that really get me, it startles me a bit to see people with the same fire not doing something with it.

Does that make sense?

20. Dremora

Dremora Regular member

alright i'll try to check it out tomorrow