1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 buring problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 0ldskool, Jan 21, 2005.

1. 0ldskool

0ldskool Member

as you can plainly see im a noob and i need to find out how to burn halo 2 onto a dvd. Ive heard that you use dvdshrink to compress the files but i have no idea if this is true and if it is where to get dvdshrink and how to use it. Can some1 plz help me out cause i need it badly so i can play against my friends online.

2. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

OK. Why do you need to compress it. Just copy to xbox HD. Then FTP to computer. Make a ISO of Halo 2 and burn as a Image to a dvd-R. Thats how I did it.

P.S. Do you have a modded xbox and dvd2xbox, and do you know how to ftp?

3. 0ldskool

0ldskool Member

I know how to ftp it i already have it saved on my computer. I just need to know how to compress it and which program i need to use to compress it

4. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

Okay so like first off your like not supposed to compress game disk files, it just doesn't work out. The compression is meant for compressing video. Second YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY COPIED GAMES ONLINE! Unless ur lookin to get banned from LIVE don't do it.

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

With Halo2 you can delete the xbox live files and then create an iso without them and it'll fit on a single layer disc.(dashupdate.xbe,downloader.xbe and update.xbe)
    You can't play a copied game on xbox live anyway so you don't need these files.

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You [bold]can't[/bold] play copied games on xbox live.

7. 0ldskool

0ldskool Member

just so u know u can play copied games online if u want. all u have to do is get this tool which hacks into the online server and makes it so ur undetecable. ofcourse this is illigeal thats y im not doing this but im usin it xbconnect.

8. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You should listen to bohefus, you don't need those files to play xbconnect. If you think you can play xbox live with a backed up game, put your game in and try booting it from the original MS dash. The MS dash won't even allow you to run the game let alone connect to one of the live servers.

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Dude, the Xbox Live files don't affect the XBL Multiplayer AT ALL. Those files are only there for people who want to install XBL through the game. It doesn't affect XBL at all. You might as well delete them since they won't do you any good anyway.

FYI, Microsoft upped their XBL security since the French Halo leak, so there's a good chance that you playing a backup of Halo 2, on LIVE=ban for life.

10. reecey

reecey Member

i don't know how to 'ftp' and also what is its purpose

11. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

Ive tried a million times. When i iso halo 2 after i FTP it, i get a message that says... i need a NTFS partition and that the game is over 4 gigs. What does this mean, what should i do, and how should i do it.

12. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Are you saying durring the transfer from the xbox to your PC via FTP, it says... "I need a NTFS partition??"

You have to be running an operating system with a NFTS file system. FAT partitions do not support file sizes over 4GB.

If you are running Win9x, I think you are pretty much S.O.L. If you are running Win2k or XP, you can convert your FAT partition to NTFS. I dunno if you installed your OS, but it's useless running Win2k or XP on a FAT partition.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  13. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

Anyone know how to change a FAT partition to a NFTS partition?

14. MaDmAxX

MaDmAxX Member

get Partition Magic.. i think v8 is their most recent version. there are probably other programs that are free but probably unreliable. partition magic is one of the best, but it's not free. well... u know... ;)