1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 burning problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shemarie, Mar 13, 2005.

1. shemarie

shemarie Guest

please can someone help iv been tring ages to burn halo 2 for xbox i know i have to remove these files "dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe and update.xbe but i dont know how i feel so silly lol i have a Halo.2.DVD5.Kit.PROPER.READNFO.XBOX-GGS file that it says i shopuld run and it will dlete the files but nothin is happening :( please help Thanx!!

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Get Craxtion, Qwix, or XisoManager and extract the contents of the ISO. Delete what you need too, then use the same tool to rebuild the ISO.

3. joeqman

joeqman Member

Shemarie
    I copied the game to my xbox hd, FTP to my computer and opened each file removing the download and intro.
    Got it down in size then created my iso.
    Hope this helps
    Im a noobe myself with lots of luck and friends in the forum

4. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

delete what files? i thought it would be smart to mension it for people to know, see this question would not be ask if ya'll people look at stuff from other people point of view.

5. joeqman

joeqman Member

Im not sure what direction your lookin from guinyss but reading the posted material is key to learning. But because Im feeling good today read this:
    These are the steps I take in backing up my games.A.- I use DVD2xbox to copy the files to my xbox drive.B.- I FTP from the xbox game files to a specific directory on my computer.C.- At that point shut off the xbox and open your game directory and u will see sometimes hundreds of files. At that time is when u look for files to delete. Sometimes easy to find sometimes not.D.- Once you have edited your game and are ready use Qwix or Craxtion to build an ISO.E.- from that point I use DVDecrypter others use nero to burn your ISO to a disk.
    I hope this information helps and is viewed in the way its intended

6. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

joeqman...lol so you feelin' good today.
    but what i was looking for is what files in the halo 2 i must delete to to make it fit on a DVD-R.

7. joeqman

joeqman Member

try these
    Halo 2
    582 MB Saved

XBox Live

/media/
    dashupdate.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    update.xbe

Unneeded

/bink/