1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 conversion from dvd92dvd5

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nastynath, Nov 9, 2004.

1. punqewe

punqewe Active member

~chuckles~

2. ki55

ki55 Member

hey nastynath, could you send me it too?..it would be greatly appreciated :D [i pm'd ya]

3. lucasw

lucasw Member

downloaded Halo 2, all of the .rar files, MSInfo and SFV file, but it didn't have a halo2dvd5.bat file.
    Does anybody know where I can download this kit?
    Thanx!!

4. skpippins

skpippins Guest

i acually own the game but want back up of it because my daughters tend to get ahold of them and scratch them.

5. Frogbert

Frogbert Member

i own the game too, only i have younger siblings that enjoy rubbing games together to make music. *shudders* I think i am removing the Live files. Are they in the main folder? i left Default there, because that one was with other games i FTP'd, and got rid of Dashupdate, downloader, and update.xbe

With evolution X i heard that signing onto live, and getting a dashboard update was potentially a very dangerous thing. Heard that Microsoft would "set us up the bomb" or something of that sort.

6. skpippins

skpippins Guest

i took those files out two and i also removed the media folder and im not sureni was suppossed too so it didnt work for me i will try without taking the media file out.when you ftp over i think the files are in the first folder you openthere is a total of 5 files i think and you have to delete 3 of them.im waiting for one of the other members to help me with the dvd5 halo 2 kit that takes out the files automatic for you

7. skpippins

skpippins Guest

just ftp the game over and delete those 3 files and it will work fine.i did it and it works perfect.dashupdate downloader.exe and update.xbe.after u ftp open folder and the files should be in there when u first open the folder.dont delete the media folder then use qwix to make iso then use your favorite burning software.i use roxio 7 because you dont have to alter any settings at all.alot of people use nero.hope this helps well gotta go time to play halo 2

8. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Hey all!

Sorry for those who have PM me with email addresses, been out of town with work and flat out.

The bat files that I send are for those that have DL the HALO 2 game and the unrared file is a iso file.
    I have not read an original, then turned files into a iso, then ran the bat file on the created iso but in theory this should work the same as the DL iso image. ok all?

I will send out shortly as have hundreds on PM to reply to with the HALO 2 kit and Leisure Suit Larry stuff, so I will email within the next 6 hrs ok all?

L8r.... :D

9. WOMACK27

WOMACK27 Guest

ON HALO 2 AFTER YOU DOWNLOAD IT CHECK THE FOLDERS AND IT WILL BE A FOLDER THAT HAS A SENTENCES THAT ARE NOT NEEDED DELETE THAT FOLDER

10. nastynath

nastynath Guest

WOMACK27,

What are you saying?
    Don't confuse others in this thread as there are enough already that I am trying to help! Please...

11. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

well.....mine dosent work i have done everything you said to do except i used magic ISO to make the ISO from the ftp'd files. should i ftp it again and then use quix and burn it to a disc using nero. also what type of disc should i use plus or minus. (using xbox media center it shows up the game as a dvd instead of a game)and avalaunch dash freezes up. i have already wasted 3 dvd's trying to burn this farkin game and it is starting to piss me off.

12. nastynath

nastynath Guest

TDK 1-8X media on + positive. Works perfect for me, sorry to hear your dismay. :(

13. skpippins

skpippins Guest

i use memorex 4x dvd-r and +r work fine and i have the thompson drive acually i havent ran into a dvd that didnt work yet wayne u should use qwix and well i use roxio 7 works fine for me take ou those three files.but i didnt download the game i own it and wanted a backup

14. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I have just re-sent fixs and tools for:

Leisure Suit Larry

&

HALO 2

PLEASE my PM box is overflowing at the moment for these hot releases! And when I get people that PM me and do not include their email address it pi**es me off and waists my time and yours! Please be careful all and pay attention to what u are doing! Be specific and to the point.
    There were around a dozen people that did not include their email addresses, TOUGH LUCK!!!

If this keeps happening I will end the threads for both games and not help anyone at all!!!

:p

Enough said...

15. OzMick

OzMick Guest

nastynath:
    Going back to page 1, you're right, a backup can't be played online, BUT, it can be played over system link. Which is how the majority of my multiplayer gaming is done. So shrinking of videos is a valid option if you want to keep the integrity of all the files intact. But, your way works, so to each his own.

16. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Yes that's right- system link.
    My way don't compress the game (HGALO 2) at all. A friend has the GUY GAME. It has been shrunk to fit single layer and the quality is extremly poor! That is where a dual layer burner is required. With everything I have done I have never needed to have something on dual layer, but my new pc when Intel Pentium 64bit are out and tested I will include a dual layer burner- Pioneer for me is the way to go!

17. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Whoops HGALO 2- I mean HALO 2!

Cheers... :D

18. C1appy2k4

C1appy2k4 Member

For Halo 2

No Need to delete any folders or movies
    to make it fit onto a DvD-r ( DvD 5 )
    all you need to do is replace a certain
    file in the iso which you all have on your
    computer no need for kits ( diy in seconds )

kewl

19. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

Thank you guys very much!!
    I have been able to get my halo 2 game to work i just used Qwix to make the ISO (remember there is an difference some programs make an ISO and programs like Qwix and Craxtion make Xbox ISO's (they have the same extention but actually they are different)).
    I also helped a person over remote assistacne to get his "downloaded" copy of halo 2 to work but it was a hastle. the reason it was a hastle was because the ISO he had was toooo big so i extracted the ISO with Qwix then i deleted the 3 live files (dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe,update.xbe) and i found it was still way too big (but the thing is my ISO wasn't because i FTP'd it myslef)so i went a little further. (rememberion that all of this was over remote assistance i had a few limitations. so i just deleted the whole media folder. now for the "tricky Bit" i moved 3 multiplayer maps (remember that they are the maps under 50mb) and used a little program of xbins called dummyfile.exe (this basically makes a file with the extention (*.bin) to the size u request. with that program i made 3x 1mb files and named them the exact name of each of the maps (example (nameofmap).map). finally i made the "xbox ISO for him with Qwix and it was like 4.34Gb just able to fit on a blank DVD. (remember not to delete the three multiplayer maps cause u could make 2 copies of the game 1 without those three mulitplayer maps and 1 with those three multiplayer maps and just remove another three. the dummyfile.exe file can be found in the downloads section of www.teamxecuter.com (sorry for spamming) and go to the "other" downloads section.
    you can also get the file from the channel xbins on efnet. if you are seriously having trouble and need help, add spank_the_monkey_111@hotmail.com to your email list and talk to me on MSN. (SoRrY for spamming again) Only ask me on MSN if you are seriously having trouble!! (dont email me cause it will be filtered out) Enjoy!!

P.S. (I am really stumped on why the downloaded ISO was thatbig in the first place so if anyone knows plz tell me)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  20. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I will resend kit in around 8 hrs!