1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 crash on menu

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by XHPrime, Oct 25, 2004.

1. XHPrime

XHPrime Guest

at the menu of halo 2 when it says "press start to continue" and freezes when i press start any ideas on how to fix this, if it helps i used qwix to extract the iso and put both the shrunk and the regular size, but both had the same problem.

2. dagger969

dagger969 Guest

Hey, I have the exact same problem. The game starts fine and loads up but when it gets to the "press start to continue" If I press start it feezes. I also used qwix. I have tried both dvd9 and 5 and just ftp'ing the files on there. I will continue to look for an answer, if I find one ill post it for you. If you have found an answer please let me know, I'm dying to play this game.

3. dossie

dossie Regular member

hey guys i might have the answer
    try deleting all the files under E:/cache
    this should help but i cant promise anything

4. dmn

dmn Member

Just a question What does deleting everything in the E:\ CACHE directory do anyways?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  5. dossie

dossie Regular member

i think it has something to do with the files you use regularlly, so what happens is that it takes files from games and stores it here (E:/cache) and it allows some games to be loaded faster...

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

A cache is just like RAM that isnt always deleted (i think its so the game loads faster cause the memory is still there) so delete the stuff in there and then if it doesn't work. ummmmm...... my friend has it and it works fine but he had a problem and then he got a new file or something of a site called HALO_ISO_FIX.rar to put it in it with the game and it worked for him.

7. dagger969

dagger969 Guest

I have heard something of a halo iso fix....are you referring to the fix that turns it from dvd9 to dvd5 or some kind of fix like in liesure suit larry that allows it to be played off of the hard drive?

8. dagger969

dagger969 Guest

I LOVE YOU.........I have been screwing with this for sooooo long and then i deete that folder and BAM this shit works...THANK YOU

9. dossie

dossie Regular member

you deleted the cache folder???

10. dossie

dossie Regular member

or did you use the iso fix???

11. dagger969

dagger969 Guest

I deleted the cahce folder and it works perfectly now. Kinda makes me angry that the only thing thats been holding me from my precious is a stupid folder. Bahhh anyway Thanks guys.

12. dagger969

dagger969 Guest

hey small tangeant here, how does the whole newbie, junior member, member thing work here. Is it the amount of posts you have or the time you have been an active member or what?......not to take away form this thread or anything.....you can just PM me to keep this thread clean. Thanks guys

13. dossie

dossie Regular member

glad to help, i think the newb, junior thing is the amout of posts you have but not too sure...

14. nvyseal

nvyseal Member

I have a similar problem, halo 2 wont load on mine either
    i have an xecuter 2 lite with evox on it but also tried unleash and avalaunch my brother sent me the same disk he
    installed with his xbox and no problems for him. i am about to try the cache fix and i will let you know if it works.

15. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

UM........ hmmmmmm i dont know what the "FIX" was for because im just what my friend told me on the phone but now that u got the game working there is no problems!!! ;)
    hmmmm check if the cache folder was re-created after running the game because its interesting that it runs with no cache folder. Did u realise that u were told to delete the contents of the folder "QUOTE:try deleting all the files under E:/cache"
    not the whole thing. lol. doesn't matter cause it works!!!.