1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 dirty disc error

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sae2004, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sae2004

sae2004 Guest

Hi,

I have a pre modded xbox that i bought a couple of months ago. Everythings been working fine but i tried to play HALO2(US Version) which i rented from Blockbuster today and it keeps giving the 'Dirty Disk' error at the end of level 2. Everythign else works fine ...the multiplayer mode and the first 2 levels but everytime at the exact same place it gives the error.

Im not that familiar with BIOS 's or anything but in the other posts it said that might be the problem. My startup screen says Slayer Evolution X v3921...and the cip type: TSOP Reflashed (Hynix-HY29F080).could this be the problem and if so could anybody please explain to me how to fix it.

Also, i copied the game to my Hard drive and it failed to copy 5 files. it starts up and when i play it from the hard drive the exact same thing happens.

I exchanged the disk as well and got the same thing with the new disk.....

Would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks

2. suki24

suki24 Member

if you have 5 missing files then thats the problem....
    try to rip to computer pc

3. sae2004

sae2004 Guest

I was under the impression from other forums that it was not possible to directly backup an xbox dvd to your computer and that you had to ftp it over form your XBOX hdd.

If it ispossible to copy an xboxb game directly to you PC hard drive could anyboyd please let me know how thats done?

Thanks a lot

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

you have to FTP to your xbox with the game inside of it and look in the DVD rom directory and just copy all the contents to your PC hard drive

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

What program did you use to rip your game? I used DVD2XBOX and it worked fine. You might wanna upgrade your evox dash, current version is 3925 and see if that will help. Is your XBOX modchipped? Cuz I think it is softmodded and a lot of time softmodded XBOX runs into problems.

6. sae2004

sae2004 Guest

I used DVD2box as well. I believe it is modded...the website i got it form said premodded xboxes. Im not quite sure what softmodding is.

And where and how could i update my evox dash..and how could that help this? cos ive tried to copy just those individual files(maps 3b,7a,8a,8b)using file explorer and it erors out saying possible reason: insufficient disk space...even though there clearly is and i can copy the other files.

Thanks

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Most of the time the problems are caused by outdated software. Update your BIOS and Dashboard will help. What version of DVD2XBOX do you have? I use the one off of Slayer's 2.6 disc, I think it's 0.5.9. Go to eurasia.nu, sign up and look for DVD2XBOX in the downloads section. If you have an old version, you might wanna update it. For BIOS I use Xecuter (X2) 4983, and Evox Dashboard 3935. You can find all these at eurasia.nu

8. sae2004

sae2004 Guest

Thanks for the help! :)
    Im gonna try it out tom...hope it works....its torture having that halo 2 disc just sitting there!