1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2.. disapointing or not?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nuclear81, Nov 10, 2004.

1. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

Like many of you (i'm sure) I picked up Halo 2 yesterday and have been playing it since. The game is great and all but there are some problems that I wish Bungie had worked out. For instance, it takes a long time to play a live game, and after the game is over you have to go back to the lobby and wait again for another server. Why can't the next game start as soon as the current one has ended? Also why does it take so long to reload and double weild guns? Sorry if i'm bitching, but I would like if these things were taken care of already.

2. SweetK

SweetK Member

Yes, bungie will hear your plea on this board and remedy the problem in Halo 3.

It's one of the best FPS for XBox,but single player left allot to be desired. Online Co-oP would have been huge and a ending with some kind of resolve would have been nice.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Halo 2 is almost perfect in my book so no complaints from me.

4. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

After playing Halo for another night, I have a different opinion of it. I actually really like the game. With the excpetion of waiting a while to play, and the cheapness of the sword, i really have a good time playin and can't wait for work to end so I can go back to playing more.

5. Spike913

Spike913 Member

Being a fan of FPS games for quite some time I am quite dissappointed.
    -Most of the weapons are "spray and pray" and almost take up the whole clip to kill another player.
    -xbox LIVE of halo can only start when the max numbers of players are occupied.
    -When a game is done there is no " another go at it"
    -No player I.D. only your "tattoo" shows up.
    -The makers concentrated on how the MAPS look rather than the structure/design of the maps...
    -The description/information of the maps are not very helpful.
    -They need tips from FPS shooter games on the PC that are multiplayer

One thing that I like alot is Limited Edition Case...

6. drnono

drnono Member

Halo 2 is pretty good for a console FPS shooter and is better played on Kai XLink than XBox Live for some of the reason stated above.

It plays at a more fast pace than the original, which I think what made it stand out over other FPS. And just like the guy mentioned above, it's not as tactical anymore. I think the direction they are taking multiplayer is best kept for the PC audience.

7. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

-I agree that a lot of the weapons take a lot of shots to kill someone, but that's why you can use two guns at once and throw grenades.
    -you can set up private games on LIVE and keep going from one game to another.
    -"No player I.D. only your "tattoo" shows up" -Where?
    -Some of the maps don't play too well, especially in team games, but a lot of them are great. They look and play well.
    -The description/information do suck. I agree with you there.
    -They cannot make Halo 2 on the XB like they could on a PC. PC's are much more powerful and always getting better over time. They have limits, and even with those, they did a damn good job with halo.

8. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

being a halo diehard fan its hard for me to asmitt but halo 2 has some problems. the game as a hole is great and its everything i expected and more but they could've worked a bit more on the xb live becasue i think its quite gay that if ur not in a party you hafto find a new room evrytime but its not that bad if you can get into a party. I've played halo 2 for the past 16 hours straight and beat the game on ledgendary this morning and what i dont get is the peo0ple who say the campaign suck....i thought it was great and really fun to play, even tho i beat it im replaying the missions andf stil having loads of fun

9. Spike913

Spike913 Member

How does it look like on HDTV???

10. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

apselutely amazing..no doubt about it

11. DDR

DDR Member

Right, I have only just realised that my copy of halo 2 crashes at the end of the second level. this is a total screw up on the manufacturers side. why is there this much difference between the games and the console they are supposed to run on. or is it just another way for the Gates family to earn some slacking time. like they dont have enough already.
    really pissed off.

12. dossie

dossie Regular member

DDR do you have a mod chip?
    if you do then just go to the cache file in the E:/ and delete all the contents, that should do the trick.
    so delete everything under E:/cache, not everything in the e:/ partition.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  13. DDR

DDR Member

ok sweet, though i still say that microsoft have alot to answer for..... thanks alot.

14. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

answer for about what? its a great game and the only reason the game has some problems is because halfway through completing the game the system crashed and they lost alot of stuff. so cut them some slack i think they did a damn good job of compelting the game in time and personaly i think halo 2 is still a great game and worth the buy, and thats all i hafto say to you loosers who keep saying that its a bad game and bungie/microsoft let us all down...

sincerly, pat

15. imemyself

imemyself Guest

at the end of "the final journey" my game freezes! it sucks! i have done the level at LEAST 4 times and i cant get past the part where they take the 2 people hostage.

16. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Im with achilles
    It really bothers me that people have deliberatly gone out to pick it to death, in other words LOOK for as many problems as possible, then go on websites and give it 1 out of 10. No game is perfect, and everyone has different taste. Some people say that the (slight) pop in in the cut scenes and (very rarely) in gameplay bothers them, but the alternative would have been occasional framerate drops, the framerate is astounding when you consider the gameplay speed and graphical detail / lighting.
    The single player game is great, I remember people ranting and raving about "quake 2" (many moons ago), it didnt even HAVE a damn story!! As far as the single player game goes, I personally cant find a thing to complain about.
    The game surpasses anything I would have though it was going to be, when a game is hyped this much, theres usually more than a little to complain about.
    But the game is incredible.
    Cant speak of the online game (drat!!) as I dont have highspeed (damn countryside!!)
    But to say the single play story isnt good, damn its awesome!, outshines the first. Its like a "good" movie sequel, I know some q will be answered in halo 3
    Bungie have made a game , that came out at the same price as aquaman, and stake, and the crappy malice and pulse racer. When you look at it, its sad that those other games even exist!
    Its cos of Bungie, and companies like them, that game standards rise.
    People say they need to look at PC fps games.
    Well, to be honest, I dont know of a PC fps game (Ive played em all trust me!) that I have more fun with than halo.
    but of course, you could also say that PC games need to look at how to port over a game
    (ie halo 1 on the pc sux!!)
    I dont have much fun on a pc to be honest, all the GOOD games are the same (command and conquer types etc)
    Plus I like to thrash around with my joypad when Im on the sofa with a beer.
    Not sit on a chair at my pc, playing a game.
    Plus
    the problem with pc game programmers is they arent trying to get the most out of a pc, they just think people can go buy a $400 graphics card, wheras a console is always stangnantly the same, you HAVE to use the same hardware.
    A good way to look at it is, I wonder if a Pentium 3, with the same nvidea chipset, could produce halo 2, riddick, gaiden etc.
    Ok said my piece, now Im off for a beer:)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  17. DDR

DDR Member

at no point did i say it was a rubbish game, in fact i think its a wicked game now i am able to actually play it. and that is where the problem lies... some of us had to play about a hell of alot to get the thing running..... pardon me for being slightly angry about not being able to play the game on its release date..