1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 ENDING. SPOILER ALERT!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by evilgood, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilgood

evilgood Member

I just beat Halo 2 a few minutes ago on Heroic. This may be a spoiler but I dont care. I am extremely upset about the ending. The game cuts off without any notice and it just ends. Are they waiting to release Halo 3? Is or will there be downloadable content on XBOX live that will have the final battle? The teaser was cool, but is this the end? Did anyone beat it on Legendary to see if the ending is diffferent? If anyone has any information or comments on this post, please, let us all know. Enlighten us.

2. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

yeh u gotta finsih it on legendary to get the proper ending.... i found out just as im near the end.... :S

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

~starts game on legendary~

4. HaZMaTiK

HaZMaTiK Guest

beating it on legendary if i read right get syou an extra MP map to play

5. evilgood

evilgood Member

Thanks guys, I will assume my playing of Halo 2 now. On legendary that is.

6. evilgood

evilgood Member

Do you think my roomates and I could maybe possibly just beat the last level on Legendary and get the proper ending? I dont think so, but I had to ask...

7. dossie

dossie Regular member

maybe..thats all you had to do on Halo 1 to get that eztra ending...you could just try and tell all of us.

8. evilgood

evilgood Member

I think Ill try that tommorrow night, after classes.

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Well I was up all night playing it on legendary.....no new ending but the map is there.

10. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

There is an ending to halo 2 and it doesnt just cut off..
    MC is asked where he is going and he replys "To Finish this fight" then after credits cortana is confronted by the flood leader as he tells her he will be asking questions and she will be answering her reply is "Okay, Shoot" The end

11. mikey88

mikey88 Member

You've got to be kidding - you call that an ending!!
    So while the credits are rolling MC is off kicking some alien butt? Why couldn't you just play that level instead of watching some credits then waiting for some super cheesy "Okay Shoot" end sequence.

Give me a break, did they run out of money or something?

12. lennyT

lennyT Member

This is wat i think guys, (hope more than think) it cant have taken bungie this long 2 make halo2.. so i think either they have made it in 2 parts so they can get more cash (2nd part alredy made) or they r finishing the game in dl content.. which i find unlikely because they wunt jus leave it out 4 ppl without xbox live... wat u think?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  13. mikey88

mikey88 Member

Wishful thinking... we can hope that bungie have not delivered all of it and we sit waiting with empty bellies for the second course.

Perhaps the multiplayer portion of the game is what bungie really wanted to deliver. Single player seems like an afterthought

But with that being said you still can't deny that's a pretty weak ending. You can still break a game into parts and deliver a worthy ending with a twist that makes you want more.

I reckon if they haven't started developing Halo3 (which I'm sure they have) they should hop to it... 3 years is too long to wait for something that could be another disappointment.

Luckily HalfLife 2 is just around the corner. Perhaps that can deliver the goods that Halo2 failed to do.

14. lennyT

lennyT Member

hmmm yeah.. half life 2 is looking good, and after playin fru the 1st 1 i am looking 4ward 2 it, but gordon freeman.. is just not master chief.. lol, but anyway i wasnt totally dissapointed with halo 2, jus a lil bit..

15. 031

031 Member

Maybe this is where ilovebees.com comes in??

16. mikey88

mikey88 Member

Gordon Freeman vs Master Chief. In all honesty I think the master chief is an ass kicker but how original is that? some random in a space suit.

The thing I like about GF is that it fits in well with the story of HL and HL2... He's just a normal guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time and using his wits and a obvious talent with a gun to survive.

Sometimes I think game developers forget to realize how important originality and a solid story line is. DOOM III failed because of this. Valve and Bungie people should use these forums more often to gauge peoples reactions and adapt the sequels accordingly. After all we're forking out our hard earned cash for, more often than not, a bunch of hype.

17. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

what a bitchful ending...and girl who says " okay, shoot" the end
    oh great all that for nothing but a map...

18. the_real_

the_real_ Member

i read somewhere (I read NOT i am SAYING) that to see a hidden trailer (of i dunno what) you gotta beat legendary in under 9 hours 11 minutes.. now this is what i HEARD not what i SAID

19. mikey88

mikey88 Member

So you heard that? where did you hear it? I remember a few games back people were posting all sorts of ways to get easter eggs. Complete it twice without losing a life while standing on your head and using your feet. Then once you complete the game twice you have to do 50 press ups in under a minute eat two large pizza's complete another game then the secret hidden mystery level will be opened... oooooo!

Please stick to what you know otherwise we're going to be trying all sorts of crap.

20. diabolos

diabolos Guest

If you watch the stuff on the limited edition DVD you can see how Bungie was very unorganized about the whole production or the game. They ran out of time! They did what they could but what was obvious is that they cut out alot of the things that would have made the games cenamatic sequences great. The end suggests that they whant more money form you for "Halo 3" (Like the Matrix movies started to go down-hill after the first one).

To me Halo 2 plays more like a "Halo 1.5" then a lagit sequal. They had alot of story to tell but had not enough time to tell it (Thats why they keep pushin those damn books down our throats!). They needed about two more years.... ;)

Watch the stuff on the DVD,
    Ced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.