1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 ENDING. SPOILER ALERT!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by evilgood, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbox4ever

xbox4ever Guest

I hope halo 2 comes out soon but come on guys why would they ever ever run out of money this is the sequel to the game of the year halo 1 sold 4 million i say again 4million you have unlimited funds in my opinion 1 and a half million copies reserved i hope it comes out soon

2. sl2231

sl2231 Member

hey, evilgood, dont worry, u arent the only one who got that message "comin february 9th," everyone who beats the game on legendary gets that message. but yes, lets hope that by some miracle they mean halo 3

3. malgaar

malgaar Guest

I was just as dissapointed by the ending as everyone else, but for those unwilling to shed the blood, sweat and tears necessary to beat the game on legendary, there is another way to get the map. You beat the game, any difficulty, then do the last level coop with one person playing a completely new profile. Then, at the banshee bit where you protect Johnson and his scarab, you have the new profile do a barrel roll right and left, followed with one of those loop the loops (banshee tricks with the A button). Then you just beat the rest of the level. Pretty simple. I'm not sure how necessary the banshee tricks are, but the method has worked 2 out of 2 for me, so I'll bet it'll work for anyone else who tries.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I loved the ending, is what very bold
    People seem to have to HAVE an "ending" but why?
    one of the greatest film sequels of all time has no "ending" (empire strikes back)
    personally I thought halo 2 ending was great.
    Not too sure about finishing the game as the arbitor tho, would have preferred to be the chief.
    I dont think for one minute halo 3 has been made, although the story is probably already set in stone.
    I think halo 3 will be a sure thing launch, or near launch, title for the next hardware. It wont be that long away,
    andddd........theres splinter cell 3, and (if we ever see it) BC, conker, half life 2 (if we ever see that too) to look forward to before then, plus tons of other good titles to keep us busy.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

my final opinion
    halo 2 is the best game ever made.....period

6. evilgood

evilgood Member

No doubt the game is one of the greatest, easily. And yes, the ending was fine, just so long as they plan to release the 3rd one soon. You guys should check out the other forum unther XBOX-General Discussion about that. Pretty interesting details.

7. EvilMC

EvilMC Member

Yes their will be a halo 3, the ending was just preparing for it, but it will come out on the new platfrom for xbox, heres a statement Steve Balmmer said. "We'll show you a capability inside the Office System today that delivers on what we call Information Rights Management. We're working on the next version -- I hate to tell you this confidentially but I'll have to swear you to secrecy now -- we're working on the next version of Xbox right now and we're working on Halo 2 and Halo 3, the two newest versions of the game."

8. EvilMC

EvilMC Member

And for the thing Feburary 9nth or whatever you may be right about the downloadable level and Feb. 9th is when it may be downloaded? Not sure. But if that was true sucks for you folks without Xbox live =p

9. EvilMC

EvilMC Member

Oh yeah and if the level would be downloaded wouldn't it take massive space for downloading a huge level? Cause Xbox only has about 8 gigs in its hardrive so I take that back dont be looking forward for a downloadable level the ending was just preparing a storyline for halo 3.

10. mikey88

mikey88 Member

It wouldn't surprise me if you had to download some portion critical to the game. Just another way to force people to get Xbox live. I can't stand the way they force people to spend more money on the same game. Greedy greedy...

Same way they broke the game into halves. Before games would last +40hrs but now they seem happy to supply people with half the version, pay $50, then two months later drip feed them the other, another $50. Throw in some Xbox live features where you have to spend more money and hey presto - they have managed to screw more money out of you then ever thought possible.

How about this one - supply us the whole game all at once and let us play it just like they used to. Hell if it's that good and you can guarantee a huge amount of gameplay - charge $60 - but stop this bs.

11. Bobalob

Bobalob Member

If we go back to our old friends ilovebees.com, there is a new countdown, that will hit zero on February 9th, 2553. At the start of Halo 2 on Cairo station, we are told that the date in-game is the October 20th, 2552. I'm guessing that the little meesage at the end of the credits has something to do with the plot rather than actual new stuff.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  12. tpsobeck

tpsobeck Member

Where on the site is the countdown? Thats really interesting.

13. Bobalob

Bobalob Member

Check out www.ilovebees.com It's on the homepage =)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  14. tpsobeck

tpsobeck Member

I tried finding it. All it says is "Countdown to wide awake and physical. Make your decisions accordingly." Or am I missing something here.

15. liljim

liljim Guest

has n e 1 seen the halo 2 trailer were MC is diving thru a city tunnel, the door shuts and some elites drop from the sky in pods. were was dat bit in the game ive played it all the way thru on heroic and i havent seen it, has n e 1

16. tpsobeck

tpsobeck Member

It's not in the game. That whole sequence is not in the game.

17. MidniteJ

MidniteJ Member

Hey all. I am new to the forum and glad to be here.

From what I have been reading in the backup section of the forum, the rumor is that Halo 3 may be released before March of 2005. Like I said, this is what I read on other parts of the forum and is only a rumor right now.

18. liljim

liljim Guest

y wasnt that part in the game, cud that be halo 3 and sum elite are still loyal to the covenant that makes more sense than having downloadable levels??

runaway penguin rocks

19. Bobalob

Bobalob Member

hey tpsobeck, sounds like something's playing up at your end. As I am typing this, the clock says:

COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL:
    200138:09:13:21:539

Make your decisions accordingly.

Don't know why you can't see it, but believe me, it's there!

20. tpsobeck

tpsobeck Member

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for letting me know what it was! Man is that interesting or what. Leaves many to begin speculation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.