1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 Error message

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by StCereal, Nov 13, 2004.

1. StCereal

StCereal Member

I need soooo much help. I have been playing halo 2 and been trying to play a Optimatch. It always says "YOU FAILED TO LOAD THE MAP" I tried calling xbox support but they said that they were researching the problem still. If any or you have any imformation please tell me.
    THANKS(i hope)

2. haalo

haalo Member

i am having the same problem,,,,,its driving me crazy. I new to forums, in fact i just joined here find a solution....God help us

3. haalo

haalo Member

i have been talking to xbox support and the hinted that the update download with halo 2 has something to do with loading maps in multiplayer.....i hope this info helps fix the problem

4. the_real_

the_real_ Member

I get that as well. I just restart my box and it works. Maybe box is freezing up and the map isnt alowed to load...who knows

5. haalo

haalo Member

yea but that sucks man....there has to be a way to fix it. i run on dsl. I brought my buddies xbox to my house and entered my network setting on his box and his box worked fine. He then took my box to his house and it work fine on his rogers cable. Something is totally messed

6. StCereal

StCereal Member

I asked xbox support what to do! The first time they sugessted to first turn your xbox off. then take out the halo 2 disk and put in another xbox game, wait for it to load then eject that disk and put another xbox game in. do this three times and it temperaraly gets rid of the problem. Well I got it again and got really mad so i called again. this time they sugessted to delete your halo 2 memory. I did that, after saving it on a memory c ard and it has worked since......try this and it may work
    SAVE IT(hint hint)

7. StCereal

StCereal Member

PS
    if you have need help my buddy tag is St Cereal put me on your friend list and i will respond

8. emasters

emasters Guest

I have had the same problem...mine seems to work only once right after i restart my xbox...I tried deleting halo2 data from the dard drive and starting over..and nothing more happened...this really stinks! Ive installed a new drive on my xbox and im hoping that is irrelevent. Somebody at bungie, figure this out!!!!!!