Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 88Camaro, May 9, 2007.
- nah, it's very easy
- Forum Rules are in my signature.
Has anybody gotten past the "Please Insert Original Disc" at Gravemind error when you play Halo 2 on XP and does anybody know the fix?
Well i know how to do it, its just that i been too lazy
here are the instructions: NOTE I DID NOT WRITE THESE INSTRUCTIONS THEY ARE FROM SOME OTHER GUIDE WHICH I FORGOT THE NAME OFF.
Why does Halo 2 ask me to insert the disk on the Gravemind level or any other level?
While I don't know exactly why it happens, there are two instances when it can occur.
If you didn't do the "Custom Game Install" option and then the "Full Install, Do not Start" option on set-up, and chose the "Play" option instead, you may have created temporary map files, rather then the full map files. Causing Halo 2 to ask for the disk on all levels.
Or you might have done everything right, but the game still asks for the disk on the Gravemind level.
Either way, try this solution to hopefully fix your disk check issues:
1) Download the UnGZIP (google it not sure where i found it)
2) Copy your single player maps from the Halo 2 disk to the HDD. Neglect the multiplayer maps.
3) Note: Make sure your Halo 2 image is loaded using DAEMON Tools.
4) Double click the UnGZIP.exe program and a small box will appear, click the [...] button to browse for files.
5) Find the area where you copied the maps. And select the "07a_highcharity.map.dtz" map. Once selected, press the program's "GO!" button. This will extract the map.
6) Once the map is done being extracted (there's no completion bar, so give it around 10 seconds) you must rename it to a .map extension.
7) Right-click on the map -->Properties and delete the ".map_ungziped.dtz" extension and simply write .map.
8 ) Now copy the map over the original in your Halo 2 directory map folder.
9) If you're having a disk check issue with levels before the Gravemind level: Do this for all the maps (including the single_player_shared.map.dtz) and hopefully the issues will go away.
I tried this and it worked, but I was stupid enough to stop the game, save it in the middle of Gravemind and quit. I never got it to load that level again. There is another fix where you copy the file"07a_highcharity.map" and rename the copy to to "07a_highcarity.map". You need both files to play.
Separate names with a comma.