1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 MADNESS

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by **chris**, Apr 11, 2007.

1. **chris**

**chris** Regular member

ok here it is i am trying to backup my halo 2 game and for some reason it will not work on my xbox i have done alot of searching in google and this is my last and final hope to give light to my problem i already tried taking the game extracting it with DVD decryptor and also Power ISO and when i go to play it on my xbox the xbox says that the disc is a game OH and also when i copied it there was only like 200 mb or something small only took half a min so i now i am doing something wrong and you guys are really good at this stuff so hopefully i can get a answer SOON

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

what kind of programs did you use? i found out that one of mine wasnt really good for that kind of stuff so i used Quix

just do the FTP connection to D: drive and get the files to an iso that way that should take a long time and be bigger then 200mb for sure lol like 4GB probley

3. **chris**

**chris** Regular member

i have the disc so i just Ftp it onto xbox but i tried that and my hard drive is not big enought it is only 3 gigs so dont know but do you know how much should be orginally in the xbox hard drive because i have only 3 GB thanks any other suggestions

4. CCScan

CCScan Member

**chris**, I was in the same boat as you are at one time. The people in this forum are top notched. With a little patience and a lot of reading in this forum, you'll get there. With that said, maybe my experience in trying to do exactly what you are trying to do will help. Like m0dnewb said, get Qwix and use it to FTP to your Xbox. There is a guide in this forum that explains it all. With the original Halo 2 disk in your Xbox, FTP with your computer using Qwix to D drive of your Xbox. Then get the Halo 2 files and make an ISO with them. Burn that to a DVD-R disk and you are set. Put the burned copy in your modded Xbox and enjoy. Good luck.

5. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

well the xbox is about 10 gb's but its also taken up by the halo 2 expansion levels (it takes a HUGE chunk out of your HD)but yeah the only way you can back it up onto the xbox is if you get a bigger HD for it.

****and i was not telling you to FTP it TO your xbox...i was telling you to boot your xbox into the modded dash then insert the disc into your xbox and just leave the xbox alone...go to your computer and open up quix and create the iso by clicking on the FTP and have it link to your xbox D: drive (so basicly it will connect to your xbox and stait to the disk and copy it to an iso)then you just burn the iso to a disk

6. **chris**

**chris** Regular member

ok here is the scoop i ftp'ed the game and transfered all the files i had a total size of 4.7 GB or something to that extent and on the xbox it says that there is 6.7 GB so i dont know were the data is going but that is all i got on the computer. when i went to burn it the size was too big and i removed one map single player shared map and burned it and it sayed that there is a problem with my disc it is damaged or dirty and it was straight out the burner so it was not dirty so i tried burning it again at 2.4x and the xbox does not reconize the game it says unknown so i dont know what to do

7. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

8. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Get CloneXB easiest program to use. You can FTP the files (or ISO)straight to your computer HDD. So It doesn't matter how much room you have on your XBOX HDD.

Then delete these files:
    dashupdate.xbe
    update.xbe
    downloader.xbe

This will make it fit on a standard DVD5 disk.
    Now use CloneXB to make an ISO of your files.

Then use DVD Decrypter to burn your ISO.

Enjoy.

9. **chris**

**chris** Regular member

thanks but i already did it i used Flashfxp and i got the connection i had to have the internet on and turn off my firewall. and i deleted those files also and now i am satisfied the game works perfectly thanks for all your help