1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 map installer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dandoom, Jun 19, 2005.

1. dandoom

dandoom Member

i have the maps for halo 2 and a modded xbox,my maps didnt come with the installer,whats the installer called?,can i download it,ive looked on nearly every site and cant find it anywhere.help would be very much appreciated.thanks

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

There is no installer for the Halo 2 maps. You must do everything yourself.

First, download these two programs:

1) Encryptomatic Signature (requires .net framework)
    2) ppfomatic

Once you get those programs, follow this tutorial:

Halo-2 needs to be running on your xbox hard drive, and you need a xbox mod chip.

FTP into your Xbox to the following directory: /F/Games/Halo 2/maps/
    Copy all of the .map files into a folder on your computer.
    Select all of the .map files, and make a second copy of the maps on your computer.
    extract the map pack, all files into the same folder

Beserker made a kickass auto patcher which is included & has its own readme
    [for those who like to do things the hard way use ppf-o-matic]

[Open PPF-O-Matic, click the "Patch" icon.
    Browse to the folder where the PPF files are located, select the first PPF in the list.
    Click "CD Images", and select "All Files"
    Select the corrosponding .map file.
    For example, if the PPF file is "beavercreek - craazy_creek.ppf", you need to select the beavercreek.map file
    Click "Apply"
    Once the map is patched, you need to rename the .map file to "craazy_creek.map"
    You need to do this with each PPF file in our Map Pack.
    I suggest once you're finished each ppf, move the .map and .ppf into a seperate folder.]

Once all of the maps are patched, you need to encrypt each .map file using "Encryptomatic Signature"
    Open Encryptomatic Signature
    Click "Encryptomatic Signature", then select the patched .map file and click "Open".
    You need to encrypt each map that you patched.
    Once you are finished, FTP the .map files back onto your xbox hard drive.

3. Ske7ch

Ske7ch Member

I have a soft-modded xbox, and I want to modify my H2 maps (for fun). I can ftp with my xbox, but i don't know where to find the .map files, or what to do from this point. If someone could show me where a good tutorial is, or explain this to me, that would be much appreciated.

I tried to ftp with my xbox while Halo 2 was in the drive, like was previous recommended, but i can't becuase the xbox won't respond.

Thanks for any help
    -Ske7ch

[bold]EDIT:[/bold]
    SPECS:
    BIOS Loader/Patcher : PBL-Metoo
    BIOS : X2 4981
    Dashboard : Evolutionx

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  4. dontcarez

dontcarez Guest

question wat are the websites to go to, to find these files?

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. gau

gau Member

hey,

i own a xcuter 2 modchip and i am able to ftp to my xbox and view the halo2 maps there are two maps in the icon list which do not display in the actual game. 1. foundation here and there appears and dissapears and i have done the right stuff to get it play co-op on last map......

2. there is a map called cyclotron on there i have never heard of it, or it ever being used. there is definitly a file called cyclotron.map in my halo 2 map sub-folder. i would like to know how to unlock it ..... asap

thank you

7. Dev_guy

Dev_guy Member

well, ur right about foundation, its locked unless i think u beat the game or u have xbl and get the updates.
    what u can do to make sure it shows up on ur menu every time is open it in h2edit and unlock it, resgn it, and put it back in ur maps folder.
    i think cyclotrops or watever is really another map already on the list tho, its just not matching the name it has in game.

8. gau

gau Member

in halo2 key board for making names and stuf... there 2 greyed links called symbols and accents ive tried alot of things to unlock them but the are gryed and the "thing" (that selects the letters etc) wont even go ova it i would like to now how to unlock it asap

thank you

9. Xanthe117

Xanthe117 Member

does anyone know were to download the halo2 maps for modding that contain the weapon tags

10. Xanthe117

Xanthe117 Member

does anyone know were to download the halo2 maps for modding that contain the weapon tags

11. Xanthe117

Xanthe117 Member

12. Xanthe117

Xanthe117 Member

13. fenderg

fenderg Member

ok well i have a modded xbox and i have halo 2 but when i try to connect to the ftp when halo 2 is running... it wont let me connect. it only lets me ftp to my xbox when i am in the xenium menu... what do u mean running on the hard drive?

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Running on the HD means that you put Halo2 on your Xbox's upgraded HD, and then play the game off of that. You cannot FTP into the Halo 2 disc, you can only FTP into your Xbox's HD.

15. fenderg

fenderg Member

so pretty much I need a new hard drive to do anything?

16. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, yes and no. All of the maps that were not on the original Halo 2 disc (i.e. warlock, turf etc.) are already downloaded to your original Xbox's HD. So you can customize those ones if you would like. But the one's on the disc cannot be customized and played unless you have Halo 2 running from your HD.

17. fenderg

fenderg Member

so how exactly would i get the game running on my hardrive? can i do it with the original xbox hardrive?

18. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, first you would need your Xbox modded in some way, either softmodded or chipped. Then, you would need to put in a larger HD, and either FTP Halo 2 to your HD or get it on there using a program such as DVD2Xbox.

19. fenderg

fenderg Member

well i do happen to have a modded xbox. I have a xenium spice chip in it. Well i downloaded the new maps.. but i still cant find them when i ftp to the xbox...am i doing something wrong? everytime i try to open a folder (say the C folder) it is empty

oh and how exactly would i ftp the game to the hardrive?

20. gau

gau Member

in halo2 key board for making names and stuf... there 2 greyed links called symbols and accents ive tried alot of things to unlock them but the are gryed and the "thing" (that selects the letters etc) wont even go ova it i would like to now how to unlock it asap

thank you