1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 MODDING tutorial - NO EMAIL addresses or instant banning

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by xyron, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow84

shadow84 Member

can some one find an answer to my question ??

2. modr2b

modr2b Member

To: everyone
    How do you make a vehicle (example: warthog) indestructible?

To: shadow84
    Try looking up some insolence tutorials, depending on what your doing there may be several dependencies of the imported object that are trying to find another map that you'll have to change to your current map or object on that map.

3. Nimex

Nimex Member

to make the warthog indestructable, you just uncheck the box that says the unit has health (it has been about 6 months, so if you can't find it, look in ALL the tags, and for something like it). And to shadow, I never had any luck with insolence, so I never bothered, but I would go with modr2b's advice, and just look for tutorials, they're out there; probably on this site too!
    Modr2b, tell me if you can find it, if you can't I'll look (please try, I haven't used the program in so long I forgot where I put it :D)

4. modr2b

modr2b Member

Thanks Nimex, I'm having some computer difficulties right now but I'll let you know if I find it once my computer with the modding stuff is up and running again. Also, do you mean looking in all the tabs to do with the warthog in ADI or looking at everything that has the word warthog in it that's not just under the vehi tag?

Thanks for your help!

5. Nimex

Nimex Member

Under every tag, sorry I can't remember which one it is.

6. rabbitez

rabbitez Member

Ok, I have softmodded my xbox, FTP'd it too.

I modded the map relic, so the pistol shoots sniper rounds, using DotHalo.

I did "fix encryption" too.

I uploaded my modded map to my Xbox.

Now when I try to play that map, it just says "You failed to load the map"

Why is this? I am pretty sure I have done everything right!

7. shadow84

shadow84 Member

you forgot to resign the map just download ch2r and resign the map then when your done resigning it close the ch2r windo and ftp to the xbox.
    tell me if it works for you or not and i will try to help you.

8. rabbitez

rabbitez Member

Thanks, I used to use DotHalo and CMR_2 to resign them.

I'll give this a try, but I am doubtful...

I am not sure wether it is DotHalo or CMR_2.

I used this tutorial: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/beginner-tutorials/24-modding-halo-2-beginners-pics.html (scroll down to near bottom) and I did the bit about resiging, word for word.

All I did to my map (I modded Relic)was make the Magnum shoot sniper rounds. That's it.

I did this because I originally though I was over modding, and it caused it to not load, like it sometimes does when you mod Halo 1.

Yeah, i'll give that a go, i'll let you know if I get the same message.

Thanks

9. rabbitez

rabbitez Member

Ok, I did what you said, doesn't work.

Now tell me if I go wrong at all, this is EXACTLY what I am doing.

I got my map, Gemini, put on my PC. I made the magnum shoot sniper rounds, that is all. I did the resigner, I FTP'd back to Xbox, and guess what, it didn't load.

I used the Mechassault trick to run Linux so I can FTP.

As far as I know, from other forums, that is what you are supposed to do.

What does " fix encryption" in DotHalo do?

And you know when you resign the map, you get a new number or something, do I need to do anything with that?

Thanks again

Stuart

P.S I uploaded a map to my PC, then sent back to my Xbox that works fine, so it isn't the conenction.

10. JoeBoxer

JoeBoxer Member

Ok i'm new at this and i read the tutorial but it only says how to modify maps and I want to make my player go like 10X as fast as usual and jump really high and I want to know how to make it so SMG's will shoot rockets and shotguns shoot plasmas ect...

I also want to know how to edit new vehicles in like in youtube where they have those flying gauss turrets and random vehicles like that.

11. JoeBoxer

JoeBoxer Member

Oh ya and can I make it so that my one character has the upgrades like the wep/vehicle/running faster upgrades and everyone else is still normal?

12. kyleroy

kyleroy Guest

my xbox is all fucked up..
    when i turn on my xbox with no game in it it says to call something..i cant see my dashboard what do i do

13. JoeBoxer

JoeBoxer Member

Sorry i cant help im new to this

14. goldensky

goldensky Member

http://www.covenant-clan.co.uk/images/elite3.jpg

I want to be an Elite that looks like this but with a crown. IT'S NOT AN HONOR GUARD ELITE. You can see these Elites at the end of the level in Halo 2 called "The Great Journey". They are trapped inside a force field cage with Hunters. Then they help you defeat Tartarus. Can you tell me how I would do that? I've never modded before, and I only want to do this. Also, will moddifying my game ruin it? Can someone tell me how to mod, step by step? Cause' I have no idea what to do. Oh, and I'm not good with files and things like that on the computer either.

15. JoeBoxer

JoeBoxer Member

Hmmm ok if you have read the tutorialk then you know you can load maps to the right thing then make a new one and mod it right?
    Well you do the same thing but you load an elete profile into a file then make a new one and copy him then you mod him and download him back on your xbox.

I'm not to sure as I am new to but I read the tutorial so I bet it applies to making mods on your profile to.

16. Nimex

Nimex Member

Ok. Let's start with you GoldenSky. There are many tutorials out there that allow you to do this. Let me recommend that you do not try using Insolence (the program needed as you will see in the tutorials) with Relic. It screws up every time. kyleroy, try reinstalling linux using splinter cell. And finally you JoeBoxer, as everyone knows around here, I do NOT condone using mods just for cheating purposes, which is what you are trying to do. You want to give yourself all the benefits of the mods while everyone else gets to get pwned by the modder. This is the kind of thing that gives the modding community a bad rep. Learn to do the "fun" modding first, and then along the way you will learn to do what you want to do; hopefully by then, though, you will not want to mod to cheat :).

17. rabbitez

rabbitez Member

you missed me out!

DX

18. JoeBoxer

JoeBoxer Member

LOL!!!
    The mods aren't for me I just want to learn how to mad because it sounds like fun!!
    My friend has a birthday coming up and he knows I want to know how to mod so he asked me to do that for him I just want to mod for the fun parts like making you gun shoot out spartans or making warthogs fly and making my guns look cool and do cool things.

19. shadow84

shadow84 Member

ok some one said there xbox was messed up try to turn on the xbox and unplug it wile it is on and then wait about 2-3 minets and plug it back in and it should work. i have had dont to me befor and it should work for you to.

rabbites you dont need the numbers and also for the map not working thing all i do for that here is the instructions to do that take your map and then open it up with dothalo then go to wepons tag and swap the pistol bullet for the sniper bullet then hit save above it then in the window next to it hit the button fix encription then close out of dothalo then open ch2r ITS CH2R not CMR_2 and open the map that you just moded then on the right side there should be a drop down in the action tab window then hit the button that sais re-sign map then after its done then you close out of CH2R and then send it over to your xbox. I have never moded relic but i have done it to other maps like coag i have a fully auto shotgun that shoots plasma gernades. Now tell me it that works.

20. rabbitez

rabbitez Member

WTH!!!

I did that, dude, Dothalo is buggyrific.

I mean, I open it up (I know how to change proj and stuff, I used to mod Halo PC al lth time) ok, I save the change, I click fix encryption, put it in CH2R, resigned it, FTP'd back to xbox, run Halo 2, selected the map, it said map is loading for about 30 secs, then it suddenly fails.

I will try again, I don't use dothalo anymore, cause I don't think it is well designed, I used a different one, and I used encrypto matic.

this is the bit I really need to know:

What is the difference between Encrypting a map, (like the encryption tool in dothalo) and the Resign map bit?????

Thanks....

P.S: Anyone wanna go on Xbl with me? I am teh god at SWAT.

I am level 22 at snipers (Not very good)

and I /was/ level 32 at hardcore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.