1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 mods and softmodding i will teach u **No Email Posting or Banned!!**

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by popacap, Oct 10, 2005.

1. qazwsx123

qazwsx123 Member

please tell me how to put some mods on my halo2

2. blitzu41

blitzu41 Guest

heyy does anybody have any kind of mods for halo 2 on xbox live?
    aim=blitzu41

thz

comment back

3. xcurex

xcurex Member

hey people if i get a modchip i need to kno some stuff if u can please tell me where can i find a mod chip, how much is it, and is it hard to install myself and if i get soft modding stuff is there a way where i wont get banned because one of my friends thats soft modzwent into match making and the second it hit 1 it said he got permemetly banned from match making so if anyboy can tell me anything pleeeease tell me thanx

4. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

how do i get on xbl live with soft mods and dont fckin tel me i cant cuzz my frnds do it all the time help plz

5. uadodgers

uadodgers Member

I have been wanting to mod my xbox for a while. Can anyone tell me what software i would need to purchase in order to mod my xbox. Also i found a really cool link that has cool mods on it that i would like to download. Can anyone explain how i might download those onto my xbox.

Thnx

6. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

u dont buy anysoft hardware is what u buy software u download u need flash fxp, dothalo, a mapd resinger, action replay, mech assualt, or slipntercell, or 007.
    splinter cell is perfered
    goto www.xx360xx.com and then go to tutorials then xbox softmodding it their is a perfect step by step for all the games and pictures

only mods the new maps the old ones are hard as hell and u could screw up ur xbox and if ur going on live make shure u get the xbox live update before u mod otherwise ull nvr play live ok anymore questions

7. uadodgers

uadodgers Member

Yes, will u check out this link and tell me if these 5 modded maps r for pc or xbox http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=48664 . Also do u know any good websites that have a tutroial that will gguide me through modding my xbox.

8. uadodgers

uadodgers Member

Can you explain and tell me what exactly i have to do to mod. I want to start off by downloading mods. And later making my own.

9. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

go to the website www.xx360xx.com and mod ur xbox after u do that u need ppf-omatic flash fxp is perfered and a map resinger
    a mod u can dowload is know as a ppf wich is a patch ok
    so u download the pff open ppf omatic their is to boxes in the first box click the picture of the floppydisk and find the maps that u flash fxped onto ur computer and pick the map ur apllying the patch to and hit open ok then u do the same thing in the second box only instead of picking the map u pick the patch u downloaded for it then u click apllypatch and then resing the map then flash fxp it back onto ur xbox

p.s. make shure u make a folder of the origanl maps so if u want to put diff mods on or even take them off entirerly u can ok any more questons go the the web site i keep giveing u dude

10. uadodgers

uadodgers Member

First off, what should i download from that website and how do i download it. Also where am i supposed to download it.

Thnx

11. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

ok go to the web site find the programs it says and google them halo maps has alot of the programs ok google everything ull find it i did

12. uadodgers

uadodgers Member

ok so where do i download all of this stuff.

13. uadodgers

uadodgers Member

Can you explain what I need to do to mod my xbox step by step. I understand that I need to go to www.xx360xx.com. From there I'm lost. I think i kinda understand what your saying. You want me to google the programs to find them in download them. But I don't understand where i'm supposed to download them. Then after that I have absolutely no idea what i'm supposed to do. So if u could right down step by step what I'm supposed to do I'd appreciate it.

Thnx

14. 1stTMod

1stTMod Guest

Ok I Soft Modded my xbox and downloaded some ppf's, how do I ftp my xbox. I have MIRC and SmartFTP. Do I leave my xbox downstairs using a router or play link boxes or do I plug it directly into the back of the PC. I have the Blue Dashboard that shows the IP in the top left corner and is running static so it's always the same ip. Please help.

15. 1stTMod

1stTMod Guest

I tried smartFTPing that ip but I get nothing.

16. cdh147

cdh147 Member

ok i softmodded my xbox and i moved a file from one folder to another folder but i forgot wich folders they were, the next day i opend the disc tray to put in a game and i noticed the dashboard was not working, then wen i went to play halo 2 on live it said i needed the autoupdate again and i did it but it gave me an error message,i cant play live cause i cant get updates and i cant get into the dashboard,,what can i do to fix my xbox, i was thinking of getting a modchip, would that help?

17. 1stTMod

1stTMod Guest

Ok now I figured out the FTPing, now what do I do with the files, or where do I place them?

18. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

u have the ppf's rite ok now u have to downloadf ppf-omatic go to halomaps.com to download this and dothalo (formaking ur own mods)
    then after u have ppf omatic open it ull see only 2 white blanks next to them ull see a picture of a floppy disk click the one next to the first blank go to were u put the original maps click the one ur apllying the ppf to (the ppf has to be the same as the map u can turf ppf on terminal)
    ok then u click the map ur modding and click open the u click the picture of the floppy disk next to the second blank then go to were u put the ppf patches and click the one ur putting on the map the click open then click apply patch ok so now the maps are modded

ok here comes the hard part u have to google "halo 2 map resinger"
    ok ull be lookin for a wile click everyone till u find one u can download it takes a long time to find and a while to download but its the easyiest and dumbest program but u gotta have it
    ok so now u have the map resinger downloaded open it then go to the place were u just modded the map then pick the map u just modded mak shure its the modded one not the original the click open then click resing then it will say new map something it will give u a big number thewn click ok then go back to fxp program and ftp the modded map onto ur xbox and u should be good

19. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

How to Softmod
    Written by AzzidReign

Requirements:

Newest Microsoft Dashboard: Click Here for more details. You can aquire the newest Microsoft Dashboard by either going on Xbox Live and getting the updates or getting the Halo 2 Expansion disc and installing the update. Action Replay:
    action replay
    Buy it HERE! Must own 1 of these 3 games:

SID (Softmod Installer Deluxe) 4.0 aka Softmod/Linux files (Each download contains all files for all 3 games):
    Download
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    NOTE: After you download this file, go to the file location, double click it and extract it. Do NOT extract any more files! When you try to transfer the game save over and you get an INVALID GAMESAVE error, then you did not read this note.

Xbox Live Gamertag - If you do not have one right now and want to get on Live, then you must create one before you install this softmod. Once installed, you cannot create a new gamertag. If you want to make a new one after this softmod is installed, then you must uninstall the softmod, make the account, and then reinstall the softmod.

Tutorial

Step 1: Install the software that came with your Action Replay (will be referred as AR from now on). If you are confused at what this means, a disc comes with AR, put that in and install it.

Step 2: Plug in your AR USB adapter into your USB port on your computer. Make sure your memory card is in the adapter now.

Step 3: Bring up the AR program. It should look like this:
    action replay

Step 4: Take the SID4.NK.Launcher file from your folder you saved it to and drag it to the Memory Card (MC) slot on your AR software. It should look like this:
    action replay

Step 5: Now, there are 4 files left for each game that I stated above in the requirements (2 for Splinter Cell). Take the file that is associated with the game you are going to use. NOTE: Splinter Cell has PAL and NTSC, please choose the appropriate file. If you do not know what to chose, please ask someone from the site for assistance.
    Depending on which game you use, this is about what it should look like (this is exactly what Splinter Cell users should see):
    action replay

Step 6: Once you have both files on your MC, remove it from the AR adapter and bring it over to your Xbox. Plug it into your controller and boot up your Xbox without a game in the drive.

Step 7: Transfer the files onto your hard drive (hdd). To do this go to the "Memory" screen from the main standard MS Dashboard. When you get into the memory menu, click on the memory card (by pressing left on the D-Pad) and select it by pressing A. When you get into your memory card and find the file, you might have to press the right button on your D-Pad to select the file and then choose copy. Do this for BOTH files or else the installation will not work/start.

Step 8: Now that the files have been transfered to the Xbox, put the game in that you are going to use to softmod with (Splinter Cell, Mechassault, 007:AUF). Each game is different when it comes to how to load linux. Here's the break down:

Splinter Cell: Go to Start Game, click LINUX, and you wont see any check points, but still press A for the Check Points twice. Then the installer should load up. Pics of the process:

Mechassault: Go to Campaign, click Run Linux and that should load the installer. Mechassualt is known to be harder to get the installer loading since it requires a certain edition. Please be sure that when you have 'Run Linux' highlighted, the files description is as follows:
    Controls: Normal
    Difficulty: Regular
    Current Level: Going Down Hard
    If that does not show up, then you will have to get a different version or get Splinter Cell or 007. Pics of the process:

007: Go to Load Mission, then select the Xbox Hard Disk option and that should load the installer. Pics of the process:

This is what Softmod Installer Deluxe 4's menu should look like:

Step 9: This is a KEY step! Now that the installer has loaded, go to 'CREATE MS BACKUP'. This is incase you want to unmod your Xbox for any reason/technical reason.

Step 10: This is another essential step! Go to 'CREATE EEPROM BACKUP'. If you do not do this step, the installer will NOT let you move on. After you click that, a new menu will come up. In that menu, click 'CREATE EEPROM BACKUP'. When that is done, click 'BACK TO MAIN MENU'.

Step 11: Once you are back to the Main Menu, scroll down to 'Install Softmod'. Here's what you should be choosing for each menu (this goes in order):
    a) Click Dual Boot for NTSC or PAL (which ever one is for you, if you do not know, please contact someone for assistance)
    b) Click Knaves Ndure, Open tray = Retail
    c) Choose either the Installation for EvolutionX or UnleashX. For a Novice, I would suggest UnleashX.

Step 12: Three messages will pop up. After reading and understanding each, Press A. On the 3rd message, you will get this message: "All requirements pass. Continue Install?" Click Yes.

Step 13: After the installation is complete, you will get this message:
    "Softmod successfully installed, your virtual eeprom must be patched, after eeprom, now you'll boot to installer"
    That sentence did not make sense to me, so just press OK. Now a new message pops up:
    "The installer will now boot to patching system after it is completed, please turn off Xbox and power back on without game disc to finish install."
    Click YES.

Step 14: Press eject and take out your disc and then close the tray. Turn it off. Once off, turn it back on by pressing the power button. When it boots up, UnleashX will appear with a "Softmod Successful" message. It says that it needs 1 more step to finish the install. PRESS A.

After it is finished installing everything, your Xbox will automatically reboot and your UnleashX dashboard should appear. Congratulations! You have just successfully softmodded your Xbox!

How to get on LIVE!
    Step 1: Hit Eject.
    Step 2: Put the game in you wish to play on LIVE!
    Step 3: Sign in to Xbox LIVE!
    Step 4: Play and ENJOY!
    NOTE: I've been told that you may have to change your IP to DHCP (aka automatic IP) to access LIVE!

NOTE: This tutorial is to get you on LIVE! without them detecting your soft(ware) mod(ifications). This is also a warning. If you go on LIVE! with any Halo 2 modded material (maps in particular) you WILL be banned from matchmaking. There is no way to play on XBL without getting banned from modded maps (yet).

If you are having trouble with this tutorial, we offer to Softmod your Xbox for you. Contact me for more information.

Other Useful Tutorials/Links:
    How to FTP
    FTP to your Halo 2 Maps
    How to Mod Halo 2 for Beginners
    How to Burn Games
    Emulator Downloads

©AzzidReign at http://www.Se7enSins.com/

CREDITS: Pictures of the installer and the games menu's from the SID 4.0 manual. Thanks goes out to those that made this happen: Nknave, DJB, Pirrup, and everyone else mentioned in the manual for the great installer and the manual for me to encode for the non-so-technical group of people. Their site: http://www.xbox-hq.com/

Did you like this tutorial? Do you have any questions or comments?

20. xbox1noob

xbox1noob Guest

this one is kinda complicated

make shure u make a seperate folder with the original maps or u screwed

and if u going on xbox live make shure u get the xbl update before u modd the xbox or u super f***