1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 Mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by DarkMods, Oct 2, 2006.

1. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

talk to my friend we were modding in same party i know 2 modders in a party is retarded anyway he is either using an account that i dont have on my friends list or he's been EEPROM banned just incase u dont know an EEPROM ban is where Microsoft bans your xbox from XBOX LIVE

2. cearel

cearel Guest

yea i know already unbanned myself. U missed the big disscusion on the possiblitys

3. kennymod

kennymod Member

yah, u can unbann urself

plus there are ways around a ban

4. cearel

cearel Guest

not a eeprom ban there is only one way

5. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

i got news about halo 3 i am going to start another thread about it

6. cearel

cearel Guest

ok cool

7. imryan

imryan Member

guys, ur gonna luv me when i tell u this (well, maybe, maybe not) Im not giving any direct click-on links to sites, but on w w w. a 4 h . u s, there is a utility called mapconverter pro in the downloads section. When u download it, open it up and open up the old map that you ftp'd (ill be using coagulation). Then, in the dropdown box below, choose which new map you want coagulation to replace (ex. warlock). then click on convert, and when its finished, go back into the ftp program. delete warlock.map, and ftp COAGULATION into the folder where warlock was. now, go to the xbox window and rename coagulation.map to warlock.map, and Ta Da! Your finished

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  8. cearel

cearel Guest

lol [bold]old[/bold] news man good find though hehe

9. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

does this allow me to mod old maps online

10. cearel

cearel Guest

yes because they will be on ur hdd so when u turn ur mod off h2 will still be able to get to those maps

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  11. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

i was talking to my friend who disc mods and he said that every1 else would fail to load the map

12. cearel

cearel Guest

ic that makes sence here is a tut i finally found and tried and it works but is a hole lot of work

How You gEt Halo 2 on Computer To Make a Modded Disk 4 Modding Old Maps On Live
    ###############################################################################

1. Go to http://www.isobuster.com/ DoWnload Iso Buster Ill include in in pack Dont worry ...Pick the Dvd drive goto options Communication ---> Read Settings then Put the Sliders To 1

2. Insert a movie DVD into your DVD drive. Make Sure thats shits likee 7.5 GB

3. Open up wxripper just open it for now

4. Right click the DVD in IsoBuster and go to "Extract DVD <image>". It'll ask what u want to call it ect leave the save as menu open DO NOT CLICK OK.

5. Now go back to wxripper and go to hotswap then hit stop disc.

6. Then take a paperclip and unwind it into like a metal rod. and stick it in the lil pin hole emerg. eject botton on the front of your dvd drive

7. Then Swap the Movie with your Halo 2 Disk , and push the tray back In Do NOT TOUCH THE EJECT BOTTON EVER !!!!.

8. Then go back to wxripper go to hotswap then hit spin disc.

9. Go back to IsoBuster and then click "OK".

10. In a little IsoBuster will start complaining about unreadable sectors. Check "Replace with Dummy Data" and "Always apply selection", then click "Selection". Now Go fusk aroun becasue this shit takes forever

11. If you want to verify the image, mount it in Daemon Tools or Alcohol, it should play the video part of the disk.

Securtity Patch your Iso
    ########################

1. Open up Clone CD and put in the DVD Movie that you swapped halo2 for when you copied it to your computer.

2. Press "Read Disc To File". Enter a name, click ok, and abort a few moments later. DON'T select to delete the incomplete image. Manually delete all but the .dvd file

3. Open the Halo2 image and the .dvd file in SS Patcher 1.5. Then go to image tools and Patch image. Then it will ask for the security sector. Open the Halo2NTSCSecuritySector or Halo2PALSecuritySector depending on where you live.

4. Then hit patch image.

Mod Maps On iso
    ###############

1. Open the Halo2 image with H2 ISO EDITOR and replace the original maps with the modded ones.

HOW TO BURN THE IMAGE:
    ######################

1. Open up Clone CD again and open the .DVD file that you earlier created.

2. Then hit burn.

Hot SwAping Disk
    ################

Open your XBox Remove the top of the dvd drive boot up Retail Halo 2 disk sign into xbox
    live with your xbox open and the dvd drive appart then once signed in goto pregame Lobby
    and when Lazor goes off youll see then swap the disk to modded Burnt disk :) Presto u have
    Just hot swaped enjoy Modding old maps without firmware hack

Tutorial By XxDAxXBLITZ Of http://blitzmodz.com/Forums

With Some UseFull Help From IPPFI NeOn

13. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

is the dvd movie the blank disc

14. cearel

cearel Guest

yes it is

15. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

do i need a dvd burner in my computer[built in]

16. cearel

cearel Guest

u just need to be able to burn dvds

17. kyle218

kyle218 Member

hey i'm a noob can you download any pre mod maps any where and if you can how do you burn them

18. T4K34S34T

T4K34S34T Member

For those noobz that want to know how to soft mod you need 2 things.
    1. action replay.
    2. The odest splinter cell you can find.

After that you insert splinter cell. Go to checkpoints or something like that and clik on the save that appars there it should say Linuks(not sure about spelling). Than you should apper at a dashborad for your Xbox and it should be blue. Then instal ms backup. Then instal Evoxs.

After that you need to go to google an type in Linuks(not sure about spelling). There should be a esay access ULR than download to your PC.

Next you need to find patchs to patch the mods you downloaded(PPF's work the best. Once you download and patch the modz you need to get the oringal maps on to the PC.

The final step is to go to the modded dashboard and go to network seting so that you have the right IP. Than patch the oringal maps and the modded maps. once they are pacthed you need to copy and tranfer. Than go restore the oringal dashboard.

Congrats!! You just Modded you Xbox

19. T4K34S34T

T4K34S34T Member

IF OYU WANT TO OLD MAP MOD THAT BAD JUST BY A CHIP.

20. DarkMods

DarkMods Guest

cereal do u mean that i dont need advd burner and all i have to do is follow your tutorial