1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 ON PC!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by ZippyDSM, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Well vista PCs anyway 0-o
    god M$ blows ,the only reason to put it on vista is to try and sell vista much like they tried to sell Xhoaxs with Halo......

even with them refuseing to multi platform thier Xslusive games the Xbox is still number 3 to me 0-o

Anyway I ahd the megagames link soemwhere dail up is pitchign a fit aobut me being online so I wil jsut leave this here *L*

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

a 360 not a Xbox,a Xbox would be 100 :p
    lets face unless they ahve overhauled the "upgrade" versions its just unstable and bad better off getting the "whole" thing ><

How long did it take for Alternat programers to get out a Win9X fix for Doom 3? 2 months? *L*
    Ya I have no dout that someone will release a patch to fix this lil bit of corprate BS.....its crap like this that wants me to buy vista just to back it up and take it back ><

if WHole Vista was under 190 I would be happy to buy it..but they dont sell OSs like that its 100 for upgrade and 299 for normal and 499 for the corpate ed.....heres a thought make a small bizzness ed that lets you copy it on 4 or 6 PCs at 790 and a normal corpate ed for 500 thus makeing the normal home ed under 200 or soemthing...my god M$ makes money hand over iron fist they could do soemthing to make normal version cheap for the populous.....sorry if I ranted to much feel free to remove anything *L* ^^

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I jsut releised that Halo 2 is on the Xbox >< damn my late night sleep deprived postings *L*

5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Yes I already there whineing about it :p
    I made this thread befor the news hit here *L*
    I see what M$ is doing but fusk it would be better off for everyone if they jsut used a online key checker like ID dose and get it over with but now they just want to rape custmers lil by lil...

7. s3a

s3a Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2006
  8. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

This whole Halo 2 on Vista thing wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that Vista is supposed to be a resources hog. What I mean by that is that if you don't have a powerful computer to begin with you wont be able to run Vista, so it would have to be doubly powerful to run Halo 2 on top of that.

9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

VIster will want at least 500-800MB for normal operation

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  10. s3a

s3a Guest

500-800 MB of what? RAM?

11. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

s3a

yup thats why you'll need a ture min of 1GB in order to run it
    altho they might make it behave more when they finaly get it out but personality I woundt want anyhtign elss than 2GB for it 0-o

12. s3a

s3a Guest

There is no way I am going to get Vista! Why should I? Sexy 3D looks? It's not worth sacrificing that much RAM nor is it to pay hundreds of extra dollars!

Who agrees with me?

P.S.
    A Halo 2 patch will be made so that it will work on Windows XP, of that, I am certain! It is just a matter of time!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  13. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

s3A
    with al th halo fans out thier you kow thier going to at last try and mod it over of corse MS is doing thier best to not let it be moded.

as I said in a diff thread
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7809.cfm

I would be hapy to pay 80 for Halo 2 XP version it seems MS dosent understand anything anymore.

hell even if it has a no net no play feature and has to connect online to check the key and make sure its good I could live with it,but MS being MS wants vista sold......they can take vista and shove it up gates arse....and watch pennies rain from his ears....

14. s3a

s3a Guest

zippy, your sig says you need a dvd player that just plays dvd's, period...well why don't you just burn the dvd's with no menu?

P.S.
    Do the above on DVD-RW's if you like (not to waste dvd's for nothing) or transfer the dvd movies to a VHS...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

s3a

I know I know I knwo I was hopeing the inventive eletronics makers of the far east (coughchinacough) made soemthign that will just skip the crap and go to the moive so the 2 old people here wont drag me out of the trailer each time they want to see soemthing.

I mean sure I can do them on DVDrs becsue you know they cant amke up thier mind thus all the DVDs they borow will ahve to be copied and then put with the real on..or mabye the real one hid becuse they will forget.......you see where I am going with this eh?.....

the trouble with DVD RW is soem dvd alyers might hate it the next thing is DVD RWs like to be use with kit gloves smudges and scratchs are a no no..I am sure putting it in upside down dont help either :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  16. matt87622

matt87622 Member

ive used the vista beta2 (for 30days) it is the most unstable OS i have ever used so unless they fix everything they as may as well not release it. just to install it alone it took 4hrs+ on a P4 3.2 D, with 2GB of ram.

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

matt87622

its a beta and it runs fine for some the ture problem is going to be its real min reqs I see 1GB ramm and 2Ghz CPU easily hell it might run horabliy on non faster sata drives...and to get it runign at a "normal" speed you'll need a 6 Grand PC >< plus the DRM...sure as long as I get the 6 grand AND the new comp with vister for free i'll bite..