1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 unpacking help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by idknox, Oct 21, 2004.

1. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

that's correct, so what is this ind-halo you're reffering to? You're almost done, so what's the problem. The patch should be there.

2. clayman24

clayman24 Member

the ind-hl2d file is supposed to be the dvd kit ... its got the dummy.bik and the halo2dvd5.bat

3. clayman24

clayman24 Member

when i use ind-hl2d it is supposed to extract some files and take some time... but it just shows ms-dos for a split second then disappears and out comes a 576 kb halo2_dvd5.iso How big is the final version of the game supposed to be

4. clayman24

clayman24 Member

also what do you mean by the patch? how do i use this patch?

5. darkbilal

darkbilal Member

Ah......dude you're going to make me slit my own wrist, LOL. PM'd you.

6. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I one question for you guys that have been able to play the Pal version.

I got my hands on a copy of the Pal version too. It was 4.7Gig and I was able to shrink it with the DVD9 to DVD5 kit that's out there. I just sold my 250Gb XB hard drive so I've had to I put the retail HD back in the box. Because of this can't load the game to the HDD so I burned it with Nero (it burned fine at 8X). Problem is every time I try to load it I get one of those stupid messages;"there's either a problem with your disc or it's duty. Press (A) to continue" then it throws me back to the Dashboard.
    I did some googling and found that others that had this problem fixed it by changing the system to PAL display. This didn't work for me. Others say that the game will only load with the new X3 1957 Bios. I usually run the x2 and EM8. I found the X3 and flashed my Xenium Ice (modchip) but now the system won't even boot with that bios. I can go in through the Xenium OS and erase the bios and load an old one; then the dashboard loads fine ( Minus Halo 2). I'm getting SOO frustrated! any suggestions???

7. a_bains

a_bains Member

You need extract the iso image to some folder on your hard drive using a program such as "Qwix" and then using the same program (Qwix) patch the default.xbe file. If you are playing this game from your hard drive this is your problem, you need to patch the "default.xbe" which is located in the files that u have extracted. Use the program "Qwix" to patch the xbe file and to extract the iso image. Good Luck!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  8. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

THanks for the headsup!

I actually got it to work this weekend! My mistake is that for some strange reason the game wouldn't work off of the disk I burned it on. I ended up erasing some of the apps I had loaded onto the drive and just loaded H2 to the HDD. Works like a charm! WOW! The game is outstanding!! and the online Multiplayer. (X-link Kai) In a word; Masterpiece! Worth the wait.

9. sponjob

sponjob Member

hello guys...one question...when I extract the iso file of halo 2 it shows me a rar file instead a iso file...why?...and I cannot aply the dvd5 kit...what is wrong??...for unpacking I use winrar...thanks

10. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

Well, 1st; About the RAR file....
    Are you sure it's a rar file? sometimes if your system doesn't have an ISO program like winISO or ultraiso registered to execute iso files, winrar automatically registers to it. This is because it can extract normal iso files. Chances are though, that if you try and extract the Halo 2 xiso, it'll come up with an error. To make sure it is infact a rar file and not an iso file that just has the win rar logo; (assuming you run XP) use the tools option in a regular windowed directory and select folder options. Go to the views tab and make sure that the option that says "hide extensions of known life types" is unchecked. This way you'll see all of the three character extensions for all files.If it say rar then you know. I think it'll say ISO.

Finally as for the DVD5 thing - make sure you read the directions before you attempt it. I was dumb enough not to so it took me a few moments of stupidity to realize that the bat file that comes with it expect the orginal iso file that you download to be renamed to another name before you run the bat file.

11. sponjob

sponjob Member

thank you djkc2000!!!!!
    I got winiso,install it and give in the folder options from the rar-file(halo 2 iso) "open with winiso", it changes the type of file and the best comes now, the kit to make dvd5 of dvd9 runs without problem(without having to rename nothing)
    for burning I´m going to use nero...udf rom...it´s ok