1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 wont boot from HDD or DVD from SOFTMODDED BOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by 0S1R1S, Jun 28, 2007.

1. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Member

So here it is in a nutshell.

I soft modded my XBOX with the Splinter Cell game save exploit, and installed the softmod via Auto Installer Deluxe 4.1? not quite sure of the build, but anyway. I recently used XBOXHDM to create a XBOX drive on a new Maxtor 120GB drive. It works and all, i boot the dash and fine. But I used DVD2XBOX to copy Halo2, then I run it from XBOX2DVD and it loads up until the blue HALO2 screen where you have to press start to log in, and when you hit start (or anything for that matter) it just freezes up.. And now it does the same even reading the game from the DVD (orignal). it plays every other game fine, original and homebrew... I dont understand what would cause the freeze up? Im about to try a few ideas I had, one being, backup, then delete my UDATA/TDATA folders, so when i try to load my profile it will just generate a new one, not try to find my old ones.. Its the best I got right now.. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, if you've been playing from the disc and then try to load from the HDD the gamesaves will corrupt themselves.

Clear out the cache too!

3. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Member

Good deal, I got it running from DVD again.. Now if i were to copy it to the HDD, would I just delete the cache again, and im gonna try using xbox game saves manager to weed through some gamesaves so i can start clean with a fresh copy on the hdd, that will run.. does that sound reasonable? or is there more to get the hdd version to work?

4. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Member

so im running xbox saves manager, and it loads the game saves into the left xbox panel, but its just icons.. no text,, so i cant tell what is what? i know atleast my halo 2 game save is huge, and i found a huge one, i might wipe it and try it.. any suggestions on gettin some font?

5. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Member

GOT IT!

Just cleared U/TDATA folders, and the Cache and ripped it. Works great!

Hope this helps anyone else

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, just keep that in mind. The cache hates you changing the launch location!