1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo burns good with clone cd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by toothpick, Oct 19, 2003.

1. toothpick

toothpick Member

this is just to let anyone know that if you want to burn halo for pc.... clone cd works. but you don't really need to because u don't need the cd to play the single player game. but if you want a back up copy then clonecd works. i downloaded the halo patch and then there were problems. it wanted the cd for single player and it wouldn't recognize my burned copy as the right cd. so if u want to play single player halo. just don't get the update. if u want to play multi player, ur gonna have to purchase a legal copy of the game.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Nowadays downloading new pc games usually have some type of cd protection on them (Safedisc& SecuROM). It appears the image you downloaded also included a "no cd patch", thus eliminating the need to insert the "play disc".
    I'll take a guess Halo is SecuROM 4.8.x cd protected so you would need the "original" image file and backup using BlindWrite Suite or CloneCD\Twinpeak Tool and create a "play disc" backup. How many total cd's (or images)are there for Halo?

It's not a good idea to endorse piracy m8

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2003
  3. toothpick

toothpick Member

i'm sorry if i made it sound like i downloaded the game. this would be nearly impossible because i have a 56k. i didn't need to because there is no play disk really. like counter strike. but when i downloaded the patch. it wanted the original disk. and when i said "ur gonna have to purchase a legal copy of the game" i meant if u lost ur store bought cd and were using the back up cd then u will need to purchase a legal copy. i used clone cd to copy it. and i like using clone cd for all the games i own because i can just save them to my hard drive. and clonyXXL said it had safedisk v2.7 and rated it with 7 skulls.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The play disc is the cd that you scanned with ClonyXXL= Safedisc 2.x cd protected m8. If Halo is a 2 cd set then most likely the other cd is a data disc (no Safedisc cd protection). You can try Daemon Tools, mount both images and try to install\play with Safedisc emualtion enabled.

Shoey :)

5. feehan

feehan Member

hey guys im new to this shit i was wondering if i wanted to download halo for pc is it possible and how can i do it ...? what program should i be useing to download new games?

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. No Piracy Discussion. Period
    2. This is for the File Sharing Room. http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/18 No piracy dicussion their either.

7. toothpick

toothpick Member

THERE IS 1 CD
    YOU DO NOT NEED THE CD TO PLAY HALO. THEREFORE THERE IS NO PLAY DISK.

but if you download the "patch" that is supposed to fix minor compatibility issues with the game and some systems, the REAL cd is required. then the install disk becomes the play disk. soo if you have no interest in playing multiplayer, your system can play halo smoothly, and you tend to treat your cd's like crap (like me)......burn it with clone cd and use it when u need it.

counter strike and unreal tournament are 2 other good games that don't require the disk to play. OH BTW does anyone know what program i'd use to burn vice city? i ran a scan on the play disk and it said unknown protection.

you're gonna have a hard time finding an answer to a "where can i illegally download games?" question anywhere on the net. soo i suggest you mow lawns or borrow the game from a friend.

8. Praetor

Ahem. Halo is a two cd game. If you owned it you would know that.

This only occurs if you havnt make a proper backup of the game in the first place

If you have a "1 cd" version well then...

9. toothpick

toothpick Member

wow i guess i've been talking out of my ass then. i got the cdr from a friend who got it from a friend. so it's a friend of a friend's. just one disk. and it installs the single player game.

anyway i've moved on i'm almost done with halo single player but right now i'm trying to burn my vice city play disk. i'm having trouble patching the image though. i patched it with a bwa i downloaded and then i tried to mount the patched image and play from the virtual drive. it said it was the wrong drive. do i have to burn it to a cd or was the virtual drive right when it said it's was wrong?

10. Praetor

1. Different topic.
    2. Yes perhaps you were talking out of your ass.. but more likely just misinformed... or rather your friend has a pirated copy. Cuz here I am looking at it.... 2 cds. :)

11. 1800gumby

1800gumby Member

Hey what this about two disks i've got tthe origonal sitting in front of me and its one disk. Anywhoo i want to make a backup copy is there any way to make a fully workin back of halo or should i quit now and take extra good care with the disc.

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If one backsup Halo with a "2 sheep burner", then the backup will work with the update patch installed m8. See the list of "2 sheep burners".

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/45121

Did you try and mount the image of Halo using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% virtual stealth drive(s) and play? Use a tool called Safedisc Analyser and scan the game exe on the hd and see if the patch updates the Safedisc cd protection.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2003
  13. toothpick

toothpick Member

i have a sony CRX175E. i actually just started using daemon tools and haven't tried that. i don't care anyway i just beat the single player and i don't feel like trying to play halo on my 56k modem. any1 want the game? lol jk. i'm not mailing or e-mailing any1 anything. i'm too lay z.

anyway can someone help me burn my vice city play disk. i've read things on how to on this forum and this other one but forsome reason it doesn't patch right. i patch the play disk image and then try to run it from my hard drive and it says something like "Wrong disk inserted please insert vice city PLAY disk"
    do i HAVE to burn the image to a cd to test it? and will a cdrw work?

14. Praetor

Please start a different thread for this... or better yet... search for the answer... i vaguely recall a fairly large thread on VC back in the summer. :)

15. cdneger

cdneger Member

Hello!
    Here in the Netherlands Halo is a ONE CD game, people. I dunno if you "foreigners" get bonus stuff or whatever but I bought the game the day it came out (and burned it with CloneCD and a duo-mutton burner, no problems there) and I can tell you it is really only the one cd.....

16. Praetor

Hehe you never know :p