1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo SP Mod?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by Tanubi, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Tanubi

Tanubi Member

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I have been searching for a couple weeks through the internet and maybe i am using the wrong keywords or something but i can't seem to find any info.

What I wanted to know is if you can Mod Halo story mode for the xbox as i have tried pulling out the .map files from the xbox itself and editing them with HHT and HMT but when i put them back in, it seems to make no difference and i can even delete all the campaign maps and it doesn't seem to effect the fact that they still show up and can be played perfectly fine.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to mod halo xbox single player mode and if so could you please point me in the direction of a tutorial?

2. tubbsey88

tubbsey88 Member

are you burning a new disc everytime you change a map?

3. Tanubi

Tanubi Member

Not burning a disk, just FTP-ing into the Xbox HDD and putting the .map files in there. but even though i have modded them and even deleted all the .map files, It makes no difference to the game play.

When i change a map, for example i will open up HHT and uncompress the a10.map I, for example turn captian keys into an elite and change the guns to shoot plasma rounds from pistols. I then put the entire a10.map back into the xbox HDD via FTP and start the game up without a disk in and there is no change. So in the end i deleted all .maps and still no change... Game plays perfectly and does't alter one bit... like the .map files have no effect what so ever on the game.... Any ideas?