1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo2/3 chat.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Nephilim, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pustolio

pustolio Member

when is xbox 2 suppose to be out cuase i wanna buy an xbox really bad but not buy it and xbox2 come out right away.. cuase that would suck

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

chilidog, do you not realize that we are all just making predictions? I know I'm taking a long-shot in thinking you could possibly understand the following explanation, but I'll write reeeeaaaaallll sllllooooowwwww in hopes that you will be able to comprehend. I'll try to refrain from using big words like comprehend, comprehend?

Think about it this way....Halo2 was cut short, correct? Do you agree with me on that one? I think most everyone will agree with that. They already have material for Halo3. Most likely much of that material is in the last stages of development. Why in the world would they NOT finish it for the current platform? I'm not a programmer, coder, graphics designer or whatever OK? I'll admit that up front. Nor do I pretend that I have an "in" with Bungie or MS or anyone's cousin who's friend works there. I'm merely making prediction based on what I think to be common sense and good reasoning on the part of a game developer. I just don't think they will scrap what they've already developed. Might I be wrong? ABSOLUTELY! At least I don't deny it.

So....I still think Halo3 will be released for the current platform. The graphics engine is still fine and Halo1 and 2 are still about the finest two games anyone will ever play on the xbox. Yes, xbox2 will have a better gpu. We all know that. Yes, b/c of that it should be much better than the current xbox. I'll say again, that I don't care if xbox2 is backward compatible or not. Whatever will bring us the best games is fine with me. Maybe Bungie will release a Halo 3.5 especially for the xbox2 that contains some new levels or something. I don't know. Sounds cool though.

Anyway, if you have information you would like to share with us that is 1.) intelligible (uh oh ..you might have to break the dictionary out on that one) and 2.) no, the first one basically covers it; then please feel free to share it. WOOF!

3. salvron

salvron Guest

Well first of all i would like to say that is some really good infomation insidebun on the Xbox 2, halo 3 ect, ect. But im not sure i like the idea of playing as drones and hunters. The grenade plan looks like a good idea. Finally insidebun shouldnt your mate working for Bungie be keeping quiet and be under a privecy agreement or something, not that im complaining cos if i were you i would get all the infomation i could.

4. sumdude

sumdude Member

I think halo 3 was actually part of halo 2, because some of you might have heard the head dude at bungie (i dont kno who) who said that halo2 was the last halo game. that was like in 2002. as greedty as microsoft is they bought bungie and told them to make halo 3 in time for xbox 2 or really close to xbox 2. thats why i think they had to redo most of halo 2 and thats why it took such a long time for not that big of a game. Also if you heard steve ballman or sumthing like that, he said (currenty we are working on halo 2 and halo 3 for the next systems of xbox and xbox 2) thats why i think halo 3 is coming abbout this critsmas or next cristmas 2006 to make even more money as they want to and end the trilogy with the best game of the YEAR!

5. sumdude

sumdude Member

o ya i forgot to say a lot of people i kno are telling me that they are reading in a lot of sites that they are going to sell halo 3 the same day ps3 comes out so theres not really going to be a realese date. they are doing that to cut down sonys profit. so for a while i think halo 3 isnt going to have a realease date or until sony makes an official realease date for the ps3. just wat i heard.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  6. sumdude

sumdude Member

does anyone kno real proof of what xbox 2 is going to have?

7. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

sumdude, check out Page 15 of the Dec 2004 issue of the Official XBOX Magazine.

Xbox Next specs - codenamed "Xenon"
    CPU: IBM Power5's or perhaps PowerPC G5 which the early Software Development Kits had
    GPU: ATI 500MHz built directly into the chipset
    RAM: 256MB (maybe 512MB by release time due to how cheap RAM is)
    HD: Nada. Adios. See you later. Gone.

Also, this issue does say they believe Halo 3 will arrive on shelves for Xbox Next (that's what they are calling it) the same day the PS3 ships in the US.

8. sumdude

sumdude Member

hey Nephilim plzz dont ban me for saying this 1 off topic question. i wont do it again. well my question is ive read a lot of sites saying there is no hard drive for xbox 2. there using a flash memory card or sumthing like this. well does the flash memory card saves games songs and etc. that the originall xbox hard drive did? and well it be better then the hard drive. srry again for this off topic post but i just really need to kno. THNX

9. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

Well I think if PS3 were better than Xbox 2 it wouldn't matter. 1 simply reason- HALO 3! Halo 3 is for Xbox 2, so what other titles would be great for PS3 other than the GTA series? Besides that game has crappy graphics and the gameplay is alright but, its just basically another GTA typical game, with limited multiplayer and same old weapons and such.... anyone agree?

10. paul19

paul19 Guest

does ne1 know wut the heck skulls are used for.....cuz i havent found 1 and every1 is talking about them....can some plz help

11. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Actually, the files could be exactly the same. After all, they don't "code" the files to suit xbox graphics. It depends on which graphic card it uses.

13. paul19

paul19 Guest

thx rockdawg.....really wanted to know!!!!

14. paul19

paul19 Guest

oh my thing says my live account is paul19 its actually...wait i forgot tell u l8r

15. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

This post is directed towards InsideBun, dont worry i am not complaining or making fun of you in anyway or criticizing....

I believe InsideBun and what he has typed about the release of HALO 3 and Xbox 2. InsideBun, if you get a chance to reply to this, could you answer a few of the following questions that i have.

Can you tell me an email address or a site, that i can contact Bungie or atleast give feedback on the new HDD and the making of HALO 3?

Secondly, I do agree with everything you have typed, since you have typed alot, I would believe that you really do know what your talking about... Did you say you knew a friend from Bungie? If that person gives you information on Bungie's progress, please could you contact me or atleast post the info on these forums? That wouldn't be asking too much, i hope not...

Thirdly, I do agree with most of the updates that Bungie is making, so you say, I read just about all of what you have posted in your post, to me, i think HALO 3 is shaping out to be really cool. I am really looking forward to the new HDD in the Xbox 2, and you said that if you agree with this, that we should contact Bungie soon, like some of the other posts say: HALO 3 is key to making the XBox 2 successful...

UPDATE US PLZ MAN!BUT THX A TON FOR YOUR POST!

16. sumdude

sumdude Member

Thanks for replying on my posts . lol j/k but can sum 1 kinda tell me sum info on things i asked. k thx

17. NovusVir

NovusVir Guest

I have a source in IBM (working on the hardware for xbox2), and a what he heard is that Halo 3 will be for XBox 2, but it won't be a first day release. It will probably be released on the same day as PS3.

18. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

sumdude, I did answer your question. You asked what xbox 2 was going to have? To me that meant you wanted to know specs. If that's NOT what you meant, you should have clarified. You followed up that post by asking about flash memory. They mentioned that in the same article that I quoted from above. I think the flash memory would only be for game saves and the like and not music (of course, depending on the size of the flash memory). Now, if they put a USB 2.0 port on there and gave us the ability to use our own USB flash memory or hard drives, that would be cool.

But again, who really knows. Even what is written in the Official Xbox Magazine is speculation. Don't you think everyone is being very tight lipped about it and have signed away their souls to NOT give out details? LOL

19. ixeos

ixeos Member

that would be awesome if Halo 3 were released the same day as PS3...then all the stupid PS3er's would have to wait in line behind everyone who wants Halo 3.......back of the line!

j/k ya'll

20. sumdude

sumdude Member

thanx rockdawg, but honestly if you kno wat i think, there gonna put in flash memory, and you kno how they said that the xbox 2 was going to connect with the pc in a lot of ways, i think there gonna make sum wire where u can use yr pc hard drive for yr xbox. so you have the flash memory and the hard drive. pretty cool wouldnt be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.